UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum. > YL Doll Forum.

Old 21-01-2022, 02:43 AM
Bronze Member

Default Ria's head (YL151C +304 head)

Ria has just arrived and I noticed a rather fusty wiff from her head , smells like fusty washing and feint honk of puke. I checked it was not the wig either, its actually her skin . Body smells fine . Is there anything that can be done to get rid of the pong ? Thanks
Old 21-01-2022, 03:32 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Strange. Might be just the smell of TPE - but I've not had a girl smell like what you described. TPE odour should subside over time.

The blanket / sleeping bag she would of come in will hold the smell, so be sure to wash that a couple of times.

As for Ria, try and wash her some mild ladies shampoo or something similar. Also oiling and powdering as well can help remove the smell.
Old 21-01-2022, 04:17 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Sorry, late to the party. Had a bit of issue with the site this evening where I could log in but not read the posts. Just tried the old clear the cookies trick and now all good again. Phew.

Sometimes they have a slight smell which can actually get stronger in the short term before it disappears completely.

The smell will be finishing oil that she will have been covered in during the finishing process to smooth out any slight blemishes in her TPE. I can never quite decide whether the smell is from burnt oil or the oil simply hasn't all disipated / been pulled out by the talc used before the makeup is applied.

But, it is the finishing oil that will cause the smell.

Is she quite a soft TPE blend? I have the impression that they need to be careful with the heat wands with the softer blends which may be why soft TPE tends to arrive more often with that initial quite sickly smell where personally I have never had it with harder blends.

On a positive note thats a pretty sure sign that the head has only just been made. not been sitting on a shelf for months watching all the other girls skipping off to pastures new whilst she lingers there feeling sorry for herself.... Those girls can be so needy, lol.

As for getting rid of the smell... Its a catch 22. If you apply cornflour to pull it out then you would need to give her a makeover which I'm pretty sure you don't want to do yet.

If you try to outlast it, be prepared for it to hang around for up to a couple of weeks before it is gone forever. It may get a little stronger as it disappears but it will only be noticable being very close to her.

Hope that she is otherwise perfect and rest assured that brand new just out of finishing TPE smell will disappear relatively quickly.

Maybe spray a tiny amount of perfume on the pillow between you for a couple of weeks. Quite heady perfumes such as Anais Anais are quite good for overriding it.

HTH,

All the best,

Shamus.

P.s. many congratulations on the new arrival
Old 21-01-2022, 09:58 AM
Gold Member

I've had that problem with heads, I assumed it was the skull rather than the TPE. It goes away in a few weeks.
Old 21-01-2022, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willus View Post
I've had that problem with heads, I assumed it was the skull rather than the TPE. It goes away in a few weeks.
I thought similarly.
Old 21-01-2022, 11:12 AM
Bronze Member

Woke up this morning with a headhache, more like a slight migraine. I very very rarely get them and never when I wake up so I assume its the smell from the head .

Shamus, No , I opted for Normal TPE and yes she is otherwise perfect. I may try a small amount of the wifes perfume. Not too much as scents get on my chest and make me cough .

Yes, it is a sickly burning oil smell too.

I am relieved to hear that it will disappear for good in a few weeks ...hopefully sooner than later. Surprisingly, the fluffy lining and the blanket she came in didnt smell of it at all .

I will pop her head off later and give it a light rub down with some shampoo using the microfiber cloth provided and report back in a couple of days .
Thanks everyone .