UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   DS Doll Sweet. (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Introducing - Kaia (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14182)

Karrot 29-09-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentell (Post 194189)
A fluffy brush , bet that tickled and bought on the giggles.

Now Karrot ...time to get those eyelashes done. :taunt

Can honestly say I hate eyelashes! 2 Packs down and neither wanted to stick at all......... May have to look at BJD lashes as they come on a long strand you cut to size and arent shaped!

K

shybob 29-09-2020 09:03 PM

FWIW I have used AI Eyelids with lashes and they are soooo easy.
If you look hard enough you will find a link somewhere on the site.... somewhere.

I have also found that it works for sticking eyelashes to:
Leave eye in socket
cover eye with wax paper tucked inside socket over eye
superglue on cocktail stick left corner holding lashes with tweezers
let dry
super glue just the middle few mm the same way
let dry
do right corner
let dry

Don't glue the whole length. Those 3 spots and tension do the job and are reasonably easy to do

I have not bothered with lower lashes yet as my competancy level means my gal looks like she goes to the same salon as Peppa Pig's Mum

It seems very wrong to be trying to give Karrot advice and I apologize unreservedly for the whole granny/egg sucking thing.

Karrot 29-09-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shybob (Post 194245)
FWIW I have used AI Eyelids with lashes and they are soooo easy.
If you look hard enough you will find a link somewhere on the site.... somewhere.

I have also found that it works for sticking eyelashes to:
Leave eye in socket
cover eye with wax paper tucked inside socket over eye
superglue on cocktail stick left corner holding lashes with tweezers
let dry
super glue just the middle few mm the same way
let dry
do right corner
let dry

Don't glue the whole length. Those 3 spots and tension do the job and are reasonably easy to do

I have not bothered with lower lashes yet as my competancy level means my gal looks like she goes to the same salon as Peppa Pig's Mum

It seems very wrong to be trying to give Karrot advice and I apologize unreservedly for the whole granny/egg sucking thing.

Sadly AI Eyelids will not work with DS Doll eyes, they are an entirely different set up, or both Xiaoli and Kaia would have eyelids!

Nothing would stick this evening, except the fecking lashes to whatever tool was holding them. Could not get them to adhere to the eyelid with any king of adhesive. Even super glue failed.

K

Tommo10 29-09-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karrot (Post 194246)

Nothing would stick this evening, except the fecking lashes to whatever tool was holding them. Could not get them to adhere to the eyelid with any king of adhesive. Even super glue failed.

K

Yup, interesting this, two years back I changed the eyes from brown to green in my Kayla head and pulled at least one set of eyelashes off if not two :confused:, I had similar issues to you, I could not get them to stick :wall someone on here helped me out,:p I've still got his pm somewhere :cool:

Tommo

phil65 29-09-2020 11:32 PM

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79533

Love this pic :drool

carlys_guy 30-09-2020 02:54 AM

what about some of algaeholics 3D printed eyelids?

carlys_guy

PDutus 30-09-2020 07:00 AM

I tried to re-stick one of Sophie's eyelashes a little while back. Got nowhere quickly :( :wall

Karrot 30-09-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil65 (Post 194254)
Love this pic :drool

Thank you Phil :D more will come as time allows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlys_guy (Post 194259)
what about some of algaeholics 3D printed eyelids?

carlys_guy

Wont fit, see earlier comments. DS dont have eyeballs in a socket, they have a long spring loaded eye unit

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDutus (Post 194266)
I tried to re-stick one of Sophie's eyelashes a little while back. Got nowhere quickly :( :wall

YUp, seems ot bet eh general consensus, yet when I did Xiaoli's lashes on her TPE body, it was never and issue.

K

stoney 30-09-2020 07:59 AM

Inspired by seeing Kaia yesterday I decided to give Jazmin a make over and put some eyelashes on for the first time since the originals fell of. used pound shop super glue and a tooth pick, seems to have worked well.

algaeholics 30-09-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karrot (Post 194267)
Wont fit, see earlier comments. DS dont have eyeballs in a socket, they have a long spring loaded eye unit

I've seen the DS eyes, and whilst smaller than the Jinsan types, a tweak to the design size could make the them fit.

That being said, with the dark eyeshadow, eyelashes won't be particularly noticeable IMO.

That, that being said, you could perhaps find some soft thin material (like wot the 'eds come in), cut to shape, attach the lashes to that, then slip the material into the eyesocket...?

That, that, that being said, she's ducking gorgeous without anyways... :whistle:

Karrot 30-09-2020 11:02 AM

Right. A length of BJD eyelashes has been ordered, and a 10 pack of falsies that look like they may provide a decent area for gluing.

I have new silicone on order, and will go out and buy new superglue as well, just in case, but the plan may well be to mix up a little black silicone and use that as glue applied as a very thin layer to both eyelid, and lashes to allow for a better 'insta-stick' whilst placing them...

gonna be next week before its all here though. Until then... Lashless...

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79569

K

Karrot 01-10-2020 09:45 PM

Is this bra too perfect? I'm not sure.......

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79597


linky

K

algaeholics 02-10-2020 08:59 AM

My TPE girls say nope, but I say YES! :D

I don't suppose she'd like to have a belly bar...?

rentell 02-10-2020 09:09 AM

Well looks a perfect fit and very alluring and ....I hope you washed it well !:eek:

Karrot 02-10-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algaeholics (Post 194449)
My TPE girls say nope, but I say YES! :D

I don't suppose she'd like to have a belly bar...?

