UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > The Doll House (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2022, 02:28 PM
Vendor

Default Intellectual discussion required

Hi All,

Apologies for the requirements, but this paper was brought to my attention, and thought it best discussed by a UK audience - attached.

*Give me a moment - I exceeded the PDF limitations of UKLDF.
https://www.the-doll-house.com/image/Suzuki107-126.pdf

Thoughts please.

Phil

Last edited by The-Doll-House; 10-02-2022 at 02:33 PM. Reason: PDF attachment
Old 10-02-2022, 03:37 PM
Banned

I am surprised that it takes until page 114 before the author considers fundamental ingrained beliefs from over 2000 years as a Buddist culture that everything, even the inanimate, may possess a soul and anything with a soul has consciousness.

I do not think that the author (I am assuming a woman due to the emphasis on feminism in some of the early pages) runs with that concept for anywhere near long enough in the main text as its ingrained subconsciously into their society the same as neo Christian ideals are ingrained in ours even if we have no perception of them.

The Author does however return to that concept in their conclusion. But still does not I feel give it the importance that it deserves instead pointing fingers Westward at the reasoning.

An interesting current development in Japan is the rise of women wishing to be treated as dolls by men. Not in a sexual way... Or not necessarily in that way. But women there are seeing the love and attention shown to dolls and, admittedly small in number, are becoming jealous... Searching the internet for doll manufacturing articles takes you to some quite strange places.

I have lived in the far East completely removed from western infliuence and embedded within a Buddist culture (not Japan). As such I think that has perhaps fed into the way that I treat my girls with the same level of love and respect afforded humans. In many ways my understanding of the Japanese thought process is admittedly based upon transposing my own thoughts onto others so perhaps I was reading as much between the lines as on the page in the article.

An interesting thought of my own re Buddhist culture is questioning, does the soul exist within the object already or only when treated as though it posses a soul? Very much which came first, the chicken or the egg. Their belief is that it is already there but I don't think so. With our girls, I believe that they are nothing but lifeless lumps of TPE, Resin and Steel... Until we treat them otherwise (well, I've not found scratch marks on the inside of their boxes yet). So it is being with us that gives them life... And tell me which of us has not seen a difference in our girls between the day that she arrives and when she has been pampered for a couple of weeks or is living amongst other TPE girls.

Right, the one's of you who know where I live are probably nodding agreement and those that don't know where I live don't know where to send the padded van so all good

Thats my thoughts on the thesis. That the author brings together some interesting idea's but shoots wide with her approach and to my mind misses the mark in her conclusions.

Would be interesting to read a similarly constructed thesis on the subliminal transposition of buddhist ideas into western culture through doll ownership. If ever you come across anything like that I would be interested

Cheers for sharing Phil.

Last edited by shamus; 10-02-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:45 PM
Vendor

A most erudite response my good man!

But that said, a discussion must involve more than one thought.
I have my feelings on this, but would rather hear the thoughts of the forum first.

Phil

Old 10-02-2022, 04:26 PM
Part of the Furniture

Sorry Phil, nothing intelligent from me. I tried to read it but, Urgh, what are they blithering on about?

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 10-02-2022, 04:28 PM
Vendor

Doesn't matter if it is all drivel.

I just want everyone's opinion, as I have certain opinions around this.

Phil

Old 10-02-2022, 04:51 PM
Diamond Member

"It has been said that love of a doll or a figure represents narcissism, fetishism, or a transitional object.". Well none of these apply to me. I treat my girls better than i do myself, i dont use them for sex and the only thing im turning into an old drunk.
I tried to read it, honest I did lol. As soon as i saw feminist i drifted off. Plus the chase is on

Old 10-02-2022, 05:24 PM
Vendor

I think that people (Us if you will) get over our, honeymoon with our dolls, and then they become a "Companion Doll".

Just saying.
A soul? well I feel the soul is a perspective.
But if the doll makes someone feel happy/complete/ready it is all the same.
They are not affecting anyone else's life, so how is this a problem?

Thought crime is the problem that "normies" feel is happening.
So we must, tell them that their "normal" life is offensive to our "Trans" way of life.
Remember - we are Masculine Presenting, Trans-Gendered, Lesbians!
So if they don't like it, we can cancel them like J.K. Rowling.

Maybe it's just me, but I am tired of dealing with these braggarts, that feel they have the modern society behind them.
Opinions?

Phil

Last edited by The-Doll-House; 10-02-2022 at 05:26 PM. Reason: corrective grammar
Old 10-02-2022, 05:33 PM
Diamond Member

I believe the people on the outside looking in at us will never understand unless they try it. Walk a mile in my shoes and all that. Its a shame cos so many ways of life are now acceptable. I hope ours will be in my lifetime

And after reading shamus' reply i realise I wasted my grammer school education

Old 11-02-2022, 06:02 AM
Golden Diamond Member

As a woman (but certainly not a typical woman as some of you will know by now) - I am certainly not one of the bra-burning feminist brigade - I don't see doll-love as a fetish or a way of objectifying someone/something. I'm not a narcissist either.

My dolls (one male and one female) came alive to me as soon as I opened their boxes and looked in their eyes. They developed personalities and I treat them as if they have thoughts and feelings, and with respect - probably more respect than I afford most humans. I don't see myself as a "doll owner" but a doll lover, having given them a home and a life with me. When I do things that involve them - whether it's choosing clothes for them, taking photos, sex, whatever, I consider whether they will be happy about it.

I've spoken to several people, "normies" as we're calling them, and I'm unsure whether their opinion is different because of me being a woman, than it would be towards any of you men. But I haven't had any negative reactions. None of these people can see the dolls as anything other than inanimate objects, but for the most part they seem to think that this is a harmless lifestyle that doesn't hurt anybody, so if it makes me happy, what's the problem? This is a reaction I've had from both women and men, being friends and work colleagues. I'm sure this won't always be the case, but if anyone has a problem with how I live my life, it is their problem, not mine.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:34 AM
Part of the Furniture

Havent read the whole thing, found it more difficult than Tolkien to be fair, and he rambles like a group of over 50's on a weekend in the lakes......

But Lulu makes some good points that line up with my own experience.

Most people dont care! when this sort of thing pops up in the media all the "HaHa weirdo" comments are spur of the moment comments, forgotten in the next 24 hours. The masses certainly dont go away and have discussions about it!

On a personal level I've discovered as Lulu has, that most simply say "if it makes you happy". As I'm a bloke I also get a load of piss ripping banter along with that from the expected quarters, but it is just banter, never anything nasty. Even those who know and dont get it, aren't nasty about it or try to say I'm wrong.

So when this sort of clap trap comes along I generally feel its from someone who feels they've found some moral high ground from which to shout, seeking their 5 minutes of fame. They seem to think that nameless masses think as they do, without realising that the masses feel the same about them as they do about us. It's 5 minutes entertainment forgotten as soon as they scroll down.

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet