PDA

View Full Version : New Member

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 01:09 PM
Hello to everyone, I Just joined and have recently bought a doll. Its a Kimber doll. I may be looking to replace it as is rather heavy.

algaeholics
18-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Welcome CM 👋🏼

For her size and shape, Kimber is not the heaviest around. Do you have a plan for her replacement?

Seth
18-01-2023, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I don't own a Kimber but as I understand it, they are one of the lighter dolls. I would suggest taking the time to get used to moving her, muscle memory will kick in eventually. My first doll weighed 34kg and it was a shock at first but it got easier after a couple of weeks. I carry my dolls bridal style, I'm not a big guy, I weigh in at a paltry 60kg. An office chair with wheels and the arms removed also helps getting them around the place. Everyone will say they felt the same at first about the weight, it does get easier, honest.

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 01:39 PM
Thanks Seth, I may consider selling her and perhaps trying something else. How do yo get on to the sales forum on here. I am not allowed to post on there.

Seth
18-01-2023, 01:46 PM
As far as I know, you need to be a member here for 10 days with a minimum of 10 posts before you can put a doll up for sale.

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 01:48 PM
That seems reasonable and thank you. What would be a good replacement.

Seth
18-01-2023, 02:03 PM
What would be a good replacement.

That's a loaded question. It depends what you're looking for. The doll house, cloud climax and lucid toys all have sections on the forum that would be worth checking out.

Avoid anything cheaper than a kimber and anything thats below 148cm, they are usually trouble.

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 02:07 PM
I will Seth, I will have a good browse.

shamus
18-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Hi,

welcome to the foorum.

Kimbers only 29kg which is around the same territory as the WM 157B who'se considered one of the easier girls to handle (personally I find the WM 166C at 32kg easier than the 157B) so not sure what to suggest???

There's the SM 155D at 24kg. She's about the lightest I can think of. I've got a cocuple of those and personally like them but wouldn't say that its a beginers body due to the weight distribution. The TPE is great on her but the skeleton isn't the smoothest movement available.

The Irontech 150A at 27kg seems lighters than she is (got three of those and very happy with them). Excellent skeleton movement, not a big fan of the Irontech TPE compared to SM, Jinsan, D4E and JY.

Think that the SE151 is 25kg. Very nice all rounder but expensive and you only get one head at the moment so personally I wouldn't buy one until they start throwing in an extra head again.

Maybe consider a JY148 with Gel breasts and uterus. Another coming in at around 25kg and its one that Lucid have so you can pick her up for around £900.

HTH,

Shamus.

Karrot
18-01-2023, 02:14 PM
:welcome

Kimber is bang in the ball park for weight, you wont find much lighter than her for a similar size, and most will be heavy. Certainly dont believe everything you read on the vendor sites about weight.

Shamus and Tommo are the experts her on doll weights, so run any ideas past them for an accurate reply. (EDIT: See? :D )

Super light weight options are TeddyBabes (plush cloth dolls), Ex-Lite foam dolls, SeeDree foam Dolls, and Happy Dolls (Cloth body, cloth anime or silicone realistic head).

Foamies have the issue of splitting, cloth dolls have the drawback of being unrealistic, but they each have their charms as well, depending on what you want from them.

K

shamus
18-01-2023, 02:27 PM
shamus and tommo are the experts her on doll weights, so run any ideas past them for an accurate reply. (edit: See? :d )

:21:24:21:21:24

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the information, I didn't do enough research before buying but I will be catching up. Better late than never.

Ava Love
18-01-2023, 02:40 PM
so personally I wouldn't buy one until they start throwing in an extra head again.

Indeed. Because we all know there's a shortage of heads at your place, right?

hollows+fentiman
18-01-2023, 02:40 PM
I think what is significant here is that you “recently bought a doll”!

When most of us here bought our first full sized doll we all thought what the hell have I done? I can’t manage her weight!

However, after a few weeks, you get to learn how to handle her but, most importantly, your core muscles adapt and it does get easier!

As far as I know (at least from my experience with mine) Kimber doesn’t come with a quick release head. Phil at The Doll House sells them I think. This means when you move the doll or carry her you can take the head off easily which does lighten the load a bit!

My advice would be to hang on to her for a while but also just move her around a bit each day and consider it as gym training! :whistle:

I have lighter dolls than my Kimber (Tarni) but they don’t have her ‘assets’ so it depends on what you think you need in a companion!

Cheers, Hollows.

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 02:42 PM
Blunt but accurate on this occasion.

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 02:46 PM
Thanks hollows, there are some really good people on here. My big mistake was to not join here first and chat with you guys.

shamus
18-01-2023, 03:12 PM
Indeed. Because we all know there's a shortage of heads at your place, right?

