PDA

View Full Version : New doll owner here

grebble
16-01-2023, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

I've been lurking around on here for months, as I've been considering a doll for a while. I lost my wife to cancer last year, which is a lot to get my head around. I've been thinking about a lot of things, and I certainly don't want to be dating again for the foreseeable future, but I needed something that I could bring out when I wanted to, without any of the associated hassle with seeing a real person!

Last week I took the plunge and ordered a Sugarbabe doll from Lucidtoys. She was delivered promptly, and although her wig colour and eye colour didn't match the pictures (a common thing with Lucidtoys I hear), I'm delighted so far. I prefer brown eyes to blue anyway. I've attached a picture (face enhanced).

So I'm now going through all the things that all new doll owners find out! I had a lot of things to consider, like where I could put her where my two daughters (aged 9 and 13) wouldn't find her. I was under no illusion as to how heavy she would be (32kg) but even so, wow, she is heavy! I'm not a big guy - I can handle the weight as I'm used to lugging disco stuff around, but I've pulled a few muscles here and there. I'm working out how the skeleton works (the joints are very stiff!) and thanks to click and collect, bought a few clothes. The thing I've had the most problem with is the wig, as it seems to get tangled at the slightest thing, even after I've combed it to within an inch of its life.

I opted for a doll with a standing option so I can store her upright, and she has gel breasts and an upgraded uterus. She's certainly going to be a lot of fun, and I'll hope to be chatting a bit more around here.

LeicesterChris
16-01-2023, 04:37 PM
Congratulations mate, she is beautiful! Looking forward to more pictures!

Karrot
16-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the family mate! She's certainly a cutey :D

https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65063&d=1673889590

A couple of things that may help.

First with Gel boobs that big she's going to need support if she's spending a decent amount of time upright.

These will get you going (you want Small) (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174887762087?hash=item28b81f78a7:g:QAYAAOSw7fBhFWb l&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4KR4dHTORvZgRjhssMOt0gDZy8TcX aA2dcMYJfjey6cgBzBNbmhC43qpP4ugNYYu4URi%2Bn%2B0fgb dckapZzmGFbqBu8T7rwlkO9ntYQ0qi0X%2B%2FFbSDiWb5y2hm 5P7ILTfKyKwSN7Sf3%2FrOVdUlrwqa5R0BGtb3RtrMzk%2F539 ocBGf2RovMDZ5FwZLNM4SQvnM%2Fh4eKdiare4qDLbuufRy%2B Zyog67PhZzcxFlasMqcefclyudt%2Fejy1eQ7CeWgvhhxfC6uj xeo0qSJMKUw8FWy0k218stJAVhQXv2Bs23MR12q%7Ctkp%3ABk 9SR7bt8Lq3YQ), but a decently fitting bra is must. That however is a bit more trial and error, but we can help if you can give a few measurements (underbust and overbust)

Hair is always an issue, especially at night if you sleep with her. You can get a lot of the problems solve by simply putting her hair in a ponytail at her neck. You can also put a towel or soft sheet under her shoulders and up over the pillow. Then when you put an arm under her neck to cuddle, you go under that towel and dont rub up against her hair :)

enjoy the learning, its all part of the bonding.

K

grebble
16-01-2023, 05:31 PM
First with Gel boobs that big she's going to need support if she's spending a decent amount of time upright.

Thanks Karrot. I was wondering about her boobs actually, as I'm storing her upright. When she came out of the box they were as hard as a rock, and I was wondering, are these actually gel? Will she need support? But they are actually softening up a little after a bit of 'use' :D and they have a nice jiggle about them now. So thanks for the bra advice, I have some bralettes coming but she will need more support while she's in storage, certainly. Thanks for the pointers on her hair too. I have a shorter wig on the way, which I will try on her.

Karrot
16-01-2023, 05:50 PM
Shorter wigs are the absolute best way to avoid the tangle nightmare.

