View Single Post
Old 30-04-2022, 06:41 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Default A Knock on the Door

PART 1

Casper: Woof woof! Grrr! WOOFWOOFWOOF! GGGRRRRR!

Rachel: What's up with Casper?
Sihtric: He can probably see one of the neighbours.

A sound from outside: Tap tap tap.
WOOFWOOFWOOF! GGRRRR!
Did you hear that? Someone's at the door.
Lulu always says don't open the door if she's out.
It might be important.
It might be a burglar.
A burglar? Come on. What burglar worth his salt is going to knock on the bloody door? Besides, we have a guard dog. What's the point in having a Dobermann and being too scared to answer the door, you pussy?
*SIGH*

*whispering* Rach, he's like us.
Um, hello.
Stranger: *silence*
Can we help?
*silence*
What's your name?
*silence*
I'm Sihtric. This is Rachel.
You gonna say something?
*silence*
Maybe you were right and he is a burglar. Or a vagrant. Looks like he's been sleeping in a skip.
Shh. Casper doesn't seem concerned.

Sihtric?
I'm sorry about her. She's my sister. She's like that with everybody. Please don't go. It looks like you need help. Is that why you came to us?
Seriously?

Can you talk?
*silence*
Do you understand English?
*nods*
Come on in. I can get you something to eat if you want.

Lulu should be home soon. She takes care of Rachel and I. She's amazing. If you're lost or something like that, I'm sure she will help.
*whispering* I hope not.
Shut up, Rachel. Try to be nice.
Well, I'm sure Lulu will be delighted that you're inviting waifs and strays into her house. I've heard her tell those guys on the forum she only has room for two of us.
*GASP*
Rachel!
Don't listen to her. She can be too stroppy for her own good. Even though she's spoiled rotten, gets everything she wants, has Lulu's friends gawking at her...

I didn't get to go partying at Adam's though, did I?
You're still sulking about that? Really?
*HUFF*

Lulu! You weren't long.
Yeah, now you're sprung.
Lulu: Who's this?
Vagrant. Sponger.
I don't know if he's lost or homeless or what. He hasn't spoken yet. He's like us.
I can see that.
You're going to get rid of him, of course. Aren't you?
Can he stay? Please?
Of course I'm not going to get rid of him. Let's at least try to find out who he is and where he's from. Sihtric, why don't you let him have a bath and find him something clean to wear?

Come on, you can have a hot bath. You can borrow some of my clothes. We're about the same size.

Don't worry about Rachel. She needs to get over herself. She's lovely, really, but she acts like a brat sometimes. So, you obviously came to us for a reason. Are you going to tell me your name?
*clears throat*
Can you talk?
Yes. My name is, um, Alexandr.
Nice to meet you, Alexandr. Sounds like you're not from England.

*Sniff sniff. Sob. Sniff. SOB SOB*
*whispering* Oh shit.
Alexandr, what's wrong?

*Sob sob. Sniff sniff* No one wants me. I have nowhere to go.

That's not true. You're welcome here. If you haven't got a breather or a family or anything, I know Lulu will help you.
How do you know?
Because she loves us, and she would never turn her back on one like us if they needed help. I'll go and talk to her. When you finish cleaning up, get dressed and come downstairs. It'll be fine, I promise.

continued.....