UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 14-05-2022, 10:39 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaGreen View Post
To me you have some quite amazing girls Shamus and that's no lie, each individual and each really beautiful. I'm going to attempt freckles something like Sandy's on Kim later today .... Fingers crossed.
Cheers for the kind words. I just try to find in them what is already there Its taken a lot of regular beatings from Karrot, Algae and Mandos to get to this stage of realism and I reccon I've still got a long way to go yet.

First one I did the freckles on I was shitting myself that I was going to mess it up (so I did it on an Irontech head first ).

Try on the underside of the neck (the flat surface where the TPE supports the head only accessible by removing the head) or soles of the feet where they will not be seen before attempting on the face.

Also study actual womens freckle distributions to give to a plan.

I try to concentrate around the bridge of the nose fading accross the upper cheeks with some out lyers beyond the eyes and above the nose. There are many other freckle distribution patterns to go for but that one works for me.

Also, remember not to be too uniform. Freckles don't happen naturally in lines.

Good luck

Shamus.
Old 14-05-2022, 11:18 AM
Active New Member

Maybe, just for the sake of the argument, i'll reword myself and say the face is the least of my worries.
On the other hand, I had a look around and I think it's best to inspect the actual dolls in person. Does anyone recommend any uk suppliers that allow visits. I came across lucidtoys/neodoll that require a 50 deposit but the inspection is limited to 3 dolls I believe? I'm actually thinking of taking a closer look at each manufacturer. I'm not too keen to order something i'll end up getting rid of.
Old 14-05-2022, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

Freckle stencil.
Old 14-05-2022, 12:26 PM
Golden Diamond Member

With Lucid you have several manufacturers of varying quality. They started out by using their own naming conventions only adopting the manufacturers names later so as a guide:

Allure = 6YE
Racy = Irontech
Sugarbabe = JY
Soulmate = SM

All of the above are good manufacturers which we will talk about in a minute

Their own brand dolls (Neodoll) are made by Jarliet who as entry level mass producer of sex dolls. There is nothing wrong with them per se but these sort of dolls tend to be lower quality copies of the better brands.

I'll cover the above 4 brands, Piper (D4E) and Firedoll. I won't cover Neodoll, Climax, CST, XY, YouQ, Zelex or IL doll.

The girls whose images Karrot and myself posted in this thread are all Jinsan girls which is the manufacturer that (with good reason) others attempt to copy. Lucid do not sell Jinsan girls.

Ok, lets cover the six that I'll take (in no particular order):

1) 6YE
very nice girls. Some lovely faces. Bodies can be a little more rubery than Jinsan girls. For example, with the lights off in bed with a Jinsan girl you can have real difficulty determining whether or not the girl in bed with you is a breather or not. The latest TPE blends can be that good. 6YE TPE is not quite to that standard.
The Amor range (if you can find them. When Lucid get them they sell fast) are the most anatomically correct with their bits actually where they are supposed to be. That actually poses problems with the design and manufacture process so they generally command a premium price over the standard 6YE bodies.
Known issues with 6YE's are that they seem to be more prone to faults under their arms so always worth checking for tears before purchase.

2) Irontech
There are very few Irontech faces that appeal to me personally their bodies are gorgeous. The TPE is soft and warm but it is a little less realistic than many other brands.
The skeletons on Irontech girls are some of the best in the market. Workes as both a bed girl and a model. I have quite a few irontechs... All of them have had their heads replaced with Jinsan ones.
Note that Irontech skin tones do not always work well with girls from other families.

3) JY
For a sex doll the uterus vagina available on some JY's sets them appart from the competition. They have some heads that are as good as Jinsan heads and make quality girls.
They did have quality control issues a few years back so if you read about JY issues thats old news long since resolved.
Not the greatest skeletons but nice TPE

4) SM
Some lovely heads and fantastic bodies. Love their TPE which in white can be almost D4E level soft. In my experience though they tend to have very poor hands.
TPE girls in general that have wired hands are not very robust but I find SM hands in general to be the worst that I have encountered. That said, the rest of their quality is great and the one girl that I do get intimate with here is an SM body.

