UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Doll Maintenance and repair forum. (http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Spot the acne cream (http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15911)

Matt35uk 19-09-2021 08:12 PM

Spot the acne cream

So when I bought Hannah in 2018, I read about using benzoyl peroxide 10% cream for treating stains. I've used it a fair bit and it works really well. However, if I look for it online now it seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. Is this now a banned substance or something? Does anyone know where to get it?

Dollscience 19-09-2021 08:47 PM

Could be Brexit. Try Sallycillic acid it's an alternative to benzoyl peroxide for treating acne, both unblock pores. Sallycillic acid is what's in aspirin they sell it as acne cream too. It's more natural too it's found in willow bark for e.g. and a bunch of other plants if you know your meadowsweet from your sheep sorrel.

Matt35uk 19-09-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dollscience (Post 234336)
Could be Brexit. Try Sallycillic acid it's an alternative to benzoyl peroxide for treating acne, both unblock pores. Sallycillic acid is what's in aspirin they sell it as acne cream too. It's more natural too it's found in willow bark for e.g. and a bunch of other plants if you know your meadowsweet from your sheep sorrel.

I'm not actually trying to treat acne, it's for stain removal :D as far as I know, TPE girls aren't prone to zits.

Willus 19-09-2021 11:14 PM

Boots and places like that stock 5% gel, rather than 10% cream. I have no idea if it works the same way with stains.

I can't find any 10% stuff aside from importing it from the US.

I read the same thing ages ago and was thinking I should probably pick some up.

Dollscience 20-09-2021 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt35uk (Post 234352)
I'm not actually trying to treat acne, it's for stain removal :D as far as I know, TPE girls aren't prone to zits.

Same here as far as I know tpe dolls aren't able to get zits. :tu

Tommo10 20-09-2021 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt35uk (Post 234325)
So when I bought Hannah in 2018, I read about using benzoyl peroxide 10% cream for treating stains. I've used it a fair bit and it works really well. However, if I look for it online now it seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth. Is this now a banned substance or something? Does anyone know where to get it?

I have bought several tubes over the times, I hadn't realised that it was so difficult now to get hold of until you mentioned it, I would always search Oxy 10 and various other brands would come up not so expensive, now I see there is jack shit available. I did half read something last year about it be available from behind the counter at chemist's these days, maybe worth asking in Boots or a good chemist.

Karlos 20-09-2021 06:33 AM

It seems like Acnecide 5% w/w gel is now the most readily available, which is what I was given when I asked for some over the counter at my local chemist last year. It still made short work of some nasty inky stains she had, but some of them took more than one application. Might be an idea to try a dab on the soles of her feet first, as that worrying post from Indigo about tpe composition on TDF a few years ago springs to mind. Don't know how much of that still applies these days, but better safe than sorry :eek:

Matt35uk 20-09-2021 09:34 AM

Well, since I'm not actually trying to treat acne, I'm dubious about buying some completely different chemical composition just because it's also an acne cream.

It's just a real bummer that the stuff that I know works doesn't seem to be available, nor any information as to why.

Karrot 20-09-2021 09:46 AM

EBAY LISTING LINKY

Try that. never used it, but its what you are asking for.

The Key here is Peroxide. You're not removing the stain, your bleaching it lighter, which is fine and dandy :)

K

Karlos 20-09-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karrot (Post 234383)
You're not removing the stain, your bleaching it lighter, which is fine and dandy :)

Not certain that's entirely accurate, Mr K. I remember when I left it to treat for a few hours, the staining actually purged from the surface of the tpe like blackheads, which I was then able to wipe away with a cloth, leaving it peachy pink underneath.
I would have taken pictures if I had thought of it. I will if I ever have need of it again :tu