View Single Post
Old 17-09-2023, 03:08 PM
Bronze Member

Help from Minx Mansion
Part 4

Evey listened to the movement on the other side of the shoe as the minxes prepared.

“Well? What’s going on?” asked Glissa impatiently as the silence from Evey drug on.

Evey moved the shoe away from her mouth but kept listening. “I am not entirely sure… I trust Night Queen Abbey. She is going to send us some Mischief which is wonderful, but she is also going to send some, um, Stuff. I’m not sure I understand, but I trust her wisdom. If she says it will help, it will help.”

Sassy chuckled awkwardly. “If you think you owe the Night Queen for all this, you’re going to owe me even more… That’s a big Stuff! Of course my other half is okay with it! She doesn’t have to pass it! Oh no… They’d better send plenty of Mischief first…”

“I don’t understand,” added Aneka. “But can we help? Can we make this easier?”

“Look! The first nibble of Mischief!”

As soon as it appeared, it was absorbed into Sassy’s sole. “Don’t worry, there will be more where that came from. Okay… Ha ha! I can feel it coming… I should have used more Mischief… Glissa! Get ready to pull! It’s huge!”

“Hnnnngh!”

This site doesn't like my gifs! Click for animated action!

“Hah! I did it! Wow! Like a size ten foot in a size five shoe! Ha ha! I’m okay!”

“Good job, Sassy!” cheered Aneka.

“I’ve never seen anything like it.” admitted Evey.

“I don’t get it,” said Glissa, holding the brick of Stuff that Sassy had just birthed forth. “How does this brick help us defeat the drow?”

As Glissa spoke, a rustling was heard overhead in the boxes around them. The movement of thousands of individual pieces. All of the elves looked up.

“Oh my.”

“That, my dear Glissa, is potential. On its own it is not much, but what we have here is the catalyst of near infinite potential,” explained Evey with a smile. “The Stuff hoarded by the drow’s human could become our greatest weapon! But, our experiments with it will have to wait. Sassy, is there more Mischief?”

“Yes! The portal is still full of Nibbles! I can dispense it as you need it! You know how it works, right?”

Evey and Aneka nodded but Glissa didn’t. Mischief was one of the forms magic took in the world of the small elves and it had earned its name. Easy to use, but hard to master, the power within Mischief would listen to the will of the user but while the results would end up as desired, the method by which the magic happened was not always expected. The results were rarely malevolent and commonly mischievous, hence the name. Still, it was a power to be reckoned with and Evey believed it would be enough to free Saffee.

“And you’re okay with coming with us on a quest? A rescue mission to the stronghold of the drow?”

“Sassy is the bravest shoe you’ve ever met! I will help you free your friend! Ha ha! Besides, I don’t like the looks of the shoe portals around here… They scare me!”

“Once your clan is safe we’ll build a proper portal and you can use me to get advice from the Minxes on how if you need it! Once you have a portal you’ll have access to many different places and clans! It’s a wonderful world out there! Ha ha!”

“You truly are,” replied Evey as she raised Sassy back up to her mouth. “Night Queen Abbey, your gifts have been received. The True North Clan is in your debt. Should you ever need our assistance in the future, you will have it!”