PDA

View Full Version : Harper’s lips need attention

Jedzed
05-11-2023, 07:00 AM
As you can see from the photo, the colour on Harper’s upper lip is starting to wear off. I’ve tried one lip gloss, which was hopeless. Could anyone advise a product/range that works well with dolls please?

https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=4149&pictureid=97271

Lulu1971
05-11-2023, 07:32 AM
I use either appropriately coloured eye shadow or blusher powder for lips. Dip a brush in baby oil first, then the powder. Or mix a little powder and oil together first and then paint on. It lasts quite a long time, even with lots of kissing, and comes off easily with baby oil on a cotton bud if you need to remove it.

Jedzed
05-11-2023, 07:35 AM
I use either appropriately coloured eye shadow or blusher powder for lips. Dip a brush in baby oil first, then the powder. Or mix a little powder and oil together first and then paint on. It lasts quite a long time, even with lots of kissing, and comes off easily with baby oil on a cotton bud if you need to remove it.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

algaeholics
05-11-2023, 08:05 AM
I just use powders without the oil. All but one of mine are ornaments though so don't get the 'traffic'. :tu

Humbug
05-11-2023, 12:47 PM
Nice looking doll what head number and make is she

Karrot
05-11-2023, 12:54 PM
I do powder first then brush a little baby oil gel over, works especially well for photoshoots as it gives that shiny lip gloss look, then then soaks in and helps prolong the colour rather than rubbing of an anything it comes near :)

K

Tommo10
05-11-2023, 12:55 PM
I use just use powder makeup too start with too, then to make them stand out in a photo I add clear lip gloss, although now my clear lip gloss is more pink than clear.:rolleyes:

Jedzed
05-11-2023, 01:13 PM
Nice looking doll what head number and make is she

She’s meant to be the Firedoll ‘Ryda’ I understand. The head is the one that came with the doll (it was bought for me by a friend). But it doesn’t bear resemblance to the Ryda head advertised on the site it was purchased from (Lucid Toys). I’ve written to LT to ask if there’s been a mistake (bust size is 3 inches less than the site description says, too).
The wig is one I bought separately on Amazon and is by Esmee - the long, straight, copper brown version. It feels much more like real hair than the wig which came with the doll and seems less likely to tangle as I’ve moved her around.

Joe Bin
06-11-2023, 09:26 PM
I just use powders without the oil. All but one of mine are ornaments though so don't get the 'traffic'. :tu

Lol, even the ones who are ornaments in my house, I can't help giving a big kiss when I walk by them.

Humbug
09-11-2023, 12:59 PM
What's wrong with using super stay Matt lipstick

Jedzed
09-11-2023, 01:38 PM
What's wrong with using super stay Matt lipstick

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give that a try too.

Humbug
09-11-2023, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give that a try too.

No no no please don't use the lipstick I was merely asking the question to see if others here can tell us why we should not use lipstick it may be ok however it may not

Karrot
09-11-2023, 03:13 PM
Some here do use lipstick, however it can stain and will try to wipe itself off on to everything else.

K

algaeholics
09-11-2023, 04:08 PM
☝🏼

This!

Lipstick is oil based and will leach into areas on the face not intended for such.

Andyman
09-11-2023, 04:45 PM
And has a habit of staining your bedding. I have a pillow case that still has a lipstick stain from 2019!

BoobGuy
09-11-2023, 05:28 PM
And has a habit of staining your bedding. I have a pillow case that still has a lipstick stain from 2019!

Sounds like they are about ready for a wash??? :21:24

BG

:tu

Esjayell
16-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Elina uses L'Oreal Infallible 24hr lipstick. As this has a water based liquid gloss at one end and a wax stick at the other, it is imperative that you use only the water based liquid. The wax will not dry until it's on you, the pillow case, clothes or anywhere else it can find. Nail polish too has to be water based, you can tell this easily by removing the top and smelling it. Water based has very little smell, cellulose based ones will take your breath away!

You'll need to invest in some eyebrow stencils (makes replacing eyebrows a lot easier) and a 'selection box' of eye shadow and a collection of make-up brushes, together with face powder, rouge (blusher) and a translucent powder, this goes over the face powder and rouge to protect it and to give it a sheen (like us humans). All of this can be obtained from Boots, both Elina and I can wholly recommend their 'Natural Collection' range.

Regards

SJL & Elina

Jedzed
16-11-2023, 09:57 AM
Elina uses L'Oreal Infallible 24hr lipstick. As this has a water based liquid gloss at one end and a wax stick at the other, it is imperative that you use only the water based liquid. The wax will not dry until it's on you, the pillow case, clothes or anywhere else it can find. Nail polish too has to be water based, you can tell this easily by removing the top and smelling it. Water based has very little smell, cellulose based ones will take your breath away!

You'll need to invest in some eyebrow stencils (makes replacing eyebrows a lot easier) and a 'selection box' of eye shadow and a collection of make-up brushes, together with face powder, rouge (blusher) and a translucent powder, this goes over the face powder and rouge to protect it and to give it a sheen (like us humans). All of this can be obtained from Boots, both Elina and I can wholly recommend their 'Natural Collection' range.

Regards

SJL & Elina

Thanks. I’ll look into these.