View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 01:20 AM
Silver Member

Default The Reason Clothes Don't Fit with Bra & Clothing Size Charts.

As some of you know I am looking for a new body for Rosina which has resulted in me searching numerous photo galleries of dolls on almost as many web sites. Whilst doing this a thought came to me. It reminded me of the beauty pageants of the 50s/60s/ & 70s. Think Miss World. For quite a while I continued with my search, writing down the stats of all the dolls I found that would be included on my first shopping list before I do the ‘weeding.’ One of last years (2019) casualties of my cull was the WM 153A. This was dropped because I couldn’t find any nude pics of her.
It was whilst I was compiling the list that I noticed something, something rather intriguing with the measurements. To illustrate what I found let me get the measurements of the 153A.

Bust: 78 (31) Waist: 56 (22) Hips: 82 (32)

As I thought about the Miss World competition I remembered the ‘ideal’ female ‘hourglass’ shape, their ‘vital statistics’ as they were called then being 36-24-37. If we add 153mm (6”) to the above figures we get:

Bust: 933mm (37) Waist: 713mm (28) Hips: 973mm (38)

which is not far from the ‘ideal hourglass figure’ of over fifty years ago, except during this time womens sizes have changed dramatically. For example a woman with a bust of 36” now has a waist of 30” and hips of 39.5”according to a well known online store whose sizing charts are below. Incidently these are Womens Fashion Sizes. I have not included (as they weren’t there) size charts for non fashion as most/all of our dolls are “fashionistas.” A 13 year old girl whose height is given as 158cm (66”) has a chest/bust of 85 (33.5”) and a waist of 69 (27.2”).

Trousers/Jeans and Shorts Size charts are also included along with Beachwear and Nightwear. Just to ensure that everything is covered I’ve included a rather accurate, or so its seems, Bra Chart. Measure around the fullest part of the bust, then under the bust (also called Band) keeping the tape level all the way around. Look up the bust size on the left and the under bust along the top, where they intersect is the bra and cup size. Elina tried it out and discovered she is actually an A cup, guess I’ll be going to Primark soon then, if they’re open! Have fun!

Regards S.

Last edited by Esjayell; 08-08-2020 at 01:45 PM.