UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Who's Who - Meet The Dolls

Old 11-05-2022, 01:49 PM
Gold Member

Just some thoughts

Clearly Regina will need a really nice wig that you both are happy with. No question there.

Ann has implanted hair, it is "falling" out at a depressing rate. This is not due to rough handling or brushing tangles, it seems to be relatively immune to tangles. I can see at some point she will have to have a hair cut then have a wig.

My other girls have wigs from 20 to 120. They all seem to loose hair but perhaps the shorter or more expensive ones less than the others.

Higher density and double drawn sounds really good advice. Up close it is possible to see the cap through the hair on most of the ones the girls have.

Lace or no lace doesn't seem to be a problem. I just tuck the lace under the front of the wig after all i don't want to glue it to the girls head.

One other thought - at 950, why not get a lower priced wig and a second different head
Old 11-05-2022, 02:48 PM
Platinum Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Ann has implanted hair, it is "falling" out at a depressing rate. This is not due to rough handling or brushing tangles, it seems to be relatively immune to tangles. I can see at some point she will have to have a hair cut then have a wig.
This is why I've never been a fan of the implanted hair idea, unless its not on the head

With implanted hair its not fixed in at all, merely punched into the silicone several inches, and relies on the grab of the silicone to stay in.

I looks lovely, but brushing, styling, and general day to day, will take their toll on the fibres if you have an active doll and/or she spends her nights in bed with you. Eventually it will be "Ellen Ripley" time and a wig.

These are also the same reasons I dont go for expensive wigs. To each their own, but I personally havent seen the need. The wigs we use here range from 10 to 20 quid, and are basically disposable, though most last over a year, and that include Xiaoli's which has been slept with and restyled numerous times, and Maddies which is still her first one. OK thos 2 do ahve some frizzy ends, and If I were looking for perfection I'd change them over, but even at 20 quid a month I'd class them as disposable if i wanted perfect hair every day of the week.

Just my 2p.

K

Click the pics for their threads...
"...there was an odd smell of fish coming from it.." The Tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws
Old 11-05-2022, 03:29 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I agree to the perils of the implanted hair. Regina with implanted hair (main pic at beginning) looks absolutely stunning. However i know that it won't last, it will wear, drop out etc.

Now I did ask for a wig like what the implanted hair looks like, but the wig that she was photoed with is nothing like as good. She might yet come with a nicer wig but i don't expect it. That's why I'm buying such a nice one this time. Next wig i may change the style and have something cheaper, but for now i want her to look as close to the implanted hair as possible.

Gary and Kimberley

Old 11-05-2022, 03:43 PM
Gold Member

I disagree Karrot.

"Expensive" wigs really are a lot better. They shed less, monofilament tops are amazing, the hair feels nicer, they last longer... My girls usually wear these: https://www.naturalimagewigs.co.uk/H...spired-MP.html

I got them for 35 on Amazon about 2 years ago, along with the longer "Dream" and "Infinity" styles for about the same price in the same colour.

Ideally I was after a lighter platinum blonde, but finding a bargain like that was irresistible. It also felt a bit more real - it's not like we get to pick the hair colour of other people in real life.

I really like that my girls have a selection of really good quality wigs all in the same colour that fit perfectly. They've worn the shorter bob for most of the 18 months I've had them and those wigs are still good as new.

I guess the golden question is would I spend 200 on a wig? Honestly, not sure. If you aren't too picky you can find 200 wigs waaaay cheaper. If you want something very specific then it's going to cost.
Old 11-05-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
at 950, why not get a lower priced wig and a second different head
Is this addressed to me?
If it is then, er...if I wanted those things, then I would have got those things??
If it isn't, then nowhere am I suggesting that this is the amount anyone should spend on a wig. This is an example of what you can expect to spend, if you want your girl to have gloriously abundant hair. Personal preference.
Sorry to take Regina's thread even further off topic, Gary. Enough said on the matter of wigs now, I think.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:08 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Is this addressed to me?
If it is then, er...if I wanted those things, then I would have got those things??
If it isn't, then nowhere am I suggesting that this is the amount anyone should spend on a wig. This is an example of what you can expect to spend, if you want your girl to have gloriously abundant hair. Personal preference.
Sorry to take Regina's thread even further off topic, Gary. Enough said on the matter of wigs now, I think.
Just a thought, no bad intended
Old 12-05-2022, 08:09 AM
Gold Excellence Member

The wig i discovered could take up to 27 days to arrive so i ordered it now. It'll keep in box if it comes before Regina.

Gary and Kimberley

Old 12-05-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaGreen View Post
The wig i discovered could take up to 27 days to arrive so i ordered it now. It'll keep in box if it comes before Regina.
Great news. Same one from the link? Did they tell you the density?
Old 12-05-2022, 08:17 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Great news. Same one from the link? Did they tell you the density?
Yes same as link. No they never got back to me but it'll be a 300% improvement on what I been using before, whatever the density I'm sure. (30% the price too lol).

I have another head lined up that the wig that comes with her will fit I'm sure. Then I have two personalities to photograph Reminds me I need to get some more pics done before the onslaught of dance shows during June and July! I have an insane 2 months coming!

Gary and Kimberley

Old 12-05-2022, 08:26 AM

For a very expensive wig like that, I would strongly suggest the brush I recommended elsewhere:

https://www.tangleteezer.com/shop/de...ndelion-burst/

It's not cheap, but i've been using Tangle Teezer for 18 months, and I trust their claim of the softest bristles for the least amount of damage. Also, the handle gives the brush some centrifugal weight, and you want to let gravity do the work when brushing, not force.
I have a link to a professional wig cleaning service too, if that's something that interests you? After wrecking my first doll's wig trying to wash it myself, it's something I'll never attempt again with wigs that cost this much.