PDA

View Full Version : New member, so to speak

RodViews
15-12-2022, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself.

Previously I've tried building a sex doll (with interesting results) and even considered creating an entire silicone body from a life cast, although that may be a bit too ambitious! I've even made a life size wooden skeleton and tried to build in some basic robotics! My interests include sci-fi and fantasy so I tend to see sex dolls like the androids from movies like Blade Runner or Westworld, hence the desire to see them move, even if it's only the turn of their head or a movement of their eyes.

I'm currently looking for advice on buying my first ready made doll, although things aren't going too well at the moment in that regard. Also, I'll be looking for doll parts in the For Sale section for my robotics projects of course :tu

Please call me Rod as that's the short version on my middle name.

psion satori
15-12-2022, 08:32 PM
First doll...

Kimber. Nuff said!

psion

After Dark
15-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Hi Rod,

You'll find many sci-fi nuts in here. Welcome aboard.

Karrot
15-12-2022, 08:39 PM
Welcome Rod.

As Psion says.... Kimber. you cant go wrong

K

Tommo10
15-12-2022, 08:55 PM
Welcome to uklovedollforums :tu

A Kimber for your first doll, what about your second and third?:D

We need to know how many you are planning on getting....
If you say just the one, we won't believe you, that never happens here.

Do enjoy your time here.:tu

Tommo

the living tribunal
15-12-2022, 09:02 PM
Hello Rod :welcome

Kimber ... Kimber ... Kimber ..... yup! (And sci-fi / fantasy)

https://i.imgur.com/Njtxr3G.png (https://i.imgur.com/1siIY3E.jpg) https://i.imgur.com/roWHLcg.png (https://i.imgur.com/bGmVqov.jpg)

RodViews
15-12-2022, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys, nice to meet you all :)

I wasn't aware of the Kimber doll so I'll check her out, she looks pretty good.

I was planning to start with a torso but I may have to rethink :D

HHDel
16-12-2022, 01:37 AM
:welcome
:welcome
:welcome RodViews , nice to have you here on UKL Doll Forum. If you got the Time , dont forget to Visite my Site " Harleyhahns Greatest Girls "...see and Enjoy :drool:drool:drool

Lulu1971
16-12-2022, 04:24 AM
Hi Rod, :welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for your first doll. And as Tommo said, and the second, and the third....

We've all said "I'm only getting one" at some point :D

ClosetDollFan
16-12-2022, 07:11 AM
I got a Kimber for my first doll, then a torso about a month later. They’re both great for different reasons! Welcome to the forum :)

Adam&Emma
16-12-2022, 07:20 AM
Hi Rod,

You'll find many sci-fi nuts in here. Welcome aboard.

Mostly just nuts..

:welcome rod. Look forward to seeing some of your projects

Willendorph
16-12-2022, 02:57 PM
Sci-fi? Fantasy?.... I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about....

https://i.ibb.co/WcRLDKW/Photo-1646325780429.jpg (https://ibb.co/mHP3vzC)

Welcome to the forum!

shamus
16-12-2022, 03:29 PM
Please call me Rod as that's the short version on my middle name.

My money's on Roddenberry :D

Welcome to the forum Rod. Absolutely no shortage of fantasy characters on the site.... Although... Are they fantasy characters if you actually live with the pointy eared lil buggers?

So, what girls have taken your fancy so far?

Are you thinking more Space cadet or one of the Fae? The former requires only the right clothes the latter it's in their genes.

There are now a lot of Elves in the market. Some of them super model level gorgeous. Used to be a time when I looked at what was available and thought that I could work towards one of each. Thats now gone by the wayside as even WM alone I'm finding it difficult to keep up.

There are girls in blue, green, red, black (and I mean raven black). There are three titted aliens and mermaids, Elves, Pixies, Asari. If you know where to look pretty much everything that you can imgine already exists. You just tell us what your looking for and we'll tell you where to look :tu

All the best,

Shamus.

Ava Love
16-12-2022, 06:01 PM
Surprised you never mentioned Goblins Shamus.

https://www.dollsfrance.com/mini-dolls/2211-regina-la-sexdoll-gobelin-a-gros-seins-et-grosses-fesses-118cm-yldoll.html#/epaules-oui_incompatible_corps_chauffant

Oh, and welcome Rod.

RodViews
17-12-2022, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and recommendations everyone :)

It's a bit more of a gamble but I think I might set my sights on buying just one doll and a selection of different heads. I've heard people can get carried away and end up with lots of dolls and not enough space for them :D

Adam&Emma
17-12-2022, 08:46 PM

It's a bit more of a gamble but I think I might set my sights on buying just one doll and a selection of different heads. I've heard people can get carried away and end up with lots of dolls and not enough space for them :D

:24:24... Yea i tried that. Im now on number 5. Been to town today and spent nearly 200 quid on clothes for them. Welcome to the rabbit hole

psion satori
17-12-2022, 08:46 PM
....... I might set my sights on buying just one doll.....

