PDA

View Full Version : Time to say hello,

Thumper
10-01-2024, 03:43 PM
Greetings everyone,
I have recently joined, and am looking forward to knowledge that I may be able to obtain.
Due to circumstances outwith my control, I find myself alone. And have been since July last year.
I am fascinated by some of the ladies available on the market and truly am ready to dive down the rabbit hole..

So many questions, Silicone, TPE, Hair, Quality, Caring for, legalities etc.
My wife was a petite lady, so short in stature will always be my preference (petite but not overly youthful, thats not me!).

Any guidance or images (Where to purchase from) would be gratefully appreciated.

I would prefer to purchase within th U.K., as I live in Scotland.

many thanks in advance to anyone who reaches out to me with guidance.:tu

poppy70
10-01-2024, 04:08 PM
:welcome Thumper and have a look around here.

The most important measure for legality is height and if you go with a UK based vendor you should be fine. As I am not from the UK I cannot recommend one but others will surely help with that.

Dolls are beautiful companions and more but don't let yourself fool with the pictures, our girls don't move or do anything in the household so you need to be prepared for that. Else they are great fun.

Have a look around, lots of topics about dolls have been often discusssed and you should be able to find a lot of good and valuable info.

Jo

Jedzed
10-01-2024, 05:07 PM
Hi Thumper and :welcome

I’m no expert myself as I’ve only recently gotten into dolls. Really great fun though - especially the photography and just having my doll, Harper, around the house or lying in bed next to me.
One consideration I would have myself if buying another doll is the weight. Harper has a weight of 40kg and I find it quite tiring to move and manipulate her when preparing her for photos, dressing her up etc.. It’s a pretty good workout and my arms are often aching the next day! I’m just 5’9” and around 11.5 st. myself, so I’d definitely go for something lighter next time.

Have fun.

Tommo10
10-01-2024, 05:20 PM
Welcome to UKLDF. :tu

Karrot
10-01-2024, 05:24 PM
Hi Thumper, Welcome.

Weight is oft given as a warning, and should be heeded. I have a 43Kg girl who is a joy to have as she's very naturally proportioned, but she's a weight to move about. in comparison I have other who are around 34 Kg and are very much easier to handle.

All that aside, you'll find an array of info here to wade through and we always try to answer questions.

Have fun

K

Ich Will
10-01-2024, 05:31 PM
HI, be careful what you wish for, this rabbit hole is a very deep one.
I am far from an expert (cue Tommo, Adam, Karrot et al) but do look at the weight of the prospective lady. A WM 166c (33kg) although shorter is noticeably heavier than a WM 159c (39kg) , so height alone is not an indicator of lightness.
I believe the legal minimum height is 148cm, but as Poppy said, if you use a UK supplier, you should be ok.
I have only used the doll house and cloud climax, so can't advise on others.
If you post a link to any that you are interested in, someone will offer any advice that you ask for

Ava Love
10-01-2024, 05:37 PM
Welcome, which part of Scotland are you in? I'm up in the North East corner.

No one can tell you if you're going to be able to get on with a doll and that will only be discovered with firsthand experience. On that basis I would suggest buying 2ndhand first time around so as you don't lose too much money if it isn't for you.

Thumper
10-01-2024, 06:12 PM
Many thanks Jo.

Thumper
10-01-2024, 06:15 PM
Thanks Jedzed, I will keep that in the forefront of my mind.

Thumper
10-01-2024, 06:17 PM
Welcome to UKLDF. :tu
Cheers Tommo10

Thumper
10-01-2024, 06:22 PM
Hi Thumper, Welcome.

Weight is oft given as a warning, and should be heeded. I have a 43Kg girl who is a joy to have as she's very naturally proportioned, but she's a weight to move about. in comparison I have other who are around 34 Kg and are very much easier to handle.

All that aside, you'll find an array of info here to wade through and we always try to answer questions.

Have fun

K
Thank you K,
Your comments are much appreciated..
At 61 and around 11 stone. Her weight will be an issue I think.

Thumper
10-01-2024, 06:26 PM
HI, be careful what you wish for, this rabbit hole is a very deep one.
I am far from an expert (cue Tommo, Adam, Karrot et al) but do look at the weight of the prospective lady. A WM 166c (33kg) although shorter is noticeably heavier than a WM 159c (39kg) , so height alone is not an indicator of lightness.
I believe the legal minimum height is 148cm, but as Poppy said, if you use a UK supplier, you should be ok.
I have only used the doll house and cloud climax, so can't advise on others.
If you post a link to any that you are interested in, someone will offer any advice that you ask for
Very good advice from another Rammstein fan, I think. Much appreciated.

Thumper
10-01-2024, 06:31 PM
Welcome, which part of Scotland are you in? I'm up in the North East corner.

