UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Doll Maintenance and repair forum.

Old 19-11-2021, 04:17 PM
Platinum Member

Default Getting rid of stains

I thought I would share this experience with you. I'm sure most of you have been here! I spent 6 months being ultra-careful about what clothes I put on Sihtric, what I sat him on, etc and he's never been stained by anything. Then last week when I did my November photo comp entry, I put a tight black jumper on him without testing it or washing it first

Poor Sihtric's hands were stained by the time I had carefully pulled the sleeves over his arms. Stupidly I carried on, thinking I'd just do it quick. He wore the garment about 20 minutes while I took the photos and I quickly took it off. He was black and blue as if he'd been bruised and the staining carried on getting worse over the next hour or two even though he was back in his pale grey and white pyjamas. He had black nipples, black hands and elbows and shoulders and abs, and a really obvious line across his belly where his underwear had stopped the jumper touching his skin. This is the result of that nasty cheap jumper. I didn't take many photos at the time, I was too upset and busy apologising to Sihtric

I read back through a thread I knew I'd seen on here where Arm & Hammer extreme white toothpaste had been recommended. This was about 8pm on Saturday night. I ordered some off Amazon and it arrived on Sunday!

So, this was Sihtric on Sunday afternoon for about 3 hours. After I washed it off I followed it up with an oil wash and a good powdering session.

Sadly, all this effort and there seemed to be very little difference. If anything, he had such bad black patches it looked like I'd been beating him up! I felt terrible, but resolved to give him another toothpaste massage a few days later.

However...

These photos are from today, five days after toothpaste application and oiling, with no further treatments. Apparently, the stains have bleached out over time.

I didn't take a good photo of his stained back last weekend, but it was quite bad and you could see the "patterns" in the ribbed jumper printed on his skin in black, but this is how he looks now.

Awesome result
Old 19-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Lesson learned I feel. He looks to have forgiven you.

Old 19-11-2021, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
Lesson learned I feel. He looks to have forgiven you.
Definitely. I should have known better. I think I got too blase because he wears underwear with a black waistband all the time and they never stain, nor do his black trousers, even without pale leggings underneath. Big relief that the stains went so quickly
Old 19-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Excellent result.

Sithric will also be the newer TPE so my earlier comment to Tommo that that I had only really seen it work with the old type TPE is void.

When I tested it on a head I really caked it on then it came off like peeling back wood glue. I note that it was pretty thinly distributed on Sithric so I'm suspecting th first application loosened the stain and the second pulled it out which would be similar to the results that Tommo had.

So, rubber TPE - one application removal
New type TPE - two applications

Good stuff though isn't it... Plus you are now going to enjoy days filled with minty freshness

Probably need to link this in the toothpaste thread (yep, there is one. ).

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 19-11-2021, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Excellent result.

Sithric will also be the newer TPE so my earlier comment to Tommo that that I had only really seen it work with the old type TPE is void.

When I tested it on a head I really caked it on then it came off like peeling back wood glue. I note that it was pretty thinly distributed on Sithric so I'm suspecting th first application loosened the stain and the second pulled it out which would be similar to the results that Tommo had.

So, rubber TPE - one application removal
New type TPE - two applications

Good stuff though isn't it... Plus you are now going to enjoy days filled with minty freshness

Probably need to link this in the toothpaste thread (yep, there is one. ).

All the best,

Shamus.
He did only actually have one application. I initially daubed it on thick with my finger tips, then wet my hands and massaged it all over him. It stayed quite wet the whole time it was on and I washed it off with a wet cloth, then oiled him.

Definitely good stuff anyway. I bought two tubes so I have spare in case I ever have another brain fart and stain him with anything else (let's hope not!)
Old 19-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Diamond Member

Skyes words.. Not mine lulu...
"give that lulu a slap when you see her next week. Tell her if she aint gonna look after stud then i will. Poor Sihtric"

What can I say. She's always liked him
Old 19-11-2021, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam&Emma View Post
Skyes words.. Not mine lulu...
"give that lulu a slap when you see her next week. Tell her if she aint gonna look after stud then i will. Poor Sihtric"

What can I say. She's always liked him
We should arrange for them to meet each other (although Skye might be disappointed how much of a gentleman he is)
Old 19-11-2021, 06:36 PM
Gold Excellence Member

So pleased that you've got the stains out. Never had it happen that bad but I'd be gutted.

Chitose's goodies are now available in our Etsy Shop
See something you like? Send me a Private Message to get a 20% discount code.
Old 19-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
So pleased that you've got the stains out. Never had it happen that bad but I'd be gutted.
I was very relieved, that's for sure
Old 19-11-2021, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

I started to read your post with horror and anticipation, but then got to the part where it all worked out and felt relief for you and Sihtric

Easy mistake to make and even easier to fall for the 'it's only going to be on him for a matter of minutes' but lesson learnt and you now have knowledge for the future