View Single Post
Old 17-03-2024, 10:52 PM
Bronze Member

Arachne’s First Birthday Adventure
Part 1

“Happy birthday, Arachne!”

“What is the meaning of this, wanre?” asked Arachne, a little confused.

“Okay, I know it’s not your birthday birthday. A human birthday is the day they are born; or delivered into this world. Today is the day you were delivered to me! Whatever act of fate brought you here, it’s an important date to me. Since you don’t know how time flows here compared to where you came from, maybe it can be important to you too?”

Meanwhile, someone was eavesdropping in on our conversation.

“Drow do not concern themselves with such things. What is important is the day you die, and making sure that it is not today,” she pointed out.

“Okay… Well, I bought you some presents. Come on, just play along. It’ll be fun! Cake, presents, what’s not to like?”

“Okay, fine. This cake does smell good. What is the point of the tiny candle?”

“Here, let me light it.”

“It’s your first birthday, so there’s one candle to represent the one year,” I explained. It felt weird to explain the concept of a birthday to someone.

With attention on the table and an open flame, Veyronna moved closer, drawing the purple wand from her belt.

“Okay, now what? We wait for it to burn?”

“No no, now you blow it out! While you do it, make a wish!”

Arachne paused and looked at me. It was no secret that she didn’t believe that humans had any magic and she did not see how making a wish and blowing out a candle could make it come true. I didn’t know if she was making the wish, but she chose to humor me and leaned down to blow out the candle.

Seeing an opportunity to humiliate the drow and possibly catch her hair on fire, Veyronna stood and whispered an incantation while leveling the wand at my head.

Without hesitation my hand came up and cupped the back of Arachne’s petite cranium.

I thrust her head downwards towards the cake, smashing her face into the icing.

Somehow, the force was enough to slide her along the table, sending gifts flying and plates crashing to the floor.

It was about this point that my senses kicked back in and I realized what had happened. What I’d done. “Oh no… Arachne! I don’t know why I did that! That wasn’t me! I-!” I babbled, already backing away from her, the scene of my crime.

OOC: Part 2 requires a little more editing to complete. I'm going to try and get it up tomorrow but it might take a few days.

Follow us on Twitter!

Say hi in her main thread Here.