PDA

View Full Version : Hi

regariol79
02-06-2023, 07:08 AM
Hi - long time lurker here, but thought I'd say hi :) My Starpery Saner doll arrived a couple of weeks ago, & she is settling in well. Adapting to the weight, but I'm getting a good workout in the process :)

algaeholics
02-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Yup, she's certainly settled. 💕

regariol79
02-06-2023, 07:16 AM
Yup, she's certainly settled. 💕

Hehe, thank you :) :)

Karrot
02-06-2023, 08:34 AM
Hi and Welcome!

She certainly seems pretty much settled and ready to rule the roost.

Does she have a name??

K

Esjayell
02-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Hello and :welcome

Elina and I are about a week into our fifth year together, and can well remember the excitement and thrill of her arrival and allowing her (and me) to get settled and form a long lasting bond. Nice pic, does she have a name yet? Time now to stock up on clothes, make-up, towels, tights, shower gel, baby oil, baby powder, etc., etc., etc. Oh and hide your cards and wallet!

Best wishes

Elina, Rosina & me

shamus
02-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Hi Regalio,

Welcome to the forum.

Lol on the workout. I started with quite a light girl and even then thought. This can't be right!

Worry not, give it a few weeks and your body will adapt to hers and you cease to really notice her weight that much anymore. :tu

Good to have you on board,

All the best,

Shamus.

regariol79
02-06-2023, 09:35 AM
Hi and Welcome!

She certainly seems pretty much settled and ready to rule the roost.

Does she have a name??

K

Thank you :) She's called Emma, & she's definitely the boss of the house already!!!

regariol79
02-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Thank you :) It's certainly a steep learning curve. Really struggling with the hair & wig - looks like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards. Any tips? I'll have to look through the forum for some advice - I'm sure ther'e some useful videos there for hair brushing :)

Mac_
02-06-2023, 09:58 AM
Best advice I can give is don't drag the lass thru hedges forwards or backwards.

the living tribunal
02-06-2023, 10:15 AM
Hi Regalio & Emma :welcome

shamus
02-06-2023, 10:21 AM
Some wigs are much better than others.

Generally speaking my experience is that the one's that they come with frizz quickly.

Some that you can buy are almost human hair (and some are human hair). I never know what I'm buying so go on things like whether they have lace fronts as in my little mind I figure why would anyone make a lace front wig with crap hair.... So far my theory seems to hold water as the lace fronts are the best wigs here and are slowly replacing the anufacturer supplied wigs.

The oracle of all things hair related is Karrot. Just look up images of Maddie... Any image of Maddie... And you will see what I mean.

Ooh, one bit of advice on wigs.

The wig that she wears during the day is the best wig. Get her another wig for the bed as wigs seems to have an adverse reaction to pillow fibres as they go from lush rolling locks to hedgerow specials instantaneously.

Also, stating the obvious. The shorter and courser the wig the more robust it is.

HTH,

Shamus.

Andyman
02-06-2023, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the forum Regariol and Emma. She's a lovely looking lass you've got living with you. It's normal to be wrapped around their finger and doing everything possible to make them happy.
As has been mentioned, the weight may seem a lot at first but you will find the right technique to protect your back and your lady.
I hope you have a long time together. Best wishes
Andyman and girls

Gavla82
02-06-2023, 01:05 PM
Welcome Regariol and Emma. She looks stunning!

Hope you find yourself at home here and find useful information and inspiration in the various threads. :tu

Adam&Emma
02-06-2023, 02:07 PM
Welcome R&E from A&E :D. She is rather lovely isn't she. The starpery girls have such amazing detail

regariol79
02-06-2023, 08:32 PM
Thank you everyone for your warm welcome! And thank you too to Shamus for the advice regarding the hair & the wig - happy to be learning lots here, & will continue to be an avid student :)

Seth
02-06-2023, 08:42 PM
Hello to you and Emma, she looks great.

ClosetDollFan
03-06-2023, 12:08 AM
Welcome! Emma looks lovely :) One thing I find helpful when wrangling wigs is to use a wig cap (on her, not me). Reduces the friction on her head and helps the wig go on a lot smoother. I also recommend one of those ‘Tangle-Teezer’ brushes; they’re brilliant and available everywhere.

HHDel
03-06-2023, 01:14 AM
Hi and :welcome regariol79 ...nice to have you here on UKLD Forum. You are looking for Good Girls? You want to see them:24...So, dont forget to Visite my Site here..." Harleyhahns Greatest Girls ":drool:drool:drool

Gavla82
03-06-2023, 03:20 AM
I also recommend one of those ‘Tangle-Teezer’ brushes; they’re brilliant and available everywhere.

This from Home-Bargains is just as good, but then to be honest, any paddle brush does the job just fine, even the little WM Dolls Brush you get with the girls. :tu

https://i.ibb.co/Sc57Nj4/rn-image-picker-lib-temp-1c39f922-521c-4a2c-b3be-add2ee9001bc.jpg (https://ibb.co/HCBp7Sf)

shamus
03-06-2023, 09:55 AM
This from Home-Bargains is just as good, but then to be honest, any paddle brush does the job just fine, even the little WM Dolls Brush you get with the girls. :tu

https://i.ibb.co/Sc57Nj4/rn-image-picker-lib-temp-1c39f922-521c-4a2c-b3be-add2ee9001bc.jpg (https://ibb.co/HCBp7Sf)

I've got tagle teasers but to be honest, if you go up one row in that pic those brushes that you can just see the bottom of I find the best.

I don't know why they call them ceramic brushes when they are made from plastic and aluminium but the circular brushed with the tiny soft teeth really work.

i.e.

https://i.ibb.co/jwQbkTT/Brush.jpg (https://ibb.co/t2vQp44)

I find that the wider the circumference but smaller the teeth the better they work.

.... Conversation number 2,852 that I thought I would never have :21:24

regariol79
03-06-2023, 12:19 PM
Definitely good advice to look for a better brush - I've been using the one that came with the doll - time for an upgrade I think!

Andyman
03-06-2023, 09:31 PM
Bet you never saw yourself going in Home Bargains and debating which brush to buy. Or buying tampons, or makeup. :D

regariol79
04-06-2023, 08:31 AM
Haha indeed not :) I've taken the safer option & ordered through Amazon :)

Andyman
04-06-2023, 09:01 AM
You'll get used to it. Trips to the supermarket will be a new experience, you will find yourself saying "that would be nice for Emma" and "Emma could do with that". :D