UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > The Doll House (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2022, 08:00 AM
Platinum coloured Poppet & Pigeon

Pretty much covered everything in the responses from Lulu, Mr K and Adam.

You'd only have to look at my girls to realise they are extremely important to me and that I love each and every one of them. "Love" ...how can one "love" an object ...but as that iconic megastar of the 90's Haddaway once pondered ..."What Is Love?" ...indeed Mr H. Indeed.

Like Mr K I have a general acceptance of my lifestyle in the public domain and also get the piss ripped out of me too by my mates. But all in good taste.
The people that judge me are people I have no desire to interact with or give any validity to their opinions either. I'm not living their life and neither would I want to. They're frequently unhappy in their worlds and I'm not. I'm content.

I tried to read the article this morning. I'll go back to it later after I cure my hangover this morning
Old 11-02-2022, 08:41 AM
Part of the Furniture

Drinking on a school night?!?! you delightfully cheeky reprobate!

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 11-02-2022, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post

So when this sort of clap trap comes along I generally feel its from someone who feels they've found some moral high ground from which to shout, seeking their 5 minutes of fame. They seem to think that nameless masses think as they do, without realising that the masses feel the same about them as they do about us. It's 5 minutes entertainment forgotten as soon as they scroll down.

K
With this one its a thesis so the person is to my mind either doing a Masters or a doctorate so unlike the tabloid articles this one will stick around and be referenced by others.

I think that the author had much less bias than some scholarly articles that I have read but at the same time they seemed to come to the work with a conclusion looking for data to support their conclusion rather than to form it.

They also seem to largely ignore the elephant in the room which is an ingrained cultural belief that everything, even the inanimate is capable of possessing a soul and by extension is alive. That underlying belief feeds into Eastern literature and should have been the focus of this study but it seems that feminism and gender studies gets in the way of logic... When I were a lad Gender studies was eyeing up the talent on a Friday night. Now it seems to be about women telling men what we are thinking and why whilst not actually having any clue. But, if you can show that you put a lot of effort into getting the evidence to support the conclusions that you already had then the conclusion must be correct.

Lol on Tolkein. I had read the hobbit and loved it so to kill two birds with one stone for my A level English I did a study of how Norse and Germanic mythology influenced the Lord of the Rings... Seemed such a bright idea expecing Lotr to be as easy a read as the Hobbit There were times when it felt as though he spent whole tracts of the book describing a blade of grass growing... And then something mportant would happen and you almost had to go back and read it as your mind had gone to sleep. A shorter, more exciting version of Lotr is The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brookes. Pretty much the same story but shorter... Much, much shorter. Sorry, getting off topic there from gender studies and onto something a little more meaningful.

Back to the paper. I pondered it after skim reading it yesterday and the underlying message seems to relate to the desire to impose absolute control... Which just made me think... You really don't know our girls!
Old 11-02-2022, 10:58 AM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
.... but it seems that feminism and gender studies gets in the way of logic...
Thats the sum total of it all right there!

and Tolkien, LOTR. 47 pages about grass growing, 1 paragraph for a pivotal moment in the story, you know , like the Battle of Helms Deep or something.....

K

We also Tweet
Old 11-02-2022, 11:48 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

Back to the paper. I pondered it after skim reading it yesterday and the underlying message seems to relate to the desire to impose absolute control... Which just made me think... You really don't know our girls!
Well i definitely have zero control with my 3. Im just a butler lol.
Ooh... A text!..... "Dont be late home from work again. Ive already missed the chase once this week!!!!
Yes M'lady

Old 11-02-2022, 11:58 AM
Platinum coloured Poppet & Pigeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Drinking on a school night?!?! you delightfully cheeky reprobate!

K
I finished a job early...
Today was going to be a photoshoot with a certain birthday girl but I really haven't progressed beyond coffee yet
Old 11-02-2022, 01:05 PM
Part of the Furniture

Oh you rascal!

K

We also Tweet
Old 12-02-2022, 01:37 PM
SysAdmin

Just from the comments here I know that I don not want/like to read it. I tried it either way but my English isn't good enough to understand most of it so I stopped after a few lines.

But I searched the file name "Suzuki107-126.pdf" and found this: https://scholarworks.calstate.edu/co...ions/sj1394365
=> Date issued: 2013-09
Old 18-02-2022, 12:54 PM

Narcissism involves a lack of an authentic self so a person with this pathological state needs validation from others. A doll cannot give them anything.

The term narcissism is way overused in today's culture and many do not understand what it really is.
Old 18-02-2022, 01:14 PM
Part of the Furniture

Can I also add that I like Boobs.

thanks

K

We also Tweet