UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Diamond Member

Default UK BORDER FORCE INSPECTION STANSTED - not fit for purpose

OPEN LETTER TO BORDER FORCE STANSTED INSPECTION FACILITIES
sales@instoneair.com,
bill.blanchard@magairports.com,
conan.busby@magairports.com,
bipmanager@btinternet.com,
dmchattiebip@btconnect.com,
imports@uttlesford.gov.uk,
gtsclearance@fedex.com

Dear Sirs

I write in total frustration. Border Force cargo facilities at Stansted Airport are wholly unfit for purpose. I have been waiting for Fedex package https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrac...&tracknumbers= (number here) &clienttype=ivother now for nearly two weeks and this is having a very negative impact upon the reputation of Fedex. Please between you can you expedite delivery of this item.

I have gone through every permutation of buck-passing between Fedex, one of whose online chat representatives was excessively rude and blocked further enquiry, and HMRC, Fedex telling me to contact HMRC and HMRC telling me to contact Fedex, and Fedex then telling me that the parcel is in the hands of another government agency unknown for physical inspection.

There is no reason whatever for more than cursory physical inspection, let alone which would require a delay of two weeks.

I wrote today to Fedex gtsclearance@fedex.com as below.

The item concerned is legitimate and there is no possible excuse for physical interference with it. Either someone somewhere unknown in your systems is excessively inefficient or they are ignorant of the law and of the 1986 Conegate vs Customs and Excise Judgment, a copy of which is attached for your assistance.

My parcel is not the only such parcel to be delayed. A legitimate vendor of such items has also two other shipments delayed by Stansted processing facilities:

· https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrac...rackingnumber= (number here) &cntry_code=us&locale=en_US

· https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrac...&tracknumbers= (number here) &locale=en_US&cntry_code=en

There is clearly a systemic problem with Border Clearance and Border Inspection facilities at Stansted and the service provided is unacceptable.

For the avoidance of doubt I attach a PDF of my book "Chloé" https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/908269350X/ based upon photographs of a posable mannequin such as the current Fedex consignment currently delayed. There is no imaginable justification for interference to import of such an item.

Please would you be good enough to track down the whereabouts of my consignment, to find out who is responsible for its delay and why, and to assist in expediting it on its way to be delivered to me.

The unreasonable delay is bad for the reputation of Fedex, of Stanstead, of British Bureaucracy and bodes ill for international trade for Britain in a future Brexit environment.

If I can assist by telephone my phone number is . . . . .

Yours faithfully,

- - - -

EMAIL TO FEDEX GTSCLEARANCE

This shipment has now been delayed for nearly two weeks. I wrote to you a week ago but your investigating the matter and hearing from you would be much appreciated.

Some misunderstanding must have happened and if the information below does not assist in clearing up the matter then having still not received any written word from HMRC/BorderForce regarding this item taken and delayed for physical examination, I would like, please, the opportunity to communicate with the officers involved with the decision.

Upon telephoning support for Fedex I was told that I must telephone HMRC directly. The number given did not work. I phoned Border Force at Stansted and was put through eventually to someone who told me that he was not allowed to tell me anything and that I must refer the matter back to Fedex to make appropriate enquiries.

The item is described as a "mannequin sample". It should have been described as a "posable mannequin" or sculpture. Made of silicone with metal skeletons, they are manufactured as "sex dolls" but they have therapeutic uses beyond sex, upon which I was lecturing at an art gallery in Amsterdam recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1zdeFyWP4 and for many are used as photographic models as you will see on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGa27Vco5AQ relating to a photoshoot with some art students.

The item currently detained by HMRC for physical inspection is the model in the photo attached. The only legitimate reason for seizure by Border Force, if this is in their mind, is if the item concerned looks like a child and therefore is associated with paedophilia. As you can see from the photographs attached, this is not the case, the figure concerned being unmistakably and unambiguously adult.

With regard to the import of such figures they are specifically allowed for import by reason of the 1986 decision by the European Court of Justice "Conegate vs Customs and Excise" by which in effect import of rubber dolls for adult sexual enjoyment became excluded from the provisions of the Customs Acts of 1876 and 1979.

The reason for this is that such dolls were and are not prohibited from manufacture and sale within this country or any other European country and that therefore seizing them at borders by customs was seen
(a) to be ineffectual in protecting the public morality
(b) in effect a trade barrier by the back door between countries with free-trade agreements in place.

The main reasons for this being an erroneous judgement for seizure, is seen in the previous 1982 Conegate case - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_doll
“A 1982 attempt to import a consignment of sex dolls into Britain had the unintended consequence of ending the law against importing "obscene or indecent" items that were not illegal to sell within the UK. Having had the dolls seized by Her Majesty's Customs and Excise officers, David Sullivan's Conegate Ltd. took the case all the way to the European Court of Justice, and won in 1987.[6] Britain was forced to lift its stringent import prohibitions dating from 1876, because for imports from within the European Community they constituted a barrier to free trade under the terms of the Treaty of Rome.”

The court found:

"A member state may not rely on grounds of public morality within the meaning of Article 36 of the EEC treaty in order to prohibit the importation of certain goods on the ground that they are indecent or obscene when its legislation contains no prohibition on the manufacture and marketing of the same goods on its territories."

So if the seizure is justifiable, please kindly ask the officer responsible to detail the legislation which specifically prohibits manufacture and marketing of rubber (latex, silicone, elastomer) dolls in the UK.
On the basis that there is none, and that no-one within your department (or its superiors) can produce any such legislation, if seizure is being contemplated a mistake of judgement has taken place and this matter should not have to go further.

Yours faithfully,

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Active New Member

Having read various threads (more-so especially on TDF) it really does sound like all current UK vendors just need to make sure the doll is imported anywhere other than Stanstead, which by all accounts seems to be full of idiotic, moronic buffoons with the intelligence level of a dead snail.

Hope you get this sorted soon Harem.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Gold Member

Sadly, faceless bureaucrats do not have to take responsibility for their decisions.

Now if you could sit in the same room with one of these bureaucrats, it would be a different story.

We are at the mercy of people hiding behind the titles given to them by government agencies who care not one jot how their ill informed decisions are affecting individuals on a daily basis.

I'm sure they are blindly following protocol. However, that protocol is ill conceived, mismanaged and legally dubious in its nature.

Ultimate responsibility for this and similar debacles lies with higher government echelons. They should be made to listen.

Last edited by algaeholics; 06-11-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Gold Excellence Member

as i have said in the past all UK vendors and all good manufacturers need to threaten to sue border force and the department they belong to.

carlys_guy
Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Diamond Member

For the avoidance of doubt this is the lady in question:

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Silver Member

for give my ignorance but is that not the same head on all dolls? or do i need a new eye test lol
Old 06-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Active New Member

3 different heads there. Promo shots are Head 4, factory are head 5 and the redhead is head 2
Old 06-11-2018, 11:50 PM

I seriously doubt any of those head body combos would be considered underage, so surely they can't have seized it all for that reason.

This seems to be becoming a very common problem. Sadly Border Farce are a law unto themselves, literally - and the couriers need to step up to the plate and admit liability for damage to dolls during inspection. I think things will get more difficult with importing dolls post-Brexit...

For some reason I'm not surprised it is StanShed. Given how shocking the passenger experience is there, it probably isn't much better in the cargo side.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:56 PM

I hope your doll gets to you soon and safely harem, mine is also waiting in stansted, wishing you all the best.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:59 PM

I don't know if this interview is available as a download.
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=11509

But if such a feminist lady would work at customs in the UK….