UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions Forum (G) (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Questions (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17255)

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 05:50 PM

Questions

Hello
New here and looking for advice
How long does a mid quality doll last?
has anyone successfully navigated ebay to find a good doll?
Does it make sense to do a warehouse visit first? (having never actually seen one in the flesh I have little idea what to expect)

I have to say that the forums have a really nice tone to them so I am glad I found the site

algaeholics 16-08-2022 05:54 PM

Welcome Hal! 👋🏼

Bit of a subjective question as it depends what you intend to do with said doll, what material you want said doll in, and what IS a mid quality doll!

I'd advise a warehouse visit if the vendor offers it. You may well end up buying 15... :whistle:

I personally would not touch eBay for such a large value purchase. 👍🏼

Gavla82 16-08-2022 05:54 PM

Welcome aboard. :tu

1) Depends how you look after her/him. If you abuse them, not long. If you maintain them, some girls here are 10yrs +.

2) I'd personally avoid eBay for Dolls. Go to a vendor. Cloud Climax, The Doll House, Lucid Toys, etc.

3) LucidToys are the only ones (I know of) that do offer a warehouse visit.

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 06:11 PM

Thanks for the advice
I imagine the Neodoll range are probably mid range?
I intend to take her skydiving and bear hunting but other than that mainly a photography model (I think inspiration doesnt stick to a booking schedule)
I thought as much with ebay to be honest
Is there a routine to follow to keep her tip top (oils ect)
Thank you again you are a very friendly bunch here

Gavla82 16-08-2022 06:26 PM

Neodoll is Lucidtoys, you can find them on their own website.

With oiling it really depends on the blend of TPE. Some of the older girls needed oiling a lot more often then say that of the more modern WM girls. Powdering is only really needed when their skin feels tacky to touch.

I am not sure if they will like skydiving, as I heard, "If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you." :21

hollows+fentiman 16-08-2022 06:33 PM

I agree with the other comments!

One of the problems with mid-price dolls can be the hands and fingers! If you want to do posing photography the cheaper ones don’t often have twistable wrists. The finger wires tend to go more or less straight to the end of the arm joint. My Lucid Toys Firedoll is lovely but now has floppy hands after trying too hard to get them to pose properly!

However, the two 6YE dolls I got from them have great hands which twist at the wrists and firm fingers.

If it’s going to be your first doll though, DON’T get a heavy doll. I’d suggest no heavier than about 33kg to start with and possibly around 30kg maybe until you get used to handling them!

Cheers, Hollows.

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 06:35 PM

Hmm perhaps I can share a less dangerous pursuit with her? Do you know if dolls are at all partial to the gentle art of lion taming?
I am just getting the pennies sorted out for my first doll and am thinking Neo Allure, fire, or girlfriend ranges (anyone have experience of those brands?)

After Dark 16-08-2022 06:39 PM

I have two Firedolls and I love the TPE and body sculptures of both.
As above with everything and the MOST IMPORTANT thing of all, as mentioned is weight.

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 06:39 PM

Thank you Hollow I will look at 6ye (are they the Allure range?)

Gavla82 16-08-2022 06:40 PM

Alure = 6YE

I have their heads, but not bodies so can't comment on a full doll.

Have you any links of the girls you are looking at and we can help you with our thoughts about them. :tu

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 06:43 PM

Thank you AD
I am not too worried about weight as i am silly amounts of strong and lift and move people all the time but I take on board the advice thank you)

hollows+fentiman 16-08-2022 06:46 PM

If you go to the Lucid Toys website there’s a button left above the doll photos that says sidebar. There you can isolate the brands but also choose height and weight.

As for weight, they are not as easy as you might think to move around! They don’t help! I still stand with my suggestion! When your core muscles get used to them, yeah, maybe go for a heavier one. I’m an old phart so I know anything heavier than 35kg is a struggle for me to get them up and down stairs and I made a mistake on my Piper Doll! I didn’t look at the weight and just the height at 165cm. She turned out to be over 40kg and nearly killed me carrying her up two flights of stairs!