Good luck with that one mate! :21

Psion

Liz_xxx
17-12-2022, 08:59 PM
Welcome Rodders

Frank Zappa - Goblin Girl

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2NwPJo4ysXI

Amydoll
17-12-2022, 10:50 PM
:welcome rod

shamus
17-12-2022, 10:56 PM

Right, this is how it goes.

Lets say you just bought two heads that you took a liking to.

She arrives. First head goes on... Wow, jaw hits flaw and tongue rolls across the floor.

Thinks. We are going to love each other for ever and we're going to be happy together and have lil TPE ankle biters together.... But then you look back at the box and the other head bags if just sitting there in her furry Jinsan packaging.... Mmm, thinks you. Would it hurt just to take a look what she look's like on a body.

https://media.giphy.com/media/256SJhHfYVJF6/giphy.gif

Before you know it you've ordered a second body as she "needs" one of her own. But you work out that the body is much more cost effective if you buy that with two more heads... Which of course you will sell on when they arrive... And then... Can you see how this goes!

See you at the JHA meeting (Jinsan heads anonymous).

Shamus

Seth
17-12-2022, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck finding your first doll.

Better luck with the heads, I have 6 dolls, 2 of those have 1 head, 2 have 2 heads and 2 have 3 heads.

algaeholics
18-12-2022, 08:58 AM
Welcome Rod, good luck finding your seventh doll... :whistle:

Tighes1
18-12-2022, 10:28 AM
Good luck with that one mate! :21

Psion

Yep….that certainly won’t happen.

I think I said that once…..🤣🤣

jock001
18-12-2022, 07:31 PM
...... cost effective if you buy that with two more heads...
Some vendors give FREE HEADS. :) I helped.

shamus
18-12-2022, 07:35 PM
some vendors give free heads. :) i helped.

:21:24:21:21:24

Joe Bin
19-12-2022, 03:04 AM
:welcome to the forum Rod

sexysexydoll
19-12-2022, 07:48 PM
Hi Rod, welcome. I am also new here. Let's find ourselves a nice dolls.

RodViews
05-02-2023, 09:13 PM
Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around lately, been down with severe depression for the past month or so. Anyway, I have some good news, finally bought my first full size doll which was delivered yesterday :tu

So you overwhelmingly recommended the Kimber doll and I completely ignored your advice :D

That's not entirely true though, because it was actually Shamus posting in Charlie's new doll advice thread which directed my attention to the SM 155D and even though Soulmate Sienna was out of stock at Lucidtoys, SoulMate Josie (which I assume has the same 24kg body) was in stock so I bought that instead :)

https://www.lucidtoys.com/products/soulmate-josie-realistic-sex-doll-155cm-wh_158509

It was around the same price as Kimber (£630 inc shipping) but SoulMate Josie is just more my type, if that makes sense. So I ordered it on Friday just before 2pm and it arrived on Saturday at around 1pm, even though I didn't select Saturday delivery so credit to Lucidtoys for the super fast delivery.

The doll itself is stunning, perfect in every way as far as I'm concerned. Shamus was recommending it because of the weight and at 26kg inculding the head I think this is the heaviest I could manage anyway, even Kimber at 29kg may have been a struggle :eek:

So I'm extremely happy with her, couldn't imagine making a better purchase. Her butt is a bit skinny so I'm guessing that was a consideration in keeping the weight down. Other that that very curvy and awesome. No major defects except that 3 out of 4 bolts that attach her head plate are missing so her head will be falling off soon if I don't find some 4mm bolts. I spent 2 hours yesterday just putting her in different poses and completely forgot what her primary function was supposed to be :)

Rod

poppy70
05-02-2023, 09:42 PM
Congratulations on your girl. You already discovered they are way more than what they are advertised for. Have fun and enjoy.
Sorry to hear about depression, been there got out of it and my girls are great listeners and help me to fall back to bad habits. Wish you all the best.

Jo

Ich Will
05-02-2023, 09:50 PM
Their primary function is making you happy and it seems she has achieved that.

Just sitting with her, cuddling, watching tv, talking about your day etc, can be a big help in lifting your mood

Mine are all hugged daily but are still virgins and that won't be changing anytime

Lulu1971
06-02-2023, 04:59 AM
Congratulations on your new girl, it sounds as if she is settling in well :tu

algaeholics
06-02-2023, 07:57 AM
Happy honeymoon Rod, hopefully the deep depression is a thing of the past. 💕