5) Firedoll
These guys are ex Jinsan who stole some designs and set up on their own. In principle I will not have one as they lack honour but the heads that look like Jinsan heads are not copies as such but heads cast in the same moulds by the same people as would have happened at Jinsan two years ago.
Buying a Firedoll though is like buying a Porche boxer. The only reason that you buy one is that the better Porche 911 is too expensive. So it is with Firedoll versus Jinsan. Similar in so many ways but I don't see them making a dent on Jinsan P&L.

6) Piper / Dollforever / Dollhouse 168
These brands are all part of Mizuwali's empire. The actuall group name is Jiangmen. These girls can be marshmallow soft but at the same time are a lot more robust than competitor supersoft blends of TPE.
Soft TPE cannot hope to carry the level of detail of more traditional blends but the designs are a lot more anime so they don't need it.
These girls do lose a lot of oil but there is no smell to it as Mizuwali only uses top quality ingredients in the mix... Just don't prop one of hig girls against a wall
I really reate these... But... They need love and care.

Of the above, despite the hand issues (I actually had a finger fall off one of my girls, lol) I would say that SM is a good all around girl that could make most people happy. Nice faces, good bodies, soft TPE, good enough skeleton with realistic posing ability.

JY with uterus function and Gel breasts would be THE option for a girl for sex (I suspect this is the one that you will go for)

Irontech is the warmest TPE with the best skeleton.

Piper/D4E is the softest (and they are really, really sweet).

6YE is probably the most realistic of the above although factory makeup can be very basic so takes a bit of work to really find the girl.

ok, so endest war and peace volume 26

HTH,

Shamus.

p.s. when I talk about Jinsan that is a collective term for WM Doll, WM Dolls, YL, OR, Angelkiss and although they deny direct links, SE.
Old 14-05-2022, 12:52 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Cheers for the kind words. I just try to find in them what is already there Its taken a lot of regular beatings from Karrot, Algae and Mandos to get to this stage of realism and I reccon I've still got a long way to go yet.

First one I did the freckles on I was shitting myself that I was going to mess it up (so I did it on an Irontech head first ).

Try on the underside of the neck (the flat surface where the TPE supports the head only accessible by removing the head) or soles of the feet where they will not be seen before attempting on the face.

Also study actual womens freckle distributions to give to a plan.

I try to concentrate around the bridge of the nose fading accross the upper cheeks with some out lyers beyond the eyes and above the nose. There are many other freckle distribution patterns to go for but that one works for me.

Good luck

Shamus.
Thanks Shamus. All great advice i will be following.

Gary and Kimberley

Old 14-05-2022, 12:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
3) JY
For a sex doll the uterus vagina available on some JY's sets them appart from the competition. They have some heads that are as good as Jinsan heads and make quality girls.
They did have quality control issues a few years back so if you read about JY issues thats old news long since resolved.
Not the greatest skeletons but nice TPE
Trash skeletons. So bad that Zoe's back broke within 6 months despite being incredibly careful.

- No hand plates.
- Crappy finger wires into the wrists.
- No double jointed elbows.
- No twist on the ankles.
- No forward/back shrug.

Again, back broke within 6 months. Back joint sheared off the hip bar - the weld held, but the hip bar metal was of such poor quality that the metal around the weld failed and sheared away. She arrived Jan 2020, was confined to a box while I worked out WTF to do with her by June.

Also, hard disagree on the TPE. Zoe had platinum TPE. The TPE was stinky on arrival and remained stinky until the day I had to dispose of her broken body. Also, the TPE was hard, felt rubbery.

JY are probably fine if you never play with them, just stand or sit them somewhere and never touch them.

If you want to play with your doll then I think JY is a huge risk. You're essentially throwing money at a doll that may well only last 6 months.

