09-03-2023, 11:32 AM
hello looking to buy my first doll
can one purchase safely from usa
is it cheaper
are vat inport duties paid or are u liable wen u receive ?////../cheers

colin

shamus
09-03-2023, 11:52 AM
Yes, you would need to add import duties to the purchase. I believe 28% although I could be wrong on that. Not kept up to date with it for a while.

Why buy from the US? The girl would still actually arrive from China.

Believe it or not, UK vendors are the best option as they are also there to ensure that things are resolved if what turns up is damaged or not what you ordered or the delivery company tries to play silly buggers or border force decide that your 5 foot 32kg girl with double D cups is childlike.

Trust me, you don't want the hassel and worry. Buy from one of those that I suggested and you will sleep better.

Karrot
09-03-2023, 12:03 PM
^^ This! ^^

K

Lathen
09-03-2023, 04:58 PM
Yes, you would need to add import duties to the purchase....
Be afraid !
I bought a DVD from USA ($12) but with import duty, Vat, charge that postie wanted for collecting the Tax Man's dosh it was closer to $45. :eek:
Not such a bargain.

Choose the path of least resistance. :tu

Lulu1971
09-03-2023, 05:14 PM
Be afraid !
I bought a DVD from USA ($12) but with import duty, Vat, charge that postie wanted for collecting the Tax Man's dosh it was closer to $45. :eek:
Not such a bargain.

Choose the path of least resistance. :tu

:eek: That worked out to be an expensive movie!

Samurai
09-03-2023, 06:14 PM
A few years back i purchased a Mechadoll (Direct from the from themanufacturer) in USA .

She was around £3500 once she got to UK customs i had to pay almost £600 in taxes to the Uk goverment so that i could have this doll in my home.:mad:

So yes if its a doll shipped from the USD then you will be hit with import charges.

If she is sent from China "most" vendors include the tax in the price of the doll..

Samurai..

Newdoll-owner
16-07-2023, 11:56 PM
I ordered a Realdoll from the USA direct from Real Doll and yes, i got stung with the import duty.

It was an expensive experience, purchase from a UK seller if possible, it will save you some money.

Aly
17-07-2023, 10:19 AM
I wholeheartedly second the above ! Any USA supplier will almost certainly be drop shipping from Asia.- I have bought various tools and equipment from Asia. The price you pay to the supplier is usually quoted as "FOB" (Free On Board) which sounds good but in reality means you are responsible for all costs once the ship docks in UK. Typically as a rough guide the FOB price is about 30% of the price of a European supplier but by the time your prized item has arrived on your doorstep the actual cost is around 60% of a European alternative. Factor in all the paperwork, a potential quality or warrantee / guarantee issue and the price is fast approaching a figure where there is no advantage. all this is without the potential problems with dolls/Border Force etc!

Having learnt the above the hard way I decided never to import a doll so I have bought a few from Lucid where the value for money ratio is virtually unbeatable- OK you don't get bespoke options as such.... Aside from the usual DPD / delivery hiccup they have been fine. As I get more interested and looking at more custom options I think my next one will most likely be from the Doll House or if not will be the other two UK suppliers.

GotDolls
17-07-2023, 10:36 AM
I purchased something from the USA once - a simple electronic component, which the vendor made out was something specific that I couldn't find in the UK. When it arrived not only did it turn out to be something I could have easily sourced here but it was also about 4x more expensive.

US vendors don't appear to have the same high standards of product descriptions as we have here (I'm probably not allowed to use the L word but the facts had definitely been given a VERY vigorous massage); they also have different rules regarding dolls so if you're not EXTREMELY careful you could find yourself paying well over the odds and with a pile of extra additional charges and legal liabilities that you could well do without, and while giving up all the consumer protection you have with local transactions.

What exactly are you intending to buy from where? If your link gets removed, DM it to me.

Edit: Assuming (based on what forum we're in) it's a RealDoll, those are now available from Cloud Climax, and if the USA prices are substantially lower than theirs, that's because the USA price doesn't include import duties and VAT.