Nope, im lucky in that my girls seem not to want metal work :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentell (Post 194450)
Well looks a perfect fit and very alluring and ....I hope you washed it well !:eek:

It wouldnt be an issue, it wasnt on for long......:whistle:

K

Karrot 04-10-2020 05:15 PM


10 lashes....100 lashes...1000??? I dunno........ she just wafts 'em at me and I say yessums.....
(Yes, I got her lashes done :D )

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79613

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79614

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79615

~ Kaia ~
~ XX ~

Linky
Doodle
Doo


K

rentell 05-10-2020 08:18 AM

Well they look OK , well done sir, are you going to let us know the how too ?

algaeholics 05-10-2020 08:27 AM

Yessums... 🥰

dollman2 05-10-2020 08:29 AM

:drool lashes for days :D

Karrot 05-10-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentell (Post 194726)
Well they look OK , well done sir, are you going to let us know the how too ?

in the end, Super glue.

I bought a pack of 10 pairs from Ebay

These looked like they would accept a smear of silicone and provide a decent sized bonding area.... I did try silicone, I didnt like the way it was applying so cleaned it right off.

These lashes feel more plastic than others I've encountered though they are still soft. I'm a tad confused as to that they are, but they cut down well and accept gentle molding, so I could shape them to the underside of the lid before gluing.

Then simply super glue the centre, then each end by applying a small amount if glue with a cocktail stick. leave it all to dry then redo her makeup!

K

Tommo10 05-10-2020 05:03 PM

Extremely nice. :tu

After Dark 05-10-2020 06:16 PM

I think I'm in love ...don't tell Neva ...but yeah... what a BEAUTY!:drool

Haremlover 05-10-2020 08:43 PM

So glad to see her enjoying life.

Best wishes and congratulations,

Harem

Karrot 06-10-2020 10:21 PM

We've been testing out ideas for this months non-comp, and after I made a mess of things, Kaia demanded (quite rightly) I fix her make-up back up before we quit for the night....

Tried a little (a LOT) of red in this one......

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79628

this is not a link

K

algaeholics 07-10-2020 08:34 AM

:rolleyes: ...resulting in a freckled chest! :D

Karrot 07-10-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algaeholics (Post 194823)
:rolleyes: ...resulting in a freckled chest! :D

You're not spozda be looking at that bit! :21:21

K

Haremlover 07-10-2020 09:41 AM

She _is_ very demanding but you're very much the one to meet her needs. Really brilliant.

By the way - that portrait looks as though it's appropriately long focus. 105mm at a guess? (And I'm bound to be wrong . . . haha)

Best wishes

Harem

Karrot 07-10-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haremlover (Post 194828)
She _is_ very demanding but you're very much the one to meet her needs. Really brilliant.

By the way - that portrait looks as though it's appropriately long focus. 105mm at a guess? (And I'm bound to be wrong . . . haha)

Best wishes

Harem

YUP :21

Exposure Time 1/10s
Aperture /2.8
ISO 100
Focal Length 38mm

I was about a meter back from her, it was a quick snap processed in Lightroom. It just came out ok is all :D I dont have anything that does 105mm :D

K

Haremlover 07-10-2020 10:52 AM

:eek::withstupi:wall:21:24

Completely stunned. :confused: Not surprising really. Senility's striking the old bloke.

Best wishes

Harem.

algaeholics 07-10-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karrot (Post 194827)
You're not spozda be looking at that bit! :21:21

Wozzinot? Oopz. :o

Karrot 10-10-2020 01:04 PM

It's amazing what you can find in Primark hidden away in the section they put all the really frumpy stuff.......

I discovered a rather nice black long sleeved bodysuit which is a perfect fit for Kaia :D

The problem is......it comes with temptation........

......tug.......

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79653

.....POP!.....

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79652

There will be more of the bodysuit soon but you'll have to be patient as (I honestly shit you not!) the bloody camera batteries died :21:21:21

K

tug
pop

rentell 10-10-2020 05:32 PM

Dead batteries,a feeble excuse.

I begin to think you play with your dolls all day every day, dont forget to eat and sleep ...

Looks like your really having fun with Kaia though :)

Adam&Emma 10-10-2020 06:30 PM

Oh wow.. Shes amazing

revoL annaerB 10-10-2020 06:34 PM

Those press studs are WAY too tempting, mate, you should resist...or not:D

algaeholics 10-10-2020 06:56 PM

Ah, yes... AKA: 'Easy Feelers'...

Strongly recommended... :D

Karrot 10-10-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentell (Post 195167)
Dead batteries,a feeble excuse.

I begin to think you play with your dolls all day every day, dont forget to eat and sleep ...

Looks like your really having fun with Kaia though :)

One of them usually gets my attention for an appreciable chuck of time each day, yes. Kaia is the new girl, so she's currently the curiosity :)

Speaking of....... as promised earlier.....

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79661

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79657

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79658

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79659

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79660

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79656

K


1 2 3 4 5 6

PDutus 10-10-2020 08:49 PM

Great photos, Mr K :b and she has a very sultry look in those photos :drool

As regards the bodysuit temptation feature, I'm all for that :)

revoL annaerB 10-10-2020 09:24 PM

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ictureid=79658
Box - ticked, box - ticked, every box - ticked, ticked and ticked again:drool

algaeholics 11-10-2020 08:46 AM

We like! :D

dollman2 11-10-2020 11:20 AM

:eek: she may need to be spanked :o.... i volunteer :drool:tu


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.