As for boobs.... well, lets just say I have some experience with large gel filled jumblies :whistle::whistle:

K

Ava Love
16-01-2023, 07:43 PM
:welcome

Has she told you her name yet?

the living tribunal
16-01-2023, 07:53 PM
Welcome :welcome I hope she evolves into what you need from a doll :)

(And yes, get her a name :D)

Avonman1
16-01-2023, 07:56 PM
:welcome, Ava is right she may want to name herself as a girlie from Ava's came to me so I said Debbie to be a nice name but Louise told me that she wants to be called Vanda so there you are. I have 2 others who named themselves!
She is a boobieful beauty like most of mine, for some reason most are DD up to M size!

grebble
16-01-2023, 08:36 PM
:welcome

Has she told you her name yet?

Thanks! She came from Lucidtoys as Cathy, but I don't think that suits her. I'll wait until her new wig arrives tomorrow - shorter, and brown rather than black, and see what she looks like with her new look. A name may well then spring to mind :)

Tommo10
16-01-2023, 09:04 PM
She looks gorgeous, congrats and welcome.:tu

Joe Bin
17-01-2023, 12:29 AM
:welcome and congratulations on your new doll :drink:drink:drink
she is vary pretty, and has a lovely smile :tu:tu:tu

HHDel
17-01-2023, 01:38 AM
:welcome:welcome:welcome grebble ...nicte to have you here, but dont forget to see my Site " Harleyhahns Greatest Girls " here on UK Lovedoll Forum:drool

Lulu1971
17-01-2023, 04:27 AM
Congratulations on your new girl and joining us. She looks lovely, and I'm looking forward to learning her name when you decide on one, and seeing more photos :tu

ClosetDollFan
17-01-2023, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the forum, I am sorry to hear about your wife :( Congratulations on your new girl, she looks lovely! May I ask how tall she is? If you have any questions we’re all here to help.

grebble
17-01-2023, 08:38 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to post some more photos, and a name, once her new wig arrives, which is expected later today.

May I ask how tall she is?

She's 165cm, she has fairly long legs.

shamus
17-01-2023, 09:25 AM
Welcome both to the forum :tu

On the wigs front you will have a couple of issues.

1) when they are still babies they can tend to be charged with static electricity... You've seen what a vandergraph generator does :21 That disipates quite quickly and when it does the hair settles down a bit. I don't understand the physics behind it but it seems that powdering them (cornflour or talc) speeds that process.

2) Have two wigs (at least) a scrap bed wig and her best wig that she wears during the day. The JY wigs that she will have come with are not the most robust. Three of the Elves wear the long JY White as best wigs. I would never risk lieing them down in those.

The problem with the short cheap wigs is how expensive they are because you end up buying half a dozen to find a good wig that they can wear in bed. Once you find a good one though it will last for years.

This one is Holly's bed wig but it was only £6.99 when I bought it in 2018. Certainly doesn't feel like a wig thats worth £15.99. It's not a great wig, very thick rough hair. But its as good today as it was then. Plus its not so bad that you can't use it in pics

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WMRQUJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

When buying bed wigs blonde is often better as its generally safer on the lattice weave. Black wigs have black caps and even if you use nylon wig caps its very easy to turn the top of your girls ears blue.

I emphasise bed wigs there as with best wigs you take care of the positioning and styling ensuring that the ears are protected. Conversely bed wigs move around a little in the night.

I completely get where you are coming from about hiding them. With my first I hid her from my son. Just be careful how you hide her ensuring that she is not left against polished surfaces (may contain Silicone polish) or too close to a radiator.

Also, always powder her with either cornflour or Talc (I prefer cornflour) besides making TPE come alive it also helps protect her.

HTH and welcome to the forum,

Shamus.

algaeholics
17-01-2023, 09:38 AM
Just gorgeous! 😍

Wig wise, Allie wears a hooded fluffy dressing gown in bed and as her hair is tucked into that, it doesn't tangle too much.

Once a month, I brush out any tangles that have developed. :tu

grebble
17-01-2023, 11:53 AM
New wig has arrived, and it's the bizz. Getting close to my ideal girl now, I never really liked the black hair she came with. I've decided on a fairly simple name: Lisa. Suits her I think.

Onward :)

Seth
17-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Welcome to you and Lisa, she looks great with the new hairstyle.