UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2023, 05:44 PM
Diamond Member

Sounds interesting Brit. Happy to have a chat. I assume this is a paid gig?

Psion
Old 11-03-2023, 08:41 AM
Site Owner

red_h3ad

I have to congratulate you.

You're the first Journo in my time here that's had the brains to post directly on the site, I normally have to give them a kick up their backside to stop them upsetting members with unsolicited private messages.

Personally this is not my thing, I am sure some members will help.

Best of Luck.

Tommo
Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/victoria.ash.1257

Old 11-03-2023, 01:18 PM
Bronze Member

I'm happy to have a chat about this over email or private message under the guarantee of anonymity. This is for professional reasons, not because I'm ashamed. I'm sure we can all agree that as doll fans we're a somewhat unique - and very often maligned - fringe group.

I hope that anything written about the community will be done so with genuine respect and integrity, and not for cheap thrills or clickbait.
Jess (WM #233 on shared Kimber body)
Kelly (WM#273 on shared Kimber body)
Mila (WM #335 on shared Kimber body)
Old 12-03-2023, 06:23 PM
Gold Member

I was looking on TDF today and saw this: https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164110

If you're a journalist looking for insight - this is a post about an 8 year relationship with a doll, so sounds a lot like what you're looking for in terms of information.
Old 13-03-2023, 02:43 PM

I've only just checked this again after the weekend – thank you so much to everyone who's replied! I really appreciate the responses and advice. I'll reply individually to those interested. Thanks again!
Old 13-03-2023, 04:58 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willendorph View Post
I was looking on TDF today and saw this: https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164110

If you're a journalist looking for insight - this is a post about an 8 year relationship with a doll, so sounds a lot like what you're looking for in terms of information.
that was a lovely story.. thanks for sharing

Old 30-03-2023, 02:10 PM

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that my story has gone live: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifest...r-ai-sex-dolls

Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to speak to anyone from the UK Love Doll Forum, but I really appreciate people responding to me and agreeing to contribute. I'll be sure to get in contact should I write about the community again (which I'd like to!).

I hope you all like the piece, and you feel it reflects the community well.

Thanks again!
Old 30-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Platinum coloured Poppet & Pigeon

I enjoyed reading the article. Thanks for sharing.
On the whole it was a balanced presentation of doll ownership. Although, in my opinion, it did fall in to the trap of trying to justify and explain doll companionship to the wider community when many - including myself - don't seek to or feel the need to validate our existence.
I'm still waiting for the article to be written that focuses on the guy that has had hundreds of lovers, retains many female friends, has no negative opinion or terrible experience with women but simply prefers the company and intimacy of dolls to real people. There's this need to outline issues, inadequacies or relationship failures as if it's a path in to this strange world. What about the confident, attractive, happy, sociable successful guy that just digs living with dolls?
I'll have to wait a little longer it seems.
But I did enjoy reading your article. It was thoughtful and well written

Last edited by After Dark; 30-03-2023 at 03:06 PM.
Old 30-03-2023, 04:56 PM
Banned

My view is different to AD's.

I found the piece to have too many little... not so much errors as me thinking "No, thats not right".... to really get past. It wasn't a hatchet job which was nice and I think that the sort of things that I was picking up on were not really the sort of things that most readership of GQ wouldn't pick up on.

well, maybe with the exception of "artificial doll"... That would be a breather ... No worries, easy mistake when one is excited about writing a peice on such a fantastic subject.

I won't go through all of the mistakes that I found as, as I say, they are things that we notice but anyone outside this world wouldn't.... Actually... Except maybe the line that singles out ODC and TDF but then puts us in brackets next to TDF as their UK equivalent.... Way to get us all back in our trenches that Tommo's only just managed to nail a do not enter sign on.

That may not make sense... Think of it that you just wrote "Ford, General Motors (and their German counterpart BMW)".

Bet that just made Tommo's day seeing the site link in GQ... Said tongue in cheek. We're going to get a load of peeps appearing for five minutes and all of them are going to need to be approved and monitored by him (Tommo mate... either put the new members shutters up for a month or come join us in the trenches ).

Oh, and that Mrs potato head doll Of all of the dolls images that could be used you just have to look at her hands to know the quality of that one. Anyone could go to Jinsan and buy a dozen different girls that look more like the woman in the pic than the one that she's got sat next to her. Being fair she probably just wants to make as much money as possible so buy cheap as chips, slap your name on it and add a zero to the price tag.... Make hay while the sun shines and all that

I think that another opportunity has been missed to show these girls as we see them. I don't think that it was a bad peice but it just seemed to go over the same old ground in the same way with the same people in it that have been in so many articles and TV programs before.

You should have spoken to Lulu. Your article would have been completely different... And I wouldn't be sitting here scratching my head thinking.... Revere Realldoll???.... Think that you spelt Jinsan incorrectly .

Anyway, congrats on getting published. Its not really my cup of tea but thanks for not doing a hatchet job on us.

Shamus.
Old 30-03-2023, 05:29 PM
Golden Diamond Member

I saw plenty of positives in it, although I did pick up on a few things (UK counterpart indeed!) And yes, if I'd got involved in this there certainly would have been a different female viewpoint. I didn't offer because I'd literally just spent a lot of time helping another person with a similar project. But on the whole I thought this was a decent article.