BoobGuy
17-07-2023, 04:02 PM
Aren't 'Silicone Lovers' US based?
I'm thinking of purchasing from them and have wondered if they have additional import fees? Any experience anyone?

BG

Adam&Emma
17-07-2023, 04:11 PM
Aren't 'Silicone Lovers' US based?
I'm thinking of purchasing from them and have wondered if they have additional import fees? Any experience anyone?

BG

Ive just bought 2 dolls from silicone lovers. Definitely uk based and i got a brilliant service.

rentell
17-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Ditto to Adam, found SiliconeLovers to be very good and would recommend them
Bought my doll thru them and the price you pay includes shipping and all import fees

BoobGuy
17-07-2023, 08:38 PM
Ive just bought 2 dolls from silicone lovers. Definitely uk based and i got a brilliant service.

Bought my doll thru them and the price you pay includes shipping and all import fees

Thanks Guy's appreciate the information!!
:b

BG

Gavla82
17-07-2023, 10:54 PM
Cloudclimax are also good - they often have in stock girls too, under their WM Gold Range. Worth checking out also. Their after care support is brilliant too and they check the girls over, so no drop shipping.

Stedoo
19-07-2023, 07:51 PM

So they are or are not UK based ?

Surely if UK based there would be no import fees ? On their site, their "dolls in stock" never seem to show any UK stock, only US or EU ?

So would UK stock be classed as EU stock ?

shamus
19-07-2023, 08:51 PM
So they are or are not UK based ?

Surely if UK based there would be no import fees ? On their site, their "dolls in stock" never seem to show any UK stock, only US or EU ?

So would UK stock be classed as EU stock ?

Silicone Lovers are UK based but they will no doubt be associated with another entity or entities. It makes complete sense. If a group of companies purchase larger volumes they get lower prices so companies that are not physically linked may end up in bed together to enjoy the benefits of collective purchasing power.

The dolls for sale from stock worldwide will be the assoiated entities. If you find the other company that is selling the dolls in the US or EU then you will find who they are associated with.

Silicone Sex World used to have someothing similar before they sold out to Sex Doll Genie. They were UK based but seemed to have worldwide stock.

Silicone Lovers is based in East London... Not the address on their site. Thats simply a PO box in the same virtual building a the PO Boxes of Cloud Climax, DS Robotics, and a few other entities.

Shamus.

p.s. and no, EU stock and UK stock are not the same thing.

Stedoo
19-07-2023, 09:03 PM
So if you click to buy an in stock girl from US ? EU ?

Is the price you see, the price you pay either way ? No additional postage or duties ? ( ok, well maybe extra for postage )

shamus
19-07-2023, 09:43 PM
So if you click to buy an in stock girl from US ? EU ?

Is the price you see, the price you pay either way ? No additional postage or duties ? ( ok, well maybe extra for postage )

You would need to talk to Silicone Lovers.

My response just related to whether or not they were UK based.

Logicaly though if an item is in stock in another country then if you are not in that country you would suffer the duties associated with moving it to your own country.

The prices shown on their site will be the price peole pay for the purchasers in those countries.

Lucidtoys
20-07-2023, 12:17 PM
You would need to talk to Silicone Lovers.

My response just related to whether or not they were UK based.

Logicaly though if an item is in stock in another country then if you are not in that country you would suffer the duties associated with moving it to your own country.

The prices shown on their site will be the price peole pay for the purchasers in those countries.

I have been told SL sell some illegal dolls too. I would watch out before buying from them.

If they say it's in stock ask for real warehouse photos.

:withstupi

shamus
20-07-2023, 12:44 PM
I have been told SL sell some illegal dolls too. I would watch out before buying from them.

Hi,

I assume that you are using a VPN not set to UK settings?

As with many sites out there certain vendors including many of those in the far East have sites set up to show girls geared towards the market that they are selling to so, for instance a girl not available in the UK would show up on (for example) the American site.

