View Single Post
Old 19-08-2023, 04:36 PM
Vendor

Default Important Notice on Doll Imports and VAT Compliance

While it might seem amusing to some that a competitor's hand is stuck in the proverbial jar, I've been observing a more serious matter unfold. I've noticed that Border Force is increasingly vigilant concerning individuals importing dolls from China.

The issue of VAT evasion isn't new to this forum. I've raised it before, emphasizing that sellers are legally obligated to remit 20% of the selling price to HMRC. Moreover, many other countries have laws stating that if profit is generated within their jurisdictions, a withholding tax should be levied on those transactions. This ensures that the host country benefits financially from the sale of goods to its citizens.

It's alarming to witness some renowned platforms, including the most prominent doll forum, seemingly neglect this crucial issue. Additionally, numerous influential members within our community seem to be endorsing these non-compliant vendors.

I urge everyone to critically evaluate the information being shared here. It's essential to be aware that some members might be promoting companies and suppliers known for VAT evasion. An example that stood out was a thread titled "8 months wait for a broken ***** neck and a tube of...". This can be found easily with a simple Google search.

Our goal is not to instigate disputes within this forum. This information is public knowledge. However, as responsible members of this community, it's imperative that we are informed and promote fair and legal practices in the market.