UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Yvettes just approaching her fifth year with me and she's never been oiled.

She has cornflour (#1) applied maybe three times a week (Occassionally more, rarely less) and internally water based lubricant when needed

This is an interesting discussion though and I do wonder, if a black spot were to appear what do people generally treat TPE with to get rid of it? More specifically. considering that the mouth is on most heads the place least able to breath (ironic really!). if black spot appeared inside the mouth how would people treat it.

All the best.

Shamus.

#1 I've recently been experimenting with talc. I did one arm and one leg in Talc. The other arm and leg in Cornflour. Initially I found no major difference between the two but after about a month I felt that the Talc side seemed a little harsher to the touch than the Cornflour side. Now, that might be because the cornflour is applied liberally with a five inch wide brush where the talc is sprinkled on and massaged in, so it's more likely to be quantity rather than quality that I'm comparing. I have however reverted completely back to cornflour.
Someone on another forum puts a bit of vaseline in all three cavities once a month to prevent mold, they also use a femidom for easier clean up, wow 5 years? Is she still in good condition? Longest i have had a doll is 2 months haha

I know the dolls do get quite tacky my silicone one did quite a bit i use Johnsons cornstarch lavender powder, i have seen peoples tpe dolls get mould on them its not pretty lol, the key seems to be to keep them clean and dry properly and not full of moisture
Old 04-11-2018, 11:46 PM
Gold Excellence Member

This maybe interesting reading for those also on TDF and got half an hour spare https://www.dollforum.com/forum/view...?f=227&t=77364

Tommo

Seems like I'm a JinSan-Ds-4Woods man.

Other brands are available.
🔖 Always read the label
🔖.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:28 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDub View Post
Someone on another forum puts a bit of vaseline in all three cavities once a month to prevent mold, they also use a femidom for easier clean up, wow 5 years? Is she still in good condition? Longest i have had a doll is 2 months haha

I know the dolls do get quite tacky my silicone one did quite a bit i use Johnsons cornstarch lavender powder, i have seen peoples tpe dolls get mould on them its not pretty lol, the key seems to be to keep them clean and dry properly and not full of moisture
Hi DanDub,

She looks as new except for the curse of WM's and her left wrist has broken finger wires (severered at the wrist, fix pending). I say looks as I know that her joints were once much tighter so she cannot hold the poses now that she once did. But, touch wood, her regular powdering regime plus being stored flat on a white blanket means that she has enjoyed a good healthy life to date which shows in her condition. It possibly also helps that I keep the house quite cold and she's never been subjected to direct bright sunlight.

Lol on the lavendar powder... Yvette gets treated like a princess but her cornflour is the sort the you make gravy from! Not something that I would have ever dreamt of using if I had not read it on here but it really works.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Hi DanDub,

She looks as new except for the curse of WM's and her left wrist has broken finger wires (severered at the wrist, fix pending). I say looks as I know that her joints were once much tighter so she cannot hold the poses now that she once did. But, touch wood, her regular powdering regime plus being stored flat on a white blanket means that she has enjoyed a good healthy life to date which shows in her condition. It possibly also helps that I keep the house quite cold and she's never been subjected to direct bright sunlight.

Lol on the lavendar powder... Yvette gets treated like a princess but her cornflour is the sort the you make gravy from! Not something that I would have ever dreamt of using if I had not read it on here but it really works.
The fingers seemed to have improved slightly over the years from what i have read but still one of the most delicate things a lot people want fixed on dolls my yl 165 back in april her fingers felt really strong but I didnít go bending them, i know there are uk vendors that can tighten joints on dolls so its handy to know as i know I would make a mess of it lol

Ha i do like the powdering down a doll the lavender one kinda gives them their own scent along with some perfume, i know with my last two dolls my room gets really stuffy so i put the fan on and have the windows slightly open