Gavla82 16-08-2022 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloweenprops9 (Post 272952)
Thank you AD
I am not too worried about weight as i am silly amounts of strong and lift and move people all the time but I take on board the advice thank you)

Something we hear a lot on this forum. You have to remember the girls are "dead weight", so it's like lifting a really heavy box. Another person can distribute their weight, where our girls can't. A lot of fellow members have found out the hard way.

:tu

Adam&Emma 16-08-2022 06:47 PM

Welcome to the forum.. First off well done for coming here for advice first. There is a lot to learn believe me..

For starters have a read here if you haven't already..
https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/f...ad.php?t=14269

Where abouts in the country are you.. It may be possible for one of us to let you meet a girl, so many people have bought one and decided it wasnt for them due to the weight or they just didnt feel right with the presence of the doll. Its a lot of money to lose.
And finally and most importantly when you find a girl you like then let us know who she is and where she is and someone will advise you (won't you shamus :21)

Best of luck to ya :tu

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 06:52 PM

https://www.lucidtoys.com/products/n...doll-15_163130

https://www.lucidtoys.com/collection...ll-160c-153768

Two of many that appeal to me
I am not too worried about weight as I am pretty strong and spend a lot of time lifting and moving people around

Any thoughts/advice on those two
Thank you all for the help

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 06:54 PM

Adam and Em I am mostly in Herts and Cambs

Gavla82 16-08-2022 06:56 PM

Personally prefer Angelinas face...but that's just me. But you can arrange with them via their chat to go and visit them. I've been down there about 4 times now. They are based near Oxford. :tu

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 07:01 PM

It does inspire confidence that they invite visits as there are no nasty surprises
As I said having never seen one its all unknown to me

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollows+fentiman (Post 272946)
I agree with the other comments!

One of the problems with mid-price dolls can be the hands and fingers! If you want to do posing photography the cheaper ones don’t often have twistable wrists. The finger wires tend to go more or less straight to the end of the arm joint. My Lucid Toys Firedoll is lovely but now has floppy hands after trying too hard to get them to pose properly!

However, the two 6YE dolls I got from them have great hands which twist at the wrists and firm fingers.

If it’s going to be your first doll though, DON’T get a heavy doll. I’d suggest no heavier than about 33kg to start with and possibly around 30kg maybe until you get used to handling them!

Cheers, Hollows.

With modelling and twisting joints would you oil the skin more around those areas to stop splits forming?

Gavla82 16-08-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloweenprops9 (Post 272960)
As I said having never seen one its all unknown to me

As Adam said, someone who lives close may be willing to show their girls, but bear in mind, we are very attached to our girls, some don't even use them for their primary purpose any more.

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 07:12 PM

That would be great and really helpful (people here have been so helpful with advice already)

hollows+fentiman 16-08-2022 07:22 PM

The TPE these days is often softer than it was a few years ago which means they contain a bit more oil in them and don’t really need oiling.

It used to be the ‘done’ thing that you oiled TPE dolls every few months but I don’t oil my newer ones at all now. My older ladies sometimes need an oiling like my 2016 WM168A Nava but my newer WM168A is much softer and more oily to the touch so I’ve never oiled her!

So, no, they don’t really need oiling unless they feel dry to the touch as far as I’m concerned!

TPE is made from aromatic hydrocarbons and the finished product is slightly porous so you have to be careful not to ‘overload’ it with oils. I think we’ve all down the road of regular oil maintenance but in my opinion I think it can do more harm than good! It will never reach the joints anyway!

All my newer dolls feel oily to the touch so powdering can be important but that’s another story!

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 07:26 PM

Thank you
There is a lot to take on board
You have a few then? am I at risk of buying a few?

hollows+fentiman 16-08-2022 07:35 PM

:24. If you get to like your first you’re doomed!

I have 13 plus countless miniatures!

If you do want to do ‘adventurous’ photography they’ll get nicks and tears after a while and, as I said before, trying to pose hands can lead to finger wire breaks. So, one can often get overworked and tired.

My 2016 WM168A, Ashaki, had a hard life and I no longer post photos of her as her hands are shot but I still love her and she never leaves my bed as she is my comfort to sleep well!