I just went through their dolls available to order and I could not see the girl that you are referencing.

Personally I have never had any issue with SL. Exactly the same that I have had no issue with the girls that I have purchased from yourselves. Either new or clearance stock. :tu

SL are a different business model to yourselves so not seeing that being a direct competition for the people wanting a doll rather than a quite specific girl. Although they have in stock, the girls are never actually in UK stock so completely different like comparing a ready to wear and made to measure suit.

:tu

Lucidtoys
20-07-2023, 01:16 PM
Without a VPN, a UK/EU customer can purchase the goods. They have ensured the removal of the length from the title, an apparent attempt to circumvent the rules. I would call this hypocrisy. Numerous individuals on the Discord forum are voicing their complaints about having to pay for customs and VAT, only to be refunded the amount by the named vendor. Surely, HMRC would frown upon such a practice.

:D

Stedoo
21-07-2023, 07:24 PM

They would probably want to charge for the photos...

Lucidtoys
21-07-2023, 07:36 PM
They would probably want to charge for the photos...

Perhaps, but first, you need to travel to Spain or Germany, where the renowned Chinese 3PX Warehouse is located. Once there, you'll need to immerse yourself in the local culture and language. Learning Mandarin-Spanish in Spain or Mandarin-German in Germany will be essential to effectively communicate with the warehouse staff and locals.

Once you have mastered the language, it's time to embark on your search for the desired product. Navigating through the vast warehouse might seem overwhelming, but with determination and a keen eye, you'll find what you're looking for.

Now comes the crucial part - assembling a team of well-trained staff to handle the unboxing process with care and precision. Delicate items require expertise and attention to detail, ensuring the product remains intact during the unpacking phase.

After unboxing the item, capturing high-quality images is essential for documentation and potential marketing purposes. Investing in good photography equipment and skills will help showcase the product's features and attract potential customers.

Finally, as you complete the process, the last step involves uploading the images and relevant product information to a PC.

:D

Lucidtoys
21-07-2023, 07:41 PM
...Wait, the customer then emails, expressing interest in the product you've listed. They request additional information and ask, 'Can you also send me pictures of these other 4 dolls you have in stock?' This inquiry presents a fantastic opportunity to showcase the variety of products available in the Chinese 3PX Warehouse.

Now, with the language barrier no longer an obstacle, you promptly respond to the customer's email in a courteous and informative manner. You express your gratitude for their interest and assure them that you'll be more than happy to provide pictures of the other dolls they are curious about.

You immediately mobilize your skilled team to explore the warehouse once more, searching for the four specific dolls mentioned by the customer. With their expertise, they quickly locate the items, ensuring they are handled with care to maintain their pristine condition.

As the team prepares to unbox and photograph the additional dolls, you realize the potential to expand your offerings and cater to a broader customer base. These new dolls could attract collectors, enthusiasts, and individuals looking for unique gifts, further diversifying your product range.

Once the images of the four dolls are captured, you meticulously review them, ensuring they portray the dolls' true beauty and distinctive features. The importance of presenting high-quality visuals cannot be overstated, as they significantly impact a customer's perception and purchase decision.

With the pictures perfected, you promptly reply to the customer's email, attaching the images of the four additional dolls. Alongside the pictures, you provide detailed descriptions, highlighting each doll's craftsmanship, history, and cultural significance.

As the customer receives the email, they find out that there is a slight mark on the arm and the light used for photography is not optimum.....

:wall

:24

Lucidtoys
21-07-2023, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the Doll Business, where every day brings new challenges and opportunities! As the demand for the products grows, so does the complexity of managing customer inquiries and handling logistics.

The sudden arrival of another customer email, urgently requesting photos of the Zelex Doll, puts your customer service agent in a bit of a bind. They must now decide which inquiry to prioritize - the customer requesting pictures of four dolls or the one adamant about immediate photos of the Zelex Doll.