Maybe I got unlucky, but I would never take that gamble again and I'd never recommend anyone else to either.
Old 14-05-2022, 01:15 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willus View Post
Trash skeletons. So bad that Zoe's back broke within 6 months despite being incredibly careful.

- No hand plates.
- Crappy finger wires into the wrists.
- No double jointed elbows.
- No twist on the ankles.
- No forward/back shrug.

Again, back broke within 6 months. Back joint sheared off the hip bar - the weld held, but the hip bar metal was of such poor quality that the metal around the weld failed and sheared away.

Also, hard disagree on the TPE. Zoe had platinum TPE. The TPE was stinky on arrival and remained stinky until the day I had to dispose of her broken body. Also, the TPE was hard, felt rubbery.

JY are probably fine if you never play with them, just stand or sit them somewhere and never touch them.

If you want to play with your doll then I think JY is a huge risk. You're essentially throwing money at a doll that may well only last 6 months.

Maybe I got unlucky, but I would never take that gamble again and I'd never recommend anyone else to either.
Have a read of some of Captain Rocks threads about his two JY's (especially the orgeous Lucy who I have a cruh on). Also some of PD's girs are JY's.

I've got to ask, how long ago did you buy the JY and was she from Lucid? The room clearing smell I hought had been sorted. It was down to poor quality oil used in the mix but they got in a new production manager who sorted that out... Then they got rid of him but thats a whole other story.

I would be quite happy for Lucid to come on now and tell me that I am wrong but when they state sugarbabes they say Neojoy Sugarbabes.... Are they saying then that they are JY heads with Jarliet bodies?

Those girls they have that have uterus vagina's must be JY's as they are the only company that does them.

On the matter of breaking back I've heard of that happening to a 6YE as well. In that case it was a design flaw that the model had huge solid boobs but just a standard skeleton that couldn't take it.

Shamus.
Old 14-05-2022, 01:24 PM
Platinum Diamond Member

Ive seen (and repaired) a DS doll that had exactly the same hip/spine break so its not just JY who can suffer from the welds messing up the thing tubes of the skeleton.

Also, on the point of the "Uterus" vagina.....er....the Uterus isnt the bit Captain Winky goes in.......... so er....... um confuseled.....

K

Click the pics for their threads...
"...there was an odd smell of fish coming from it.." The Tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws
Old 14-05-2022, 01:29 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Also, on the point of the "Uterus" vagina.....er....the Uterus isnt the bit Captain Winky goes in.......... so er....... um confuseled.....

K
Its just what they call it.

I had similar sceptisism that they had ever attended any anatomy lessons
Old 14-05-2022, 01:36 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Have a read of some of Captain Rocks threads about his two JY's (especially the orgeous Lucy who I have a cruh on). Also some of PD's girs are JY's.
They have some good-looking body sculpts and some very pretty faces. I don't dispute that. What I'm saying is that if you play with your doll - for example I would pose Zoe for photos often, and used her back joint a lot - then beware. The metal of the skeleton is brittle and fragile.

No offence to PD, but I get the impression he's more careful than I was, and doesn't really ever bend his doll's back joints from the photos of his that I have seen.

Quote:
I've got to ask, how long ago did you buy the JY and was she from Lucid? The room clearing smell I hought had been sorted. It was down to poor quality oil used in the mix but they got in a new production manager who sorted that out... Then they got rid of him but thats a whole other story.
Arrived Jan 2020, in a box awaiting disposal by June. Not from Lucid. I paid 1200 for a doll that lasted about 5 months. I'll never give JY another chance.

Quote:
On the matter of breaking back I've heard of that happening to a 6YE as well. In that case it was a design flaw that the model had huge solid boobs but just a standard skeleton that couldn't take it.

Shamus.
Like I said, maybe I got unlucky, but I'd never take that risk again and I would never recommend anyone else to either.

Out of interest - have you ever had any JY dolls?