The reason I have lots now is because I enter at least five photo challenges a month on TDF and now one here too! One doll can’t do that!

shamus 16-08-2022 07:38 PM

For the price difference I would avoid the Girlriend and Finest ranges which are under the hood Aibei's, Cosdolls and Jarliets.

For weight take the advertised weight and double it for what they feel they to lift. That is not a joke or exegeration. I have lost count of the number of pople who buy their first girl and necxt day she is for sale on here. Sometimes because they cannot even get her out of the box!

First girl. Girlfriend range. (see above). Images look heavilit photoshoped.

Second girl that you are lloking at... 42kg net (unboxed) weight. Don't even thing about her... But, she is an Alure which is in reality is 6YE which is a good brand.

Other ranges that they have where you need to decode them.

Sugarbabe: JY, AS and AF (good brands)
Racy: Irontech (good brand)
Soulmate: SM (ShangMei) (Good brand)

The others are what they say on the tin.

The JYs have amongst them some with gel breasts and uterus function. You are looking at about £150 more than the Finest/girlfriend ranges but you are getting an expensive doll cheap rather than a cheap doll.

Has anyone mentioned Kimber dolls yet? For aroun £500 you get a girl every bit at good as the finest/girlfriend ranges.

They are basic T skeletons, wire to wrist, etc. but for a first doll they cannot be beaten. Some buy them just as head stands for WM and JY heads as they have standard M16 head connectors.

As for oiling. You get used to what they need as you are constantly aware of how their TPE feels. Some girls very seldom need oiling and when they do its very little.

All of mine are powdered (cornflour). Oil tends to be from cleaning when I use a white micro fibre cloth and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. That cleans them and the consume just enough to keep their skin healthy without being greedy (TPE with drink everything that you put on it like a sponge).

The question that you asked early on about how long they live for is really a how long is a peice of string type question as it all depends on how they are treated (most of the girls you see on here are pretty much worshipped!), the blend of TPE (Not all TPE is created equal. Price and quality are not necessarily correlated) and their environment. (i.e. They don't like to be too hot and do not put them in direct sunlight).

I know, it's a nightmare to start with but you get used to them.

As for lion taming.... I would suggest that you perhaps start off with an ant eater and build up... And no, doesn't matter that you have already bought the hat (bonus points if you know what the f*ck I'm talking about there, lol).

Welcome to the forum,

Shamus.

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 07:41 PM

I could see myself having more than one after I have learned to look after the first one (I think the advice here should help with that)

Karrot 16-08-2022 07:47 PM

Anyone mentioned Kimber yet??

https://kimberdoll.co.uk/collections/all

She may be on the 'basic' side in terms of skeleton and only 1 face, but she's a great price for a first "learn the ropes" girl.

K

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamus (Post 272969)
For the price difference I would avoid the Girlriend and Finest ranges which are under the hood Aibei's, Cosdolls and Jarliets.

For weight take the advertised weight and double it for what they feel they to lift. That is not a joke or exegeration. I have lost count of the number of pople who buy their first girl and necxt day she is for sale on here. Sometimes because they cannot even get her out of the box!

First girl. Girlfriend range. (see above). Images look heavilit photoshoped.

Second girl that you are lloking at... 42kg net (unboxed) weight. Don't even thing about her... But, she is an Alure which is in reality is 6YE which is a good brand.

Other ranges that they have where you need to decode them.

Sugarbabe: JY, AS and AF (good brands)
Racy: Irontech (good brand)
Soulmate: SM (ShangMei) (Good brand)

The others are what they say on the tin.

The JYs have amongst them some with gel breasts and uterus function. You are looking at about £150 more than the Finest/girlfriend ranges but you are getting an expensive doll cheap rather than a cheap doll.

Has anyone mentioned Kimber dolls yet? For aroun £500 you get a girl every bit at good as the finest/girlfriend ranges.

They are basic T skeletons, wire to wrist, etc. but for a first doll they cannot be beaten. Some buy them just as head stands for WM and JY heads as they have standard M16 head connectors.

As for oiling. You get used to what they need as you are constantly aware of how their TPE feels. Some girls very seldom need oiling and when they do its very little.

