View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 08:01 AM
Bronze Member

Yes I fully understand the issues with shipping / handling / warehouse storage loading vehicles etc. After all the only thing the DPD guys can do is move the boxes as they are supplied - regardless of how careful they are if the item has not been packed properly in the first place damage is almost inevitable. I recently had a large order of vinyl delivered in an approx "doll" sized box with 1000 small screws just loose in the box - Yes the inevitable happened - the poor DPD guy arrived with his van floor covered in tiny screws!

Anyway the point I was rather trying to make was that if LT had left my larger heavier 25kg lady in her own box which presumably is how she arrives from Zelex and packed the smaller order (approx 10kg) separately instead of crudely stuffing it inside the larger box with the doll I'm sure everything would have been fine! I completely understand that the LT business model is Value for money "supermarket" type of retail and I read somewhere that LT ship well over 100 dolls a day so I don't expect them to spend ages on my individual order but I can't help feeling this was just a little bit too careless .