View Single Post
Old 28-06-2022, 04:21 PM

Smile Rejoined the fold!

Hi Everyone

Very long time lurker and ex-member re-joins again after long-term technical issues were solved by the admins so huge thanks to Tommo, Samurai and especially Haremlover who i have pestered mercilessly for some time now with my woes about not being able to come back to the fold so to speak!

As mentioned, i was the owner of a very pretty Irontech TPE doll that once belonged to Haremlover who i named Carly, i loved her to bits but unfortunately as i am a Transgender woman who found her strength decreasing through hormone medication i sadly had to give her up

The reason i came back (apart from UKLDF being a bit less "full on" and more fun/friendly than TDF) is that i am trying to work through some deep seated issues regarding my sexuality without going too Freudian! I am having to learn to admit to myself that my interest in dolls isn't because i cannot find a partner, (although being Trans, it is extremely difficult) but because i have a love for the "Uncanny Valley" aspect of doll ownership, a genuine adoration and affection for things that look human, but arent strictly flesh and blood...a sort of Pygmalion effect if you will.

I first noticed this in my teens when i saw the film "Wilt" for the first time when Griff Rhys Jones gets entangled with the beautiful Angelique and when i saw a segment about the first generation of Real Dolls on Bravo in the late 90's, some might remember that there was a UK distributor who advertised in the Exchange and Mart who sent you a promotional video and set of photos in return for a £5 cheque which i wish i still had!

I've owned several air girls over the years and Carly as mentioned previously, but no doll at the moment sadly, my dream girl would be a lightweight special effects type mannequin cast in foam and latex but that's way out of my price range so saving up for a used Textile Doll or Teddy Babe Deluxe, or if one of the Chinese foam dolls should one ever come up relatively cheaply, until then i collect photos of some of the beautiful dolls out there and they cheer me up for now! (including a RealDoll i saw on TDF that i have a major crush on!)

So that's my little-ish introduction just to say hi and that i'm not going anywhere...i was deeply ashamed of myself for years and had to keep this part of me secret, but a therapist and my very best friends know now and that's a major leap forward!

happyapples