PDA

View Full Version : Starpery Dolls

frankinstien
31-01-2024, 01:36 PM
I've been eyeing Rozanne and was wondering what the matte body and face was like over the normal body.
I saw on Youtube that she has a sheen to her that was very noticeable. Can that be mitigated with powder, like cornstarch,
or is the matte finish that much better?

poppy70
31-01-2024, 03:49 PM
With silicone the sheen will be quite noticeable and powder will not stay on too long. The matte finish will most likely be the better choice for photography.

Jo

sijobo
31-01-2024, 04:11 PM
I have Freya (165G) with a matte body, and compared to my other IT silicone doll, I don't see anything WOW.
Maybe yes for photos is better, but again, if the angle is wrong, you will still have reflections back from her.

BoobGuy
31-01-2024, 10:08 PM
I've got a Starpery Rosanne with the shiny skin body, the head is matt (soft). At first I wasn't too keen but it grew on me in no time and now I do like it. I would say there is a tackiness to the skin which you could describe as sticky which is a pain with removing hairs. It will look matt with powdering but doesn't last. However, for me these are minor points, she is one stunning lady with the most incredible shape body :drool.
The one thing I really don't like is the implanted hair. It feels very poor quality and falls out worse than a malting cat or dog. The back of the hair is currently platted, but at the front it just seems to fall out on it's own and try brushing or combing it, even with great care, and it comes out in small clumps. I'll never get an implanted hair doll again. She still looks good at the moment but in time I'm worried it will get worse :wtf.
Note these are my personal views and other members with the same doll may have a very different experience.
I've attached a recent (quick) pic and you can see it is very shiny but I love it!
Off on hols for 2 weeks so will not be able to respond to any questions, if I get any :21

:tu
BG