In such a situation, quick thinking and efficient communication are essential. The agent acknowledges both customers' emails promptly, expressing their gratitude for their interest and promising to provide the necessary information as soon as possible. They assure the Zelex Doll-seeking customer that the images will be sent shortly and that they value their business.

With customer satisfaction as the top priority, the agent delegates tasks within the team to ensure both inquiries are addressed simultaneously. One team member focuses on unboxing and photographing the Zelex Doll, while another team member works on capturing images of the four other dolls....

:drool:confused::rolleyes:

poppy70
22-07-2023, 08:12 AM
Do I sense a slight touch of sarcasm :)

Well that's the problem dealing with customers, they always want something strange and ask obvious questions. Mainly because of inexperience and you roll your eyes - "not again" :)

Been there, done that in a different business. And worst of all if it gets emotional, then all you can do is walk away, let the customer come to grips and make a decision.

But in the end I think there are more easy peasy going transactions than these, else nobody would ever ever ever do this any more. And you hopefull earn some money.

Coming back to the initial question, would I import from the US? In my case Germany and I would rather not unless the product is only available there.

There are options to get your order pre processed and all legalities taken care of and that's something you need to discuss with your vendor. The good thing is - technically you are not the importer but the vendor, on the other hand you don't know what and when and where and tracking is only available when the doll is through customs. That's something I try to do when the doll is drop shipped from China.

The easiest way is to deal with a German vendor (in my case) so local laws apply, no hassle and in case of problems the same language and same laws. ymmv.

Jo

Stedoo
22-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Do I sense a slight touch of sarcasm :)

Very true, shock horror at a remote customer wanting to see photos, or decent photos of an expensive product they may want to buy.

Who'd have ever thought anyone might want to see what they're actually buying ? So unheard of.

Then a seller with no photos has the audacity to tell the customers they have to pay to get photos !!

shamus
22-07-2023, 09:55 AM
Difficulty goes with the territory.

Anything that is easy to do is easy to replicate.

Anything that is easy to replicate attracts greater competition so reduces profits.

Simple choice. Difficult with a high margin. Simple with a low margin. But, companies that take the first route will always complain about the customer and companies that take the second option will always complain about the market.

Here endeth todays lesson on business :D

Lucidtoys
22-07-2023, 01:41 PM
Difficulty goes with the territory.

Anything that is easy to do is easy to replicate.

Anything that is easy to replicate attracts greater competition so reduces profits.

Simple choice. Difficult with a high margin. Simple with a low margin. But, companies that take the first route will always complain about the customer and companies that take the second option will always complain about the market.

Here endeth todays lesson on business :D

I totally agree, Just wrote software which automates 160000 actions in 2 hours. It would have taken 5 staff members 4 weeks to complete.

:24

Lucidtoys
22-07-2023, 01:56 PM
Very true, shock horror at a remote customer wanting to see photos, or decent photos of an expensive product they may want to buy.

Who'd have ever thought anyone might want to see what they're actually buying ? So unheard of.

Then a seller with no photos has the audacity to tell the customers they have to pay to get photos !!

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous message. To clarify, we acknowledge and fully understand the importance of photos for our customers when considering a purchase, especially for high-value items.

We have two categories of vendors:

Those that do not provide custom photos due to resource or funding limitations.
Those that do provide custom photos.
For vendors under the second category:

2 i) We maintain a large archive of warehouse images, which we provide free of charge. We cater to an average of about 30 image requests per day via our chat feature.
2 ii) For specific requests where a customer wants custom photos of items we have in stock, we request a nominal deposit of £35.00. This deposit is then adjusted against the order if the customer decides to purchase the product.

The deposit is a measure that helps us manage resources efficiently and continue to provide this valuable service. Please note, it's uncommon for vendors globally to offer unlimited custom photos for each request without any checks and balances in place.

I hope this helps to clarify our process. We value our customers' satisfaction and are constantly working to enhance your shopping experience. Thank you for your understanding and your business.

:)