View Single Post
Old 20-04-2022, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Well, to be fair to Gazza, FaceApp does have it's uses, as we know.

Having said that, if you find yourself having to mess with things like hair volume, you can take that as a pretty good indicator that perhaps her wig isn't up to snuff.
I hear what your all saying about changing your doll into someone else using FA. When I first started using faceapp I was using every setting available! It was really over the top. But now I've come to understand the program more I have toned it down a lot.

I still like to add the freckles on big closeups because I will definitely screw it up trying to use actual makeup! Freckles means imperfection and Kimberley's face in particular is too smooth and perfect for me. Kimber faces are cute, but let's face is not as realistic as other makes. (See what I did there).

Julia's face on the other-hand doesn't need any enhancement at all. I added some freckles because when the filters were on they hid her original freckles in the effect too much. If i hadn't mentioned it you would never know.

And then either add a smile or not.

I don't general mess with hair too much. Adding volume is just thicker hair if the wig isn't perfect in that shot. Wait until I get a shot of Kimberley where the short hair function works well, she'll look really cute when it works.

To finish off I like to add a filter, lens flare and such like just to enhance the photo. FA is great with this and its far easier than Photoshop. It makes the picture pop more.

I find the major thing that changes dolls into a more human person is the smile feature, but isn't that the reason for using faceapp on dolls? I think it is.

Please note I don't want people to just ignore my pictures because of Faceapp. I still have to work hard setting the shot up, and coming up with ideas. FA is just another tool, like the camera and lights, nothing more. It's magic, but doesn't do the shot for me LOL! When it works well it just makes her seem more human, at least to me. I think Julia looks great with her smile!

You think been a videographer it would be easy to capture photos, but it's a completely different skill set. I'm not as skilled as Psion and Karrot are. I'm trying to learn to be better than I am now, but who knows it may never happen.

Last edited by GazzaGreen; 20-04-2022 at 07:24 AM.