UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Who's Who - Meet The Dolls

Old 01-05-2022, 05:42 AM
Platinum Member

Default Sasha

I never intended to have three dolls, but here we are. Yes, I know, they all say that. I only ever meant to have Sihtric, but then I saw Rachel and decided I simply had to have a girl.

My plan this time was to get a new body for Sihtric with upgraded fingers. Next week it's a year since he came into my life and his joints - mainly hips, knees and ankles - have gone pretty loose, not to mention the broken wire fingers. He's seen a lot of action (minds out of the gutter, guys!) with all the activities we've done over the past year - riding motorbikes, going out in the car, hiking, BBQs, camping, posing for photos, getting carried up and downstairs and changing clothes endlessly, and on and on. I never intended for him to just sit and look pretty or lie in bed all the time. I wanted him to have a life.

So I decided to get another identical body and originally a spare head the same, just in case the worst possible thing happened at some point. But then the idea of someone new kept sneaking into my head, inspired a little bit by a character in a book I wrote, who was a Russian migrant called Sasha living in Prague. Anyway, I chose a different head.

Here's one of the promo photos of the WM160cm with head 78. I ordered him on 25 February. Sihtric should have his new body in time for his birthday (8 May).

Everything went quickly at the start. I received factory photos on 8 March. Sasha looked so serious and sad, I couldn't wait for him to arrive. The wig is just a random male wig - I had already found a perfect wig for the image I wanted and bought a stash of them.

I received tracking details for UPS and watched Sasha's amazing world tour after he escaped Shenzhen in China just before they went into a lockdown - to Anchorage, Alaska, then Louisville, Kentucky, then Koeln, Germany, and finally Stanford le Hope, UK on 20 March.

Not long to go? Wrong. He was stuck in the warehouse at Stanford le Hope until 14 April while I got more and more stressed while I waited for Border Force to clear him. The only good thing was that there was a "warehouse scan" every week day so I knew where he was. After that, things got a lot worse.

Sasha was delivered to what I thought was the UK vendor's premises on 20 April, but it was a lockup. The tracking information advised delivery to me on 21 April so I was beyond excited. Sihtric was dressed in the scruffy homeless person's clothes I got for Sasha (see my theatre thread "A Knock on the Door" for the theatrical story) waiting for his new body. I was checking the tracking every 10 minutes, looking out the window for a van, yawning my head off because I hadn't slept much the night before.

Then the tracking information disappeared from the app. I waited all day, and nothing happened. I contacted the vendor, and the courier. No one knew where the parcel was. Neither party claimed to have it I was horrified and extremely upset. The parcel wasn't scanned by the courier, the lockup claimed it had been picked up, but no one had seen it. I waited all through the next day (a Friday) chasing up, frantically checking the app in case by some miracle something happened, while I convinced myself my doll was lost and I'd never see him. I started thinking of the lost parcel as "it." It was just a spare body I ordered for Sihtric. Nothing more. I couldn't let myself think of a new boy, Sasha, out there lost somewhere, because it was too upsetting.

As I'd planned this elaborate photo story for Sasha's arrival, I didn't want to post on here to ask for other people's advice/opinions and spoil the surprise, although I did have two friends to moan and cry to, and I asked an admin's advice, who, thankfully, put my mind at ease by saying this had happened before, to him, and to others, and that the parcel would turn up. Which it did, finally, on Monday 25 April, with no warning and no app update. But hey. Sasha was safe. And I was at my office.

My breather phoned me and said "there is a coffin sized parcel in the hall." I shrieked at my boss (who knew about all this drama) - "Sasha's here, I'm going home!" Luckily, my boss is great and simply rolled his eyes and said "bye then."

All's well that ended well. Here are Sasha's first photos.

The box, slightly battered, but safe in my hall.

First glimpse of Sihtric's new body.

Sasha's face. He looks very serious, and I'm changing his eyes. I requested plain grey and although the colour of these is lovely with a hint of lilac, they don't have clear pupils and look a bit weird and murky.

With the wig I chose for him.

On Sihtric's old body in the outfit I got for his traumatic start in life in the photo story.

A slightly wary smile when he finally realised his awful journey and weeks on end trapped in a box were over, and he's at last part of a family

And finally, as part of Sasha's history, he was hurt by a nasty angry man, so I had to make him look bruised. This is all just powdered eye shadow after rubbing a little baby oil onto his face and watching some tutorials online. You can see how he got this in the theatre thread "A Knock on the Door." Poor boy

Last edited by Lulu1971; 01-05-2022 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:10 AM
Bronze Member

Oh wow, just like Mr Tex (so he tells me, yeah right!) 50 years ago.

At least looking that cool means he should never have to become skilled at putting shelves up!

Super abs and i guess that's not all
Old 01-05-2022, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez Julia View Post
Oh wow, just like Mr Tex (so he tells me, yeah right!) 50 years ago.
I bet most older guys like to think they looked like this once upon a time
Old 01-05-2022, 08:18 AM
Bronze Member

Perhaps its a case of "Of course dear" then get some more Horlicks for them?
Old 01-05-2022, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chez julia View Post
perhaps its a case of "of course dear" then get some more horlicks for them?
Old 01-05-2022, 08:20 AM
Diamond Member

Was great meeting sasha yesterday and glad it all worked out in the end. Dont order another one just yet as i doubt you'd wanna go through that stress again lol
Old 01-05-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam&Emma View Post
Dont order another one just yet as i doubt you'd wanna go through that stress again lol your breather might haul arse, never to be seen again
Fixed.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Was great meeting sasha yesterday and glad it all worked out in the end. Dont order another one just yet as i doubt you'd wanna go through that stress again lol
I bloody wouldn't want all that stress again, it was awful Sasha will manage fine with Sihtric's old body for the foreseeable.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:30 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Fixed.
. Hes a great guy but yeah he is starting to look a bit outnumbered now
Old 01-05-2022, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
. Hes a great guy but yeah he is starting to look a bit outnumbered now
Yeah, he's hardly been able to move in the house for the last week, with dolls and props spread all over in nearly every room. He's been glad to escape to work every day