PDA

View Full Version : Hair detangle spray

GazzaGreen
06-06-2022, 10:10 PM
So in your own experience what is the best hair de-tangle spray for dolls hair. Preferably easy to get off amazon or ebay. Place state best for human or artificial hair, implanted or wigs...

Slayers
07-06-2022, 05:08 AM
Best I have found is some SNUGGLE fabric softener mixed with water in a spray bottle . Spray on then gently brush out and style then let dry. Leaves their hair nice and soft and it cheap and easy to find. Plus I use the Lavender scent and they smell nice for weeks.

GazzaGreen
07-06-2022, 05:43 AM
Best I have found is some SNUGGLE fabric softener mixed with water in a spray bottle . Spray on then gently brush out and style then let dry. Leaves their hair nice and soft and it cheap and easy to find. Plus I use the Lavender scent and they smell nice for weeks.That is a great tip. Thank you :)

Karrot
07-06-2022, 06:47 AM
What Slayers said, anything else is paying more for less.

Unless its a human hair with, then follow instruction for manuf. I guess.

K

GazzaGreen
07-06-2022, 06:52 AM
What Slayers said, anything else is paying more for less.

Unless its a human hair with, then follow instruction for manuf. I guess.

KYes I have both artificial hair and human hair wigs. I guess don't use this method for human hair wig then?

Karrot
07-06-2022, 07:47 AM
Yes I have both artificial hair and human hair wigs. I guess don't use this method for human hair wig then?

To be honest I wouldnt know, but it seems logical that fabric conditioner would not be best suited to human hair. there is likely a raft of Human Hair Wig product and care advice out there, but I've never looked it us, as I've not needed to look after human hair in quite some time :whistle:

K

Avonman1
07-06-2022, 03:26 PM
Hi, I use Avon detangling spray as I sell it as well. I have customers asking as very good on kids hair. It did a good job on those I sprayed on. When I wash wigs I use conditioner before air drying.

GazzaGreen
07-06-2022, 04:08 PM
Hi, I use Avon detangling spray as I sell it as well. I have customers asking as very good on kids hair. It did a good job on those I sprayed on. When I wash wigs I use conditioner before air drying.
You mean this? Kids version or the other? I'll save to list :)

You use conditioner on human hair wigs? May I ask which conditioner do you use? Been a while since I used conditioner on my hair.... many many years :)

A lot to learn about wigs. I haven't been too successful with Kims wigs.

Willus
07-06-2022, 04:36 PM
I use this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revlon-UniqONE-Professional-Hair-Treatment/dp/B00M9B66BU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2KEL4U9UB9F14&keywords=revlon%2Bspray%2Bconditioner&qid=1654619722&s=beauty&sprefix=revlon%2Bspray%2Bconditioner%2Cbeauty%2C68&sr=1-3&th=1) on my girls' wigs. They are all good wigs, but none are human hair - the spray conditioner makes them soft, makes them smell really nice, makes them brush really easily.

GazzaGreen
08-06-2022, 03:47 PM
I use this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revlon-UniqONE-Professional-Hair-Treatment/dp/B00M9B66BU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2KEL4U9UB9F14&keywords=revlon%2Bspray%2Bconditioner&qid=1654619722&s=beauty&sprefix=revlon%2Bspray%2Bconditioner%2Cbeauty%2C68&sr=1-3&th=1) on my girls' wigs. They are all good wigs, but none are human hair - the spray conditioner makes them soft, makes them smell really nice, makes them brush really easily.Thanks for that, it is made for human hair so can't see why it wouldn't work on a real hair wig???? I've listed it for now....

Gavla82
08-06-2022, 03:52 PM
It wouldn't say for "human hair", as 90% of hair products are made for hair....

It would say "wig" or "synthetic wigs" or similar if it was for wigs.

But then I use regular hair products, shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo, frizz serum, etc on synthetic hair...

Avonman1
08-06-2022, 04:04 PM
Hi, yes I use the kids version so other one should be ok as well and most detangling spray should work. I use ordinary hair conditioner or hair mask ( usually round tub ) should do. If you see how some of these girls get their long hair tangled up instead of putting in ponytails. I have sprayed when still on head and comb goes straight through it usually if left for minute or two.

GazzaGreen
09-06-2022, 04:46 AM
Hi, yes I use the kids version so other one should be ok as well and most detangling spray should work. I use ordinary hair conditioner or hair mask ( usually round tub ) should do. If you see how some of these girls get their long hair tangled up instead of putting in ponytails. I have sprayed when still on head and comb goes straight through it usually if left for minute or two.OK thanks, its on list for next shopping spree.

Tighes1
09-06-2022, 07:01 AM
I use Johnson’s honey and wheat germ baby shampoo and then the trusty Cuddly fabric softener. Regular brushing with a wide open brush and that will leave their hair beautiful, soft and tangle free.

GazzaGreen
09-06-2022, 08:25 AM
I use Johnson’s honey and wheat germ baby shampoo and then the trusty Cuddly fabric softener. Regular brushing with a wide open brush and that will leave their hair beautiful, soft and tangle free.Sounds loverly. Another for the list, not sure how I'm going to pick one to try, maybe all three option lol!