Thread: Phil wins!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 03:25 AM

My apologies for reviving an old thread at a time when the administrators are clearly trying to prune and renew the board. I have some questions that seemed more appropriate here than in their own separate thread, so hopefully I'm doing the right thing. Firstly, thank you to Phil for your hard work. It is gratefully received.

I've quietly lurked this forum on and off since it was branded (I think) Gibbmo, and while saving for my own inevitable purchase I've had a lot to think about. The quality and reputation of the manufacturer, the compact size (barely room to swing a cat in my house) and the low weight (particularly the 25kg silicone model, I have a very bad back) are things that I feel make this Akira ideal for me as a first time purchaser. If there are any other low weight, quality, well proportioned models out there I'd be happy to hear about them but this is the one that has ticked all the boxes so far.

Anyway, questions:

1) Does this ruling mean that it is now definitely OK to purchase this version of Akira in the UK, or is there likely to be border control fuss regardless? I have lived my entire life without any trouble with the law and the idea of being branded a potential criminal over something so absurd as the height of rubber is a very disturbing prospect, as is losing what is to me a substantial amount of money. It boggles the mind that purchasers even have to contemplate this.

2) As they have the same measurements, does the ruling also apply to the 150cm Silicon Akira? I personally feel that the material shows less "soft" and more "defined" adult features and would perhaps be less frustrating to import. Still, not being as experienced as so many members in this, I can't trust my own opinions. Would others here agree or disagree? Any input is welcome.

Thanks guys.