PDA

View Full Version : New wig review

Adam&Emma
06-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Just recieved a new wig for emma from amazon. Im not one for spending a lot on wigs as they dont last too long. The one she came with is near the end of its life as it loses so much hair each time i brush it.
Her new one is by a company called Bestung and only cost 17.99 but i have to say im impressed. The colour is really nice and the hair is so soft. I really think it suits her face. The only downside is the cap is black so ive had to use a wig cap to prevent stains.

This is the link if you want one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BESTUNG-Straight-Shoulder-Natural-Looking/dp/B071GY78YC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Bestung+bob+wig&qid=1599406879&sr=8-3

After Dark
06-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Nice looking wig. My credit card does not thank you sir :24

algaeholics
06-09-2020, 05:13 PM
Oooh, yes, that's a winner! :tu

shybob
06-09-2020, 05:49 PM
Very nice

Does anyone know how to keep that curled under shape at the bottom and stop it all curving out/all over the place?
Thanks
Shybob

Tommo10
06-09-2020, 05:50 PM
Very nice wig :tu

algaeholics
06-09-2020, 06:00 PM
Does anyone know how to...I think Karrot's your man for wig taming.

I've never tried.... but I believe steam is to be used...?

shybob
06-09-2020, 06:06 PM
I thought all Karrots wigs were tamed by simply putting them on Xiaoli where they immediately looked amazing.

Karrot
06-09-2020, 07:07 PM
Oh yes! Brown Eyed Copper Top. Lurvley! :b

I thought all Karrots wigs were tamed by simply putting them on Xiaoli where they immediately looked amazing.

HA! You mean putting them on Xiaoli Immediately makes her demand I spend hours making her look amazing!?!?!

Right, now I've never tired to do a curl under like that, My girls all have longer hair, but its a gentle curl, so steam or heat from a want probably aren't going to cut it.

I'd suggest a round brush and a hair drier. churl it under gently on the brush, apply heat with the drier, and then allow to cool a little on the brush before pulling through.

The biggest issue with wig styling is you need to apply heat, then allow it to cool in place.

K

shybob
06-09-2020, 09:01 PM
Apologies for being dumb but heating and styling synthetic wigs is the same/similar to real hair?

Karrot
07-09-2020, 07:59 AM
Apologies for being dumb but heating and styling synthetic wigs is the same/similar to real hair?

Probably a thread all of its own to be fair SB, and to be fair to Adam & Emma, I'm going to start one so the discussions doesnt go way off topic...

K

shybob
07-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Agreed

It’s encouraging how close the the advert Emma’s wig turned out to be.
Is she enjoying her red head mojo? Has she become more fiery?

Thanks for sharing

Adam&Emma
07-09-2020, 11:15 AM
Agreed

It’s encouraging how close the the advert Emma’s wig turned out to be.
Is she enjoying her red head mojo? Has she become more fiery?

Thanks for sharing

She loves it... As do i.. Think I'm gonna have a fight on my hands getting her to wear any of the others for a while lol

howdeedoodee
24-11-2020, 06:49 PM
Same here, Amazon...about the same money...really soft....looks better in the flesh.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XCN1C62/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_SnwVFbD9W4321?_encoding=UT F8&psc=1

Adam&Emma
25-11-2020, 05:01 AM
Thats nice. Look forward to seeing that on her.. Be careful with long wigs. They tangle easy and shed a lot of hair when you brush the knots out. Depends on your plans for bedtime arrangements. I know a few guys use short wigs for at night. Sometimes i put a wooly beanie hat on emma. Makes the wigs last longer

Karrot
25-11-2020, 07:05 AM
To help protect longer wigs in bed, just put her in a ponytail.

Nothing fancy, just gather the hair at her neck and loop a bobble in (avoid bobbles with metal joins)

Xiaoli and Jess are in bed every night with me, both in ponytails. Jess's wig must be 18 months old if not more, Xiaoli's is still the original one from when she changed styles earlier in the year (8 months ago)

There has been very little wig care done to them in that time.

K