PDA

View Full Version : Hello, lurker ready to join

biscayne
09-11-2023, 04:37 PM
Hello, I've been lurking here for a bit, and thought I should make an introduction take the opportunity to ask a few questions

I've been interested in dolls for a few years, but because of my living situation it was never practical, I recently moved into my own place and decided it was time to get one.

I'm not really interested in the sexual side of dolls, the companionship is more appealing, I just want to have someone to cuddle with in bed or on the sofa to be honest.

I decided a couple of months ago to wait until black friday, to hopefully get a deal, do any UK vendors do offers for it? and if so, how generous are they?

Also, do any UK vendors allow you to change the head on their in-stock dolls to one of the same brand and price? (assuming they have both the head+body as separates). Like if I wanted a certain doll, but preferred one of the other heads they have in stock

In any case, it's good to be here

Andyman
09-11-2023, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the forum biscayne.
I think you are in the right place, quite a lot of us treat our dolls as much more than sex toys. They are our companions, our muses, our cuddle buddies. They take on a life of their own from our imagination and provide us with unwavering loyalty.
I'm sure the black Friday sales will start soon and hopefully there will be decent reductions in prices.
As regards mixing and matching bodies and heads, some vendors allow you to customise lots of details. If it's from a doll listed as in stock, you can try requesting a different head to one of your choice.
That's just my quick reply, others will no doubt give a much better answer.

algaeholics
09-11-2023, 05:02 PM
:welcome aboard!

Phil @ https://www.the-doll-house.com/ can do bespoke dolls.

You might also wish to consider https://cloudclimax.co.uk/

There is also LucidToys to consider, but they appear less inclined to do customisations. Turnaround is generally relatively quick by comparison however.

Has any particular lady piqued your interest?

Good luck with your search. Any Q's, ASK away!! :tu

Lulu1971
09-11-2023, 06:23 PM
:welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place.

Cloud Climax will fully customise anything and I've had some curious orders from them in the past. For example, I ordered a new male body for one of my male dolls, but as I didn't need a head I asked for a female head of my choice and in a different skin colour to the male body instead, and they were happy to oblige. That's a make to order request of course, though, and takes around 8 - 10 weeks to receive. I'm not sure about in stock dolls, as it's limited what they actually have in the warehouse ready to go.

I hope you find your dream girl and look forward to seeing what you choose :tu

Karrot
09-11-2023, 06:29 PM
Others have pretty much covered it, so I shall simply say a very warm :welcome

K

Kenzie
09-11-2023, 07:01 PM
:welcome to the rabbit hole. Mind the step, it's a long fall.

Humbug
09-11-2023, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Lucidtoys is UK based they are quality dolls and one of the cheapest way to go if you go with say silicone lovers you will have to wait and if you leave it too long you will suffer the wait as the Chinese have ther month of sundays holiday Lucidtoys you can pickup or have it next day if you're not into the sex side of a doll the sky is the limit

poppy70
09-11-2023, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the forum and this wonderful hobby.
Most about vendors has been said, now just a few other aspects.
Friends with benefits might be a very good description and if you are more in the companion aspect, you should consider silicone dolls. They are mostly lighter and more realistic, downside is, they are more expensive. TPE girls also have their charms, but not for me. You will find your way around here and be aware that after the first doll you will start buying clothes and lingerie and learn about makeup and photography. Yes, the rabbit hole is deep.
Have fun and ask ask ask before you buy.

Jo

Joe Bin
10-11-2023, 12:29 AM
:welcome to the forum Biscayne.
I can't answer your questions as I Live in Canada. However, I see that the others are giving you top notch advice. You are in good hands here.

