PDA

View Full Version : Warning re: Eyebrow gel pomade

Esjayell
14-04-2020, 03:03 PM
L'Oreal Eyebrow Gel Pomade: A Cautionary Tale

A while ago I noticed that Elina was losing her eyebrows, a trip to Boots was called for. In my mind I was thinking along the lines of an eyebrow pencil. However the helpful sales girl showed me a L'Oreal (Paris) eyebrow gel pomade and demonstrated how fantastic it looked on her hand. I was impressed, it was applied in short strokes with the supplied brush, which gave the appearance of tiny hairs, I was sold.

Applying it was simple, and looked very good except you had to be careful as this was quite powdery and stuck to anything it came into contact with, cheeks particularly and was quite hard to remove without getting either a brown line or worse a smudge.

Time passed and it continued to look good, I was pleased with this product and thought it represented good value despite it's rather high cost.

Recently I noticed something I hadn't seen before, around the brows was a feint reddish line. Closer inspection revealed that the powder was being absorbed into the tpe and was growing outwards. Is it the oil that's doing this? She had her first oiling a few months ago when she was six months old, and this was applied soon after.

I must emphasize that I am not blaming the L'Oreal product in any way, it's probably fantastic for humans, just not for tpe versions.
I will try extensive washing to see if that improves matters, if not I will try the German version of the tpe cleaner and give a review of it.

Pic showing the problem:

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=3342&pictureid=76915

Regards stay safe and virus free,

S

shamus
14-04-2020, 03:22 PM
L'Oreal Eyebrow Gel Pomade: A Cautionary Tale

A while ago I noticed that Elina was losing her eyebrows, a trip to Boots was called for. In my mind I was thinking along the lines of an eyebrow pencil. However the helpful sales girl showed me a L'Oreal (Paris) eyebrow gel pomade and demonstrated how fantastic it looked on her hand. I was impressed, it was applied in short strokes with the supplied brush, which gave the appearance of tiny hairs, I was sold.

Applying it was simple, and looked very good except you had to be careful as this was quite powdery and stuck to anything it came into contact with, cheeks particularly and was quite hard to remove without getting either a brown line or worse a smudge.

Time passed and it continued to look good, I was pleased with this product and thought it represented good value despite it's rather high cost.

Recently I noticed something I hadn't seen before, around the brows was a feint reddish line. Closer inspection revealed that the powder was being absorbed into the tpe and was growing outwards. Is it the oil that's doing this? She had her first oiling a few months ago when she was six months old, and this was applied soon after.

I must emphasize that I am not blaming the L'Oreal product in any way, it's probably fantastic for humans, just not for tpe versions.
I will try extensive washing to see if that improves matters, if not I will try the German version of the tpe cleaner and give a review of it.

Pic showing the problem:

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=3342&pictureid=76915

Regards stay safe and virus free,

S

Hi, the picture isn't great but I may know what you mean from your description.

let me just confirm. The makeup that you put on in one place has started to go walkies.

If thats right then its the TPE drinking the makeup. Happens sometimes with lipstick although generally only only noticable when you remove the lipstick and realise that the lips retain a certain amount of the colour.

After much experimenting of kissing the girls I have found that eventually the colour comes out completely :whistle:

First stop would be to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the eyebrows to see if that pulls out all of the wayward colour. We know that stain remover will but I am adverse to using that on girls faces after seeing what it did to poor Sams SM girl. (ears on the otherhand cost me a fortune as I REALLY!!! like girls with black hair).

If you have to use stain remover test it on a small spot at the back of the head first where it will be hidden by a wig.

When you reapply just go for the good old pencil and or eye shadow.

HTH,

Shamus.

Esjayell
19-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Hi Shamus
Sorry for delay been very busy doing not very much and still have more to do!
You hit the nail right on the head, that seems to be exactly the problem. Have now got some Spanish Extra Virgin Oil, what is the method, please?

Regards

SJL

shamus
19-04-2020, 12:24 PM
Hi Esjayell,

use a white micro fibre cloth, pour a little of the EVOL onto the cloth then apply the same as you would with regular baby oil.

You may be surprised at how much dirt/dust is pulled out so be prepared with a second dry white cloth to clean away excess.

No elbow grease is involved with this. Its just a gentle job of lightly rubbing the area to be cleaned then dry it, powder her and you are ready to apply the new makeup.

HTH,

Shamus.

p.s. I know exactly what you mean. I just don't know how I found time for work. Sure that I was able to do more photo shoots with the girls when I was working.

ELINA
27-05-2020, 05:38 PM
A while ago Esjay posted this picture of me laying in bed exposing only my eyes and asked for help regarding my ‘bleeding’ eyebrows.

Shamus I’m going to give you a huge thank you, a big hug and maybe a kiss or three because the information and advice you gave him allowed him to get my delicate complexion in tip top condition (well, almost). After a day or two shopping on ebay he managed to get all of what he thought I needed. Then we just sat back (or in my case laid) and waited and waited and waited. Covid 19 really screwed this shopping idea up as it was all coming from China. Eventually a plop on the mat indicated something heavy-ish had arrived. I was in luck it was my make-up! Following yet another good wash and powdering he was ready to apply my eye make-up, as a dutiful patient I laid quite still whilst he got on with it, my fingers were crossed and I hoped for the best, I mean it couldn’t be much worse than no make-up...could it?

After what seemed like a relatively short time a mirror was offered to me, with trepidation I raised the mirror...I glanced at my reflection...This is what I saw... NO! hold on lets make this interesting,
One of these two pics was taken during my first month of residency here, the other was taken after he had finished me and it had dried. So which is which? (answer below).

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=3342&pictureid=77310

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=3342&pictureid=77647

In the original one my upper eye lashes are straight, in the new one I have long wispies, were you right?

Here’s what he used on me:

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=3342&pictureid=77648

L-R: Popfeel 120 colours Eye Shadow/Make-Up Long Wispies False Eyelashes Waterproof Eyelash adhesive (worlds largest seller) clear white Fashion Queen Professional Handmade False Eyelashes (lower) pack of 1 Eyebrow Template Pack of 8 (all different) Eyebrow Templates

Kind regards to all

Elina

Stay In Stay Safe Be Happy

ecobod
27-05-2020, 08:31 PM
Great job. Eyelashes and eyebrows are not the easiest thing to do.
eco

ELINA
28-05-2020, 06:18 AM
Thanks Ecobod,

SJ removed my eyes then wrapped them in clingfilm to protect them from glue, replaced them before sticking my eyelashes in place. All went well until he had to remove my eyes to get the cling film off and then replace them again. There ar a couple of unstuck places that I'm sure will be rectified on Sunday, my pampering day!

Regards
Elina

Stay In Stay Safe Be Happy

algaeholics
28-05-2020, 10:29 AM
There ar a couple of unstuck places that I'm sure will be rectified on...

Inevitable if you use 'Waterproof Eyelash adhesive'.

It's DESIGNED to come off easily...

Use superglue.