UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Active New Member

Default Tpe dolls during the summer

With how hot and humid it can be during the summer (especially this year), for those with tpe dolls how are they holding up? As i hear things about risks of mould etc due to the humidity so just wondering
Old 04-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Gold Member

Regular applications of mineral oil prevents mold.

With two aquariums in the same room it's never being a problem for the dolls. I can't say the same for the outside wall however...
Old 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Active New Member

Ouch for the outside wall lol, so how often should one give the doll an oil rub? Some say once a month some say the newer dolls hold their oils much better and only need an oil rub down a few months between so kind of gets conflicting, i just want to keep my doll (when i get her) in good shape

Ill be getting the wm torso with arms so that will cut down the maintenance somewhat
Old 04-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Gold Excellence Member

No problems here,
It was nice to have a bit of warm TPE,
Winter is coming I'm not a great fan of cold TPE,
I better get the central heating on.

Tommo

Seems like I'm a JinSan-Ds-4Woods man.

Other brands are available.
🔖 Always read the label
🔖.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDub View Post
Ouch for the outside wall lol, so how often should one give the doll an oil rub? Some say once a month some say the newer dolls hold their oils much better and only need an oil rub down a few months between so kind of gets conflicting, i just want to keep my doll (when i get her) in good shape
When she's accumulated too much fluff, give her a mild soapy bath, then oil, then allow to dry and then powder (talc or cornflour).

No particular routine. If she needs cleaning, then do all three of the above and you will be sorted.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
It was nice to have a bit of warm TPE,
Winter is coming I'm not a great fan of cold TPE,
I better get the central heating on.
I've taken to having Allie on a 'low light' during the day AND night twixt an electric blanket.

Come the evening... *bliss*...

Come the morning... even more *bliss*...
Old 04-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Silver Member

I would only use oil if you can see tpe drying i have had my Annabelle since Jan and she looks the same as when i got her i have not oiled her once yet! Trust me oiling tpe will mess with chemistry of the tpe and weaking it, i wash Annabelle once every couple of months and powder her and she looks as good as the day i got her regards Silver
Old 04-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox71 View Post
I would only use oil if you can see tpe drying i have had my Annabelle since Jan and she looks the same as when i got her i have not oiled her once yet! Trust me oiling tpe will mess with chemistry of the tpe and weaking it, i wash Annabelle once every couple of months and powder her and she looks as good as the day i got her regards Silver
Yes I would pretty much agree with Silver, I bath and talc one tpe girl each week it now takes me a nearly two months to get back to the start, I do oil some of my girls if i can see they need it, To be honest it is the thinner girls that the tpe dries out quicker, my larger wm 170H I never have had to do.

Tommo

Seems like I'm a JinSan-Ds-4Woods man.

Other brands are available.
🔖 Always read the label
🔖.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Active New Member

Thanks for the reply’s guys, seems its best to oil the tpe dolls once they start getting dry, dont have much experience with tpe as my first tpe doll i had only 3 days and my last doll was silicone
Old 04-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Gold Member

Yvettes just approaching her fifth year with me and she's never been oiled.

She has cornflour (#1) applied maybe three times a week (Occassionally more, rarely less) and internally water based lubricant when needed

This is an interesting discussion though and I do wonder, if a black spot were to appear what do people generally treat TPE with to get rid of it? More specifically. considering that the mouth is on most heads the place least able to breath (ironic really!). if black spot appeared inside the mouth how would people treat it.

All the best.

Shamus.

#1 I've recently been experimenting with talc. I did one arm and one leg in Talc. The other arm and leg in Cornflour. Initially I found no major difference between the two but after about a month I felt that the Talc side seemed a little harsher to the touch than the Cornflour side. Now, that might be because the cornflour is applied liberally with a five inch wide brush where the talc is sprinkled on and massaged in, so it's more likely to be quantity rather than quality that I'm comparing. I have however reverted completely back to cornflour.