No one can tell you if you're going to be able to get on with a doll and that will only be discovered with firsthand experience. On that basis I would suggest buying 2ndhand first time around so as you don't lose too much money if it isn't for you.
Very good advice coming from a fellow Scot.
Im west of Edinburgh myself. I will keep my eyes n ears wide open.
Thanks

Mac_
10-01-2024, 08:19 PM
Lucid Toys, Oxford
Dollhouse near Durham
Cloudclimax London
Siliconelovers London Heathrow(I think)

I would say are main UK retailers
Ensure you go to UK websites as few are multi national.

For a short doll I would say Lucid Toys Girlfriend or Sugarbabe, not the best of dolls but pretty decent and excellent starters for a low price. Plus no wait time on most.

If you want a doll to be in your bed I would strongly suggest either full silicone or hybrid silicone head/TPE body this gives you implanted hair option, wigs fall of easy and next to useless if in bed.

148cm is legal height for UK thats about 4'10

People will mention weight DO NOT ignore it, dolls get pretty darn heavy with sticky out limbs.

Plenty of pages of doll care on this site and store sites have info, they are not buy and forget they need lot of care and attention unless your willing to short life them, which can be expensive.

GL anyhows from another ex Auld Reekie lad.

Celtic_Babog
10-01-2024, 08:34 PM
Greetings exalted one.

Thumper
10-01-2024, 09:03 PM
Lucid Toys, Oxford
Dollhouse near Durham
Cloudclimax London
Siliconelovers London Heathrow(I think)

I would say are main UK retailers
Ensure you go to UK websites as few are multi national.

For a short doll I would say Lucid Toys Girlfriend or Sugarbabe, not the best of dolls but pretty decent and excellent starters for a low price. Plus no wait time on most.

If you want a doll to be in your bed I would strongly suggest either full silicone or hybrid silicone head/TPE body this gives you implanted hair option, wigs fall of easy and next to useless if in bed.

148cm is legal height for UK thats about 4'10

People will mention weight DO NOT ignore it, dolls get pretty darn heavy with sticky out limbs.

Plenty of pages of doll care on this site and store sites have info, they are not buy and forget they need lot of care and attention unless your willing to short life them, which can be expensive.

GL anyhows from another ex Auld Reekie lad.
Thank you my friend. I will try to remember all of that. I'm thinking full silicone generally. There's not too many people who will know where Auld Reekie is off the top of their head. Many thanks.

Thumper
10-01-2024, 09:04 PM
Greetings exalted one.
Thank you my friend.

algaeholics
11-01-2024, 10:14 AM
Welcome Thumper!

If a particularly attractive lady flashes her eyes at you, post up a link and we can advise before you swipe right! :D

the living tribunal
11-01-2024, 12:13 PM
Welcome in, Thumper :welcome

Humbug
11-01-2024, 01:32 PM
:welcome thumper really do some homework before purchasing a doll and you will be fine good thing tons of help on here ask away and you will always get a quick reply

Adam&Emma
11-01-2024, 01:51 PM
Welcome aboard. Spend as much time as you can reading threads on here to learn what you need. The last thing you wanna do is buy something that doesn't suit your needs. Ask any questions no matter how daft they sound. We've all been there and learnt the hard way.
Wish you all the best

Thumper
11-01-2024, 05:29 PM
Welcome aboard. Spend as much time as you can reading threads on here to learn what you need. The last thing you wanna do is buy something that doesn't suit your needs. Ask any questions no matter how daft they sound. We've all been there and learnt the hard way.
Wish you all the best
Many thanks for the advice.

Thumper
11-01-2024, 05:33 PM
Welcome Thumper!

If a particularly attractive lady flashes her eyes at you, post up a link and we can advise before you swipe right! :D
Good to know someone has my back on this. Thank you, and many thanks to everyone for assisting with my quest.

Ich Will
12-01-2024, 09:13 AM
Hi, posting this here so I don't clutter Emma's thread.

If you are looking for her sister, but in silicone, Tighes has a lady here, full silicone and a supposedly light body.

AngelKiss are WM's silicone girls

https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=297378&postcount=4

Thumper
12-01-2024, 10:40 AM
Hi, posting this here so I don't clutter Emma's thread.

If you are looking for her sister, but in silicone, Tighes has a lady here, full silicone and a supposedly light body.

AngelKiss are WM's silicone girls

https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=297378&postcount=4
Wow, I'm stunned by the choice and quality. I can see myself spending an unjustifiable amount of money on a completely new life choice. Thank you for the update.

Thumper
12-01-2024, 10:42 AM
Welcome Thumper!

That sounds like a very good move. Cheers.

Humbug
12-01-2024, 10:06 PM
Dont know if you are aware thumper the silicone dolls are harder than tpe dolls although silicone dolls can have the most detail