:21:24

but, in my defence SE have Elves that don't live here yet... Actually, so do Jinsan for that matter.

You ca never have enough heads... Or Elves... Or ex wives... (you can always have too many current wives :21:24).

Adam&Emma
18-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Hollows beat me to it about the weight. I considered myself fairly fit when i got my first. As i attempted to carry the box upstairs i thought i was gonna have a heart attack. Hurt my back properly the next day cos i picked her up wrong. It does take a while but you will get used to her. If she is standing then a bear hug works well or if she is sitting down then bridal fashion. I have 5 girls and my taylor who has a kimber body is one of my lightest. I can do arm curls with her lol. Dolls are great for physical health as well as mental.
Best of luck

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 03:18 PM
One of the big benefit of dolls is there is no divorce only replacement. Having had a divorce one is enough thanks.

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 03:21 PM
Thanks for your advice Adam and Emma. I will have to persevere but I still may consider changing.

firsttimedoll
18-01-2023, 03:23 PM
Welcome :) I’m still a noob took me ages to buy my doll still awaiting delivery

Have you got your kimber already?

cheshireman
18-01-2023, 03:26 PM
I have thanks first time doll. I am still not sure if it was right for me but if you dont try you dont know.

Karrot
18-01-2023, 05:39 PM
One of Kimbers best design points is that she used the same head connection as the other big manufacturers, so you can change her hers over to something else if you have a different face you'd prefer.

K

the living tribunal
18-01-2023, 07:27 PM
Welcome cheshireman :welcome

Please don't give up on your lovely new girlfriend just yet! My first doll was a Kimber and when she arrived I could not lift the box all at once and had to slide it up the stairs into the apartment. I struggled with her and had to roll her out of the box having slid it up onto the bed. It takes time and practice to learn how to lift a doll; bear hug and bridal carry are good ways, as their weight isn't evenly distributed around the body. I also started some very basic weight training, just 30 reps with 1.5kg hand weights every day before breakfast.

A year later, despite being nearly 58 and not that fit, I can move Azrael (WM174G) around by bridal carry, and she weighs more at 45kg than Kim does in the box (40kg)! When I bought a new body for Kim I just lifted the box and carried it up the stairs! I can also cuddle the 45kg doll on my lap.

We can get used to the weight; it just takes time and practice :tu

Lulu1971
18-01-2023, 07:36 PM
:welcome Cheshireman. I second the Living Tribunal. Give it a bit of time. Lifting, carrying, and posing them does take some getting used to. It's more technique than strength as they are a dead weight.

I remember the arrival of my first (advertised at 32kg and in actuality is 38kg). Adrenaline on the first day boosted me so much I had no trouble, but I struggled a bit after that, until I simply kept doing it and got used to it. I still stumble sometimes when carrying them (especially upstairs) but once they get under your skin, that's it/ There's no letting them go. Good luck :tu

Avonman1
18-01-2023, 08:13 PM
:welcome Cheshire man, as someone who has 2 Kimbers and a lot of others and about 6 over 40kg which 2 of them 45/50kg both 6ye and I am 65/ 68kg I have had to adapt to picking them up and it does get easier. There is always a torso to consider as I have 5 ranging from 16 to 28kg including a silicone, 2 weightier than a fullsize.
As the others have said take your time and try different ways as if all were Kimber weight we'd all be happy.
Indiana and Kate I bearhug from room to room, when Kate came took me an hour to take up 3 flights of stairs which 1 1/2 flights box broke so had to bearhug up, absolutely shattered after that. Let her settle in and see

Alistair
19-01-2023, 12:16 AM
Super light weight options are TeddyBabes (plush cloth dolls), Ex-Lite foam dolls, SeeDree foam Dolls, and Happy Dolls (Cloth body, cloth anime or silicone realistic head).

Foamies have the issue of splitting, cloth dolls have the drawback of being unrealistic, but they each have their charms as well, depending on what you want from them.

What would be a good replacement?

Happy Dolls' reduced realism is a visual phenomenon. Dress them up and turn the lights down!

Less maintenance than TPE and only 16 Kg.

Joe Bin
19-01-2023, 12:58 AM
:welcome to the forum Cheshireman.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting with your Kimber doll. Perhaps when you get to know each other better, her wait may become less of a bother. As others have already pointed out, there is a learning curve to learn how to move these dolls about without hurting your self or the doll.

cheshireman
19-01-2023, 07:09 AM
Thanks harleyman and to all those members who are offering me good advice. I do read them all and this is a great community and forum.