UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Help forum (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Email Notifications? (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18105)

Agent0013 28-03-2023 12:41 AM

Email Notifications?

Since joining the forum I haven't received a single email notification from a new post in a thread I'm subscribed to or from PMs, even though my settings should support it. I've double checked that my email is correct, and an admin has emailed me directly so I know it's right! The same goes for my doll account.

I've searched the forums and all I see is a couple threads mentioning the issue in years past, but no solutions. I do know about the screen that shows my subbed threads and have been using that to keep up so far.

Thanks for your help!

Tommo10 28-03-2023 03:58 AM

A few members including myself have had this same issue with email notifications. I don't know if it's the forum or Gmail.
A number of us switched to another none Gmail email address which works fine. I switched my notifications to come through to my Outlook account a year or so back and never had any issues since.

Cheers

Tommo

Arachne Baenre 28-03-2023 04:26 AM

This is a test to see if that changes things.

Agent0013 28-03-2023 04:36 AM

Gmail appears to be the issue! I changed my email to an old hotmail address that already forwards to my gmail. It went straight to spam, but that's something I know how to fix. I switched Arachne's email as well, so hopefully the notification from this message will make it through unhindered.

Arachne Baenre 28-03-2023 04:40 AM

"Oh, was I supposed to subscribe to your problems? Not interested."

(Oops! Consider this test two.)

algaeholics 28-03-2023 11:19 AM

I was one of the 'victims' of Gmails idiosyncrasies noted above. I now point at my domain email addy which then forwards to Gmail. All was sorted.

Agent0013 28-03-2023 01:07 PM

It turns out this isn't actually fixed. It is fixed in terms of the forum; hotmail is getting the emails from here, but they still don't appear in my gmail. I know that they're still connected because a bill came through this morning. I'll try and set up a filter in gmail later to let them through, now that I know the address they are originating from, but they don't even show up in gmail's spam.

This is one thing I hate about gmail. Yes, I get no spam, but it doesn't let me decide what is and isn't spam sometimes. :mad:

Tsall 01-04-2023 08:00 AM

I've just changed the email settings of this forum. They are no longer send directly from this server but instead via a mail provider. That should fix the problem.

Agent0013 01-04-2023 06:28 PM

Thank you!

Interestingly, gmail still isn't interested in getting notifications from this site via my hotmail. I switched my account here back to my gmail and the new site settings are getting through directly to gmail now.

Agent0013 03-04-2023 07:38 PM

I don't know what's going on. After you mentioned the site changes and I changed my email back to gmail things worked for about 24 hours, and now I'm back to getting no notifications again :confused: