UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Open Forum.

Old 15-09-2021, 12:29 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollscience View Post
I read Shogun and Tai Pan does that qualify as loving Japanese culture? Ok I'll shut up idk anything about Japanese culture you guys are a lot more worldly than I am. (Sticks tongue out) I'll sit and learn.
no, don't be precious. You know what I mean about not dereailing the thread.

Humorus detours are always welcome and sub discussions about related subjects are fine. But anything serious like whether Japan should have Nuclear power or whether the West is in any position to tell them what they can and cannot do... That waaay off topic and heading into the sort of territory that see's Psion and myself at loggerheads at times (and yep, me and Psion get stomped on by the mods and site owners).

Its not personal. Just think that its a good fun thread that shouldn't lose its way by becoming too serious.

Shamus.

p.s. I probably know more about Thailand than most here but not Japan. Pretty sure that contributing to the thread doesn't require any level of expertise. Just an appreciation
Old 15-09-2021, 12:37 PM
Gold Member

I'm a liar I do know something about Japanese culture!

Old 15-09-2021, 12:51 PM
Golden Diamond Member

yes, I went there...

K

Click the pics for their threads...
"...there was an odd smell of fish coming from it.." The Tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws
Old 15-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post

yes, I went there...

K
And talking of the iDome
Old 15-09-2021, 01:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollscience View Post
I read Shogun and Tai Pan does that qualify as loving Japanese culture? Ok I'll shut up idk anything about Japanese culture you guys are a lot more worldly than I am. (Sticks tongue out) I'll sit and learn.
Shogun is a great one I never read the book (I don't read that much - if something doesn't excite me after 5 minutes I tend to give up ) but remember watching the Richard Chamberlain saga and enjoying it:

I must have liked it so much that I went out and got the 1986 computer game:

Quite funny that the first comment pretty much sums up what I thought of the game:

"Ah nostalgia...
Such an odd yet aesthetically pleasing vibe I got while playing this game as a child. Although the quick deaths got frustrating, as well as having no clue what the point was. "

Richard Chamberlain gives me an excuse to go a little off-piste (for one post only ). I really enjoyed The Thorn Birds when I saw it (must have been in my early teens):

Old 15-09-2021, 01:27 PM
Gold Member

I read the Thorn Birds too just gave a copy to my mother who's now retired and is catching up on her reading. King Rat is a doozy Clavells best actually film and book outstanding. I've read the small print on a council tax bill hence I usually go for the book when I've seen a good film. I'll stop and read the graffiti. The Magnificent 7 is basically a remake of Seven Samurai. Seen both loved 7 Samurai more.

Love ma Japanese por... Better not go there

Last edited by Dollscience; 15-09-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 15-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I've no interest in travel or other cultures but absolutely love Japan, if I won the lottery its the one place I'd go to. Mt fuji by motorbike would be like a dream for me, and of course fliss would demand a visit to the smart doll shop where she could meet some friends.

Has anyone seen James may in Japan or guy Martin in Japan? Excellent programmes if you like James and guy
Old 15-09-2021, 09:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

The video isn't showing. You only need to put in the last part of the link. i.e. the YMGf3zyhG94 bit.
Thank you! I did sort of know this already but as the video popped up regardless I just assumed it was fine without pushing the button.

But you should always push the button, always. Especially if it's large red and flashing.

Let's try this again with some more Japanese punky favourites...Tricot, featuring Hiromi "HiroHiro" Sagane looking super awesome in this video, it's the hair that does it for me...

I'm not going to start posting Zeuhl as it's most definitely an acquired taste...but then this is a Japanese culture appreciation thread so let's start with the cover art from Koenji Hyakkei's Dhorimviskha. Beautiful.

Old 15-09-2021, 10:04 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Inspired by Lord Cabbage's excellent thread - Not as good as a doll. But...
Aww!!! I'm a Lord now!? SO COOL!!! Thank you!

When it comes to Japan; i know basically nothing. It's a country isn't it? The strangest thing has happened to me in the past few months though. In the past, i've never really been attracted to oriental girls... but i've watched some anime lately, started listening to the soundtracks for them... which are all Japanese and even checking out members of the groups singing the tracks... i now find myself VERY attracted to SOME oriental girls. Exposure and all that i guess!
Old 15-09-2021, 11:47 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Aww!!! I'm a Lord now!? SO COOL!!! Thank you!

... i now find myself VERY attracted to SOME oriental girls.
No problem Sir

And talking of Japanese babes and attraction, I found a slightly better video with that super cute redhead in

5 cute ladies, but the one with the red hair is next level Absolutely not got a scooby what is going on, but as long as there are cute Japanese babes like this, I know the world is an okay place.

I love Japanese culture