All of mine are powdered (cornflour). Oil tends to be from cleaning when I use a white micro fibre cloth and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. That cleans them and the consume just enough to keep their skin healthy without being greedy (TPE with drink everything that you put on it like a sponge).

The question that you asked early on about how long they live for is really a how long is a peice of string type question as it all depends on how they are treated (most of the girls you see on here are pretty much worshipped!), the blend of TPE (Not all TPE is created equal. Price and quality are not necessarily correlated) and their environment. (i.e. They don't like to be too hot and do not put them in direct sunlight).

I know, it's a nightmare to start with but you get used to them.

As for lion taming.... I would suggest that you perhaps start off with an ant eater and build up... And no, doesn't matter that you have already bought the hat (bonus points if you know what the f*ck I'm talking about there, lol).

Welcome to the forum,

Shamus.

Racy are Irontech dolls??
I like Kimbers but want something with more bust (might make kimber a next doll later if the bug gets me)
Not too hot or direct sunlight :) Can I get her wet or feed her after midnight?
Thank you

Gavla82 16-08-2022 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamus (Post 272969)

Has anyone mentioned Kimber dolls yet? For around £500 you get a girl every bit at good as the finest/girlfriend ranges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karrot (Post 272971)
Anyone mentioned Kimber yet??

Yes :P

shamus 16-08-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloweenprops9 (Post 272972)
Can I get her wet or feed her after midnight?

Elves yes, Pixies no... But thats a whole different conversation

hollows+fentiman 16-08-2022 07:54 PM

https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/f...ictureid=91279

This is my Kimber and she does have a decent rack!

shamus 16-08-2022 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=Halloweenprops9;272972]Racy are Irontech dolls??
/QUOTE]

oops, missed a bit.

Yes

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 07:58 PM

Shamus would you avoid the girlfriend range as a whole or was it just that particular one?

algaeholics 16-08-2022 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloweenprops9 (Post 272972)
...Can I get her wet or feed her after midnight?...

Feed her love, and she'll give it right back. :p

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollows+fentiman (Post 272975)
https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/f...ictureid=91279

This is my Kimber and she does have a decent rack!

Yes she does!
I will probably look at Kimber later (they do look amazing and thats an amazing photo!)

Tommo10 16-08-2022 08:01 PM

Good Evening and welcome to the UKLDF.

I see you have had some excellent advice, especially about the dolls weight, to a lot of new doll owners 35kg seems extremely heavy.

If you are thinking along the lines of a Lucidtoys Allure (6ye) because that falls nice within your budget, it might be worth looking at the 158cm, she's only an A cup,what she ain't got in the boob department, she makes up with a wonderful arse.
Tommo:tu

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommo10 (Post 272981)
Good Evening and welcome to the UKLDF.

I see you have had some excellent advice, especially about the dolls weight, to a lot of new doll owners 35kg seems extremely heavy.

If you are thinking along the lines of a Lucidtoys Allure (6ye) because that falls nice within your budget, it might be worth looking at the 158cm, she's only an A cup,what she ain't got in the boob department, she makes up with a wonderful arse.

https://i.ibb.co/X2fw8xm/Lucy-Shower...-do-edit-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/vmkbKKb/1-Neodoll-A...sied-grad2.jpg

Tommo:tu

Excellent photos Tommo!
I am very much a boob man so drawn to the Allure range and would love to know other peoples experience with them :)

poppy70 16-08-2022 08:09 PM

I just remember someone wanting to ditch a CST with a wonderful body and realistic face. She‘s silicone and could be more than an excellent starter. The buyer obviously did not bond too well…

@tommo I cannot find that post anymore, did you delete it already?

Oh just found it https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/f...ad.php?t=17166

I have a similar girl and love her to bits. Weight wise she‘d be the upper end for a starter.

Jo

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 08:17 PM

Was it the one in Lancs?
A bit too far for me but thank you

Halloweenprops9 16-08-2022 08:26 PM

I have to say I am blown away by how kind and helpful everyone has been!
This is something you are all passionate about and it shows!
I am really eager to buy my first and keen to learn what I can