UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls wanted.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:37 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondino View Post
OH, I see! Thank you, I wasn't entirely sure about that, but this helps a lot. So if I bought a smaller, cheaper doll from France for example, there'd be no issues?
No none at all. I bought mine from a French dealer. Items from EU countries don't even need CN22 customs labels. It's a single market within the customs union.

We are leaving the EU and almost certainly the customs union next year so after that expect to pay import duty and VAT.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Bronze Member

I've learned a lot. Thank you, Frederick!
Old 10-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Bronze Member

Yep straight trip to UK
Old 10-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
It's a single market within the customs union.

We are leaving the EU and almost certainly the customs union next year so after that expect to pay import duty and VAT.
I sincerely hope people will wake up before it's too late. If it happens, luxury toys such as full size dolls will be taxed on import from anywhere up to the hilt.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
I sincerely hope people will wake up before it's too late. If it happens, luxury toys such as full size dolls will be taxed on import from anywhere up to the hilt.

Best wishes

Harem
I don't think there's any chance that anyone will wake up until it's too late. The idiots in government persuaded the public to vote the wrong way with false information. Both sides told lies, the important reasons to remain in the EU were never mentioned.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
I don't think there's any chance that anyone will wake up until it's too late. The idiots in government persuaded the public to vote the wrong way with false information.
None of us like paying too much but it's often really less well off guys who want and need to economise least able to pay the tax which a hard pinched government will ensure is extracted to the last penny and without leniency.

Currently we can even buy second hand dolls from Spain, France, Netherlands and Germany as our closest neighbours without a second thought, but afterwards tax will have to be paid at Dover.

I remember as a child my parents not being allowed to take more than £50 out of the country with which to go on holiday. Oh yeah - take Britain back to them those good ole days.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:40 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
None of us like paying too much but it's often really less well off guys who want and need to economise least able to pay the tax which a hard pinched government will ensure is extracted to the last penny and without leniency.

Currently we can even buy second hand dolls from Spain, France, Netherlands and Germany as our closest neighbours without a second thought, but afterwards tax will have to be paid at Dover.

I remember as a child my parents not being allowed to take more than £50 out of the country with which to go on holiday. Oh yeah - take Britain back to them those good ole days.

Best wishes

Harem
Oh yes, and being turned out every time we drive through Dover. I'm looking forward to hearing the complaints when people return from their holiday in Spain and have to pay duty and VAT on everything they bought there.

Tags
100cm, 1st doll, advice, new here