View Single Post
Old 11-03-2024, 11:34 PM
Bronze Member

Veyronna's Arrival
Part 2

“Oh wow!” marvelled Glissa. “And you think you can convince the drow to give up her evil schemes? Maybe return to her realm? Or something?”

Veyronna shook her head. “No no. Nothing like that. See, before travelling here I did some research and it appears that the drow are naturally resistant to magic. There is a chance I would be able to overcome this resistance, but there is also a chance that I would not. Instead, I plan to use this on her greatest ally, her human servant. All I wish to do is turn her against him. Without his assistance I believe we can significantly stunt her ability to be productive and advance her goals.”

“Impressive! And what kind of thing will you get him to do?” asked Evey.

Veyronna shrugged. “I do not know yet. The best way to use the wand is to take advantage of the situation. I would need to suggest something that could be done immediately without hesitation. This way the impulse could be something the human would never do, but the spell would overpower his mind and he would act before he had a chance to realize what he was doing. I will have to watch them interact and pick my moment carefully,” she explained.

“If you did your research I’m sure you’re aware of the violent nature of the drow. Should you cause him to fail her enough then she may outright kill him,” pointed out Aneka.

“I am aware,” nodded Veyronna.

“Hmph. A necessary sacrifice!” commented Aldrea. “He is a willing servant! The work he does to forward her causes makes him as bad as her! One human to save this realm from her influence is a price we should not hesitate to pay! We must win at any cost!”

Veyronna shot another look at Aldrea.

“Why don’t you come and get settled?” suggested Evey. “You must be tired from your journey. You can start your work in the morning.”

Follow us on Twitter!

Say hi in her main thread Here.