PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

ClosetDollFan
03-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been lurking for a while and wanted to get involved, so to speak!

Whilst I'm not in a situation to ever have a doll of my own (living with my partner of almost a decade, don't think she'd take to kindly to it), It is a fantasy of mine and I enjoy looking at everyone's posts and browsing the girls on various vendor sites. I know it sounds a bit wanky but the main thing I enjoy about looking at dolls is their beauty and craftsmanship; some of them are stunning and we've come a long way from the cheap blow-ups you'd get on a stag do! Their other, er, "functionality" is nice to look at too, though ;)

Anyway I shan't outstay my welcome and thought I'd say hello. Thanks for having me!

algaeholics
03-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Morning CDF, :welcome in from the dark side.

Illumination exists here... :tu

Matt gloss
03-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Hello and :welcome
:D

ecobod
03-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Hi, ClosetDollFan! I was a doll fan for years when I was in a long term relationship. Like you, I enjoyed their beauty and craftsmanship and used to fantasize about having my own. Then one day, my situation changed. A few years later my first doll moved in with me: an air gal. Then my first full size solid doll. When she went another one moved in. Now, I live with Vicky who is a WM166C.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.
eco

Seth
03-12-2019, 09:52 AM
welcome to the UKLDF

Totally agree that dolls are artworks and examples of fine sculpting. Like the marble statues of ancient Greece they are there to be admired and if it makes you feel a bit wanky, then that is a bonus in my book.

Enjoy your time here on the forum.

Seth

set track
03-12-2019, 10:50 AM
:welcome to the land of fantasy :D

get your other half a intro into doll's , its christmas so get her a little pressy of a Barbie well some thing a bit bigger more mature , and see how it goes , after all it will fill a space on the shelf in the closet :D

dollman2
03-12-2019, 11:20 AM
:welcome closetDollfan :tu

Tommo10
03-12-2019, 02:41 PM
:welcome

Hi CDF

Welcome to UK Love Doll Forum

Glad you have joined us here,

We have a lot of fun and laughs and there is some beautiful dolls that like showing off quite frequently. :cool:

Enjoy your time here
Tommo :tu

shamus
03-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been lurking for a while and wanted to get involved, so to speak!

Whilst I'm not in a situation to ever have a doll of my own (living with my partner of almost a decade, don't think she'd take to kindly to it), It is a fantasy of mine and I enjoy looking at everyone's posts and browsing the girls on various vendor sites. I know it sounds a bit wanky but the main thing I enjoy about looking at dolls is their beauty and craftsmanship; some of them are stunning and we've come a long way from the cheap blow-ups you'd get on a stag do! Their other, er, "functionality" is nice to look at too, though ;)

Anyway I shan't outstay my welcome and thought I'd say hello. Thanks for having me!

Nope, can't see you outstaying your welcome at all. In some ways it's immaterial whether you havve a doll, it's whether you have the right attitude.

There are some who have dolls who don't get it, and some who don't who do. From your into I'm putting you in the latter category until proven otherwise. :tu

You are also completely correct. The craftmanship that goes into these girls is truly outstanding. Some of them really come to life in the right home.

Very much look forwards to chattting and you disappear down the rabbit hole :tu

All the best,

Shamus.

PDutus
03-12-2019, 05:46 PM
:welcome CDF -nice to have you here!

As Shamus said, it's very much about having the right attitude, even if you don't actually own a doll :)

Amydoll
03-12-2019, 08:16 PM
:welcome CDF, I like your avatar.

shamus
03-12-2019, 08:21 PM

Amydoll... Amydoll... Fliss is on your computer again.

Dongo
03-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Hello CDF and a big :welcome to the Forum.:tu

ClosetDollFan
04-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Nope, can't see you outstaying your welcome at all. In some ways it's immaterial whether you havve a doll, it's whether you have the right attitude.

Cheers, Shamus. I'd like to think I have the right attitude! Everyone here seems lovely so I shall definitely stick around as long as you'll have me :)

Thanks Amy, I adore the Smart Dolls and would love to own one. Their craftsmanship is fantastic and Mirai is so cute!

:welcome to the land of fantasy :D

get your other half a intro into doll's , its christmas so get her a little pressy of a Barbie well some thing a bit bigger more mature , and see how it goes , after all it will fill a space on the shelf in the closet :D

Lol I could do but it would disappear into my office before Boxing Day I think...

Hi, ClosetDollFan! I was a doll fan for years when I was in a long term relationship. Like you, I enjoyed their beauty and craftsmanship and used to fantasize about having my own. Then one day, my situation changed. A few years later my first doll moved in with me: an air gal. Then my first full size solid doll. When she went another one moved in. Now, I live with Vicky who is a WM166C.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.
eco

Much appreciated, Eco. As I mentioned on your photo thread, Vicky is a beauty!

Thanks to you all for a warm welcome, I look forward to chatting with you more :D

svevo
04-12-2019, 08:55 AM
... but the main thing I enjoy about looking at dolls is their beauty and craftsmanship; some of them are stunning and we've come a long way from the cheap blow-ups you'd get on a stag do! Their other, er, "functionality" is nice to look at too, though ;)

:welcome CDF (and that could become a more widespread TLA :))
Regarding the above - you have a lot in common with folks here :tu