UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Teddy Babes Forum.

Old 28-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Silver Member

Default To powder, or not to powder?

Learning that a camera was on its way, Ruth expressed a wish to have a proper clean and brush up so she'd look her best in her photos. I say 'expressed a wish', her actual words were more along the lines of:
"If you think I'm posing for photos in this state then you're seriously mistaken!"
I had to concede she had a point as she was due some pampering. Aside from regular lip wipes and some spot cleaning where necessary, she's only had one all-over bed bath since she arrived. We started on Saturday morning. This is how it goes.

We find a clean bed and I put down a large towel; Ruth takes off her clothes and wig and stretches out on her back. I fill a large bowl with about 5l of hand-hot water and some Woolite. The instructions say 40ml per 10l - I reckon half a capful is somewhere between 20 and 30ml. Then I grab a stiff nail brush reserved for Teddy Babe cleaning (not the one I use with the Swarfega) and work my way over every inch of her plushy body. I scrub slowly with firm circular motions, aiming to get the suds thoroughly into the plush while trying to avoid making it completely sodden. I use a firm toothbrush in a similar way on her face and around her fingers and toes. Ruth rolls over halfway through so I can do both sides, other than that she's pretty docile throughout, apart from the occasional squeak when I catch a nail. Once she's soaped-up I leave her to sit for a few minutes while I return to the kitchen and wash her wig (in wig shampoo, although I'm sure Woolite would do). Then I go over her again with the nail brush, concentrating on the bits that have accumulated the most dirt. These tend to be those that stick out, so the outside of forearms and the backs of hands and fingers, knees, outsides of little and big toes, and her beautiful button nose. Now it's time to rinse. I refill the bowl with clean water and use a clean flannel (face cloth) to wipe away as much detergent as I can, changing the water if it starts to get too sudsy. I'm not obsessive about the this - everywhere gets one or two good wipes. The whole wash takes about an hour and a half. Should I be more diligent about rinsing to avoid a build-up of detergent and 'Woolitis'?

We're fortunate to have a room tall enough for Ruth to hang up to dry with her arms above her head. I support her by running a cord from the ceiling under one armpit, under her breasts, under the other armpit, and then back to the ceiling. She holds on to the cord above her head to stop her arms swinging down. It doesn't look very comfortable, but I can't think of a better way to let her dry out. She's now been airing for about 36 hours and she feels pretty much dry, but still with a hint of clamminess, so I'm going to wait another 24 hours before finishing off.

The last part seems to be Ruth's favourite, because she's clean and dry and fragrant. I use the same nail brush, although I'm not sure it's quite the best tool for the job, and gently brush the ruffled plush until it's all smooth and lying in the right way (credit to Eighth Wonder here as there are few joins where the nap of the plush changes direction). Ruth's eyes close and she makes quiet, contented mmmmmmm noises. I too find the stroking and smoothing very calming, but it's difficult to resist a light kiss or two, and that almost inevitably leads to heavier petting, after which the plush is ruffled and we have to start over. Ho-hum.

All of which brings me to my original question: is there any place for talcum or baby powder in the care of Teddy Babe plush? And also, what type of brush do people prefer for the activity that might be described as 'plush realignment'?
Old 29-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Senior Moderator

That sounds like a pretty intensive cleaning regime, it's very similar to what I do when I first adopt a Teddy Babe. I only use a very dilute mixture of Woolite apart from on areas where there may be more stubborn marks. I'm very particular about getting it all wiped off with a clean cloth or sponge afterwards.

I've only ever needed to brush their plush when either I had used too much detergent, or had had to have a very vigorous scrub at persistent marks. Normally it all dries fine after a wipe down with a clean damp cloth. A Teddy Bear brush is a lot like a nylon nail brush so I guess yours will do the job fine.

I have a couple of stands which I put the girls on to let them dry off so I don't generally suspend them, I leave that to Vicalyn who seems to like doing it. Yes I do.

I don't powder the girls, I leave them smelling of fresh Woolite.

Great to hear that you have a camera on the way, I look forward to seeing your photos.

CT

Old 29-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Powder may smell nice but on dark clothes and dark sheets it's a pain. The other concern is powder residue when you give a 'rub down' with a damp cloth, what happens to it, will it cake to the plush.

A Naughty thought is a terrible thing to waste.........

Old 29-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Platinum Member

A very detailed account of cleaning a Teddybabe. Is Ruth a standard or delux? It would be good to see some photos now that she is looking good.
Old 29-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Diamond Member

im very much in the 'not' corner on powder, for the reasons Wulfie states.

Also, be careful on the amount of woolite used. If you feel any left on the plush after rinsing, more rinsing is needed otherwise the plush will slowly become tacky with the dried up soap. this is what had happened to Tina and was a very serious case of Woolitis. Happily she is now cured.

Personally I use micro fibre cloths to wash and rinse as they dont retain water. This means the cloths are only slightly damp when applied to the plush. I also generally keep my girls dressed top to toe in bed which helps keep them clean, so lighter washing is required.

Looking forward to some pics

Karrot

The Patchlings
The amount of fanny I'm getting is mental!
Old 30-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Platinum Member

Default Total Wash there.

The problem is getting them dry so I never ever soak Kat and she'd have kittens if I strung her up. She's due an all-over soon - I just damp her with a cloth or sponge in diluted Woolite and then dry her off with a hair drier - even that can take ages.
When completely dry I use a soft clothes brush on her plush.
I do use talc - a little rubbed well in but not when she's going to be wearing anything dark though, as she tends to hang about in her lingerie a lot, she likes a little talc and a massage. (Johnson's "Babe" powder.) She also has her own body sprays and perfumes and "Dimples" fiber oil wig conditioner, recommended by Dr Karrot, has made a real difference to her hair.

Lovely to hear about Ruth, Halfstep - look forward to pics soon.
Old 30-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.

Little and often would be a more sensible cleaning strategy, but I am lazy and neglectful and a generally Bad Teddy Babe Companion so Ruth has to wait until I am overwhelmed by guilt and remorse. Consequently, my regime tends to default to infrequent but epic. Also, as Kats observed, drying is a bit of a hassle.
Old 30-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Diamond Member

You could always wrap her in cling film. Whilst this would totally negate the need for cleaning, it may well earn you a plushy knee in the 'narna'!

Karrot

The Patchlings
Old 30-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Errr.... that's a different sort of thing altogether. Something you want to tell us Karrot?

CT

Old 30-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Diamond Member

er....jess has a dark side? ok no, maybe not.......

Karrot
(oh no, she's crossing her arms and tapping her foot.......)

The Patchlings

Tags
cleaning, pampering, teddy babe