Adam&Emma
10-11-2023, 07:29 AM
Welcome to the forum fella. Look forward to seeing who you choose as your new companion.

revoL annaerB
10-11-2023, 09:13 AM
I'll add to the warm welcome by saying....WELCOME:)

Humbug
10-11-2023, 10:24 AM
Just one bit of important advice I can give you and I'm sure others here will agree is

Dont Be in Any Rush to buy a doll
make absolutely shure you do your homework here

If you rush and buy a doll that you feel disappointed with it could put you off in the future

Silicone dolls are very realistic however a tad on the hard side TPE dolls are supper soft and still look attractive both will take care and attention there is also weight and size to consider these are questions that are just the tip of the iceberg there all so much more to consider lots of doll these days come with two heads however you can also buy separately you will need to
Be careful of skin tone when choosing separately

I made a mistake rushed in and purchased two doll at the same time and was not at all happy only to sell them next day
I have spent thousands of pounds but now got the right ones
that suit me fine
Hope this helps

Adam&Emma
10-11-2023, 10:48 AM
Just one bit of important advice I can give you and I'm sure others here will agree is

Dont Be in Any Rush to buy a doll
make absolutely shure you do your homework here

From first seeing a doll and thinking omg i neeeeeed one to actually buying one was 20yrs. Hows that for patience :D. Although i do wish i hadn't waited quite so long lol

Humbug
10-11-2023, 11:04 AM
From first seeing a doll and thinking omg i neeeeeed one to actually buying one was 20yrs. Hows that for patience :D. Although i do wish i hadn't waited quite so long lol

Ar yes Adam&Emma I have seen your doll and I must say it was well worth the wait she is so so gorgeous and I'm shure you are most happy with her

Lucidtoys
10-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Hello, I've been lurking here for a bit, and thought I should make an introduction take the opportunity to ask a few questions

I've been interested in dolls for a few years, but because of my living situation it was never practical, I recently moved into my own place and decided it was time to get one.

I'm not really interested in the sexual side of dolls, the companionship is more appealing, I just want to have someone to cuddle with in bed or on the sofa to be honest.

I decided a couple of months ago to wait until black friday, to hopefully get a deal, do any UK vendors do offers for it? and if so, how generous are they?

Also, do any UK vendors allow you to change the head on their in-stock dolls to one of the same brand and price? (assuming they have both the head+body as separates). Like if I wanted a certain doll, but preferred one of the other heads they have in stock

In any case, it's good to be here

Welcome to the Forum.

:D

Aly
10-11-2023, 11:25 AM
Just to echo what other (sensible) members have said, I too made the classic error of rushing to buy my first one , then almost immediately having to dispose of her after realising she was far too awkward for me to realistically manage. Another thought that may appeal would be perhaps to consider a Torso doll initially?> smaller, cheaper and a good introduction to what you are getting into....... just a thought , Anyway - Welcome...........

Lucidtoys
10-11-2023, 03:30 PM
Just to echo what other (sensible) members have said, I too made the classic error of rushing to buy my first one , then almost immediately having to dispose of her after realising she was far too awkward for me to realistically manage. Another thought that may appeal would be perhaps to consider a Torso doll initially?> smaller, cheaper and a good introduction to what you are getting into....... just a thought , Anyway - Welcome...........

:D

I agree

Dongo
10-11-2023, 04:43 PM
:welcome to the forum, biscayne. If you are seeking a cuddle bunny you might wish to have a look at a Teddy Babe rather than a TPE girl. Just a thought.:D

Tommo10
10-11-2023, 05:41 PM
Welcome to UKLDF :tu

Mac_
10-11-2023, 06:31 PM
I would say for cuddling in bed and couch,

TPE body softer

Silicone head with implanted hair so wig does not move whilst in bed
Nowt worse than waking up to a baldy

Weight I know you seen it a hundred times but if your moving her twice a day lounge to bedroom and back make sure you can handle the weight.
As long as your fit and no stairs then no issue but if your older or have restrictions then go keep.

biscayne
12-11-2023, 02:29 PM
Thank you for all the welcomes guys.

I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to get yet, it's a big commitment and I'll keep researching for a bit more