UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2023, 08:56 AM
Bronze Member

Default Packing / shipping observations.

I felt I should put something on here re my latest purchase from LT. pls note this is not a criticism.

Sorry if this is a bit rambly

I recently bought a 25kg Zelex torso and in the same order a smaller 9KG torso and some bottles of lube. After the usual DPD protracted attempted / failed 2 try's at delivery all arrived safely except for a slightly bent neck which straightened out OK. The box was knocked around an split but no internal isses except the neck.
The smaller torso and lube had been crudely shoved ontop of the Zelex lady in (presumably) the Zelex box so a box which was marginal at best intended to cope with some 25kg had been significantly overloaded - add to that the double handling by DPD and damage is sure to happen. Even more annoying I know for a fact (I have a DPD account for a small business) that DPD charge by total weight not number of boxes so it would not have cost anymore to box the items seperately. Anyway as I can't help myself I will no doubt be ordering again shortly as I have my beady eye on a Soulmate........
Old 02-06-2023, 10:14 AM
Diamond Member

Welcome to the top of a very slippery slope lol. I do admire those who can stick to having just one. I tried and failed big time. . Glad you're enjoying things

Old 02-06-2023, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
Anyway as I can't help myself I will no doubt be ordering again shortly as I have my beady eye on a Soulmate........
Hiya,

still makes me grind my teeth to hear SM (ShangMei) refered to as Soulmate.

So, which SM is it? I really rate the SM 155D. She was my second girl and I bought the same body again recently. Also got an SM158G and an SM156A here. All in the same white TPE.

If you've not owned one before the SM TPE has a gorgeous feel to it. YL still wins on feeling like real women, but the SM TPE is truly fantastic.

Hands cen be particularly fragile on SM's but that really is the only issue I have with them.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 02-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I had similar issues with DPD last month. The box had been thrown about and one of my girls feet was exposed, her neck was bent and the blanket that was supposed to be covering her wasn't. Luckily there was no damage to her structure.
She is a Soulmate too, my first from them, and I would say she is gorgeous.
What Adam says is true, I couldn't imagine having the one girl, they thrive having company and when I go to work I know they will keep each other entertained.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:19 PM
The Shoe Shrine

I can't comment so much on DPD from LT, I've only had my girls heads sent via courier, their bodies I have physically gone to collect from the LT warehouse. But both my girls heads were fine.

UPS however, didn't treat the Kimberdolls I had very well. Same courier this end, who thumped her up the stairs to my apartment. Three times! He remembered me from the first time and asked if I ordered the same thing and I said to him (without disclosing what was in the box), the first one was damaged due to the logistics. He retorted with, "well they should of packaged it better". Pfft!

My last two girls arrived bespoke delivery, so there was no problems, as the driver knew what was in the boxes and treated them both with respect in their purpose built Dolly Mobile. ❤️
Old 03-06-2023, 05:11 PM
Bronze Member

Please excuse me if I am being massively dense but does that mean SM doll Shang Mei and the "Soulmate" range sold by Lucid are all the same ??
Old 03-06-2023, 05:12 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Yup, I believe so.

- - -
Old 03-06-2023, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
Please excuse me if I am being massively dense but does that mean SM doll Shang Mei and the "Soulmate" range sold by Lucid are all the same ??
Absolutely.

I've got an SM 155D from SM and I've got a Soulmate SM 155D from Lucid and they are identical.

The SM actually stands for ShangMei.
Old 04-06-2023, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavla82 View Post
He retorted with, "well they should of packaged it better". Pfft!
This is 100% the truth though.

Even more so with very heavy items. And most likely it was damaged before the end driver got hold of it. As they are the least likely point of any damage

If goods were packaged appropriately for the goods inside, the weight, and chosen/paid for shipping options, damage would be almost impossible.

I once delivered a rather poor looking cardboard box....turned out it was a fish tank inside.
Yes, the sender was genuinely that stupid they thought a glass fish tank would need no other protection than a cardboard covering.
Needless to say neither water nor fish would be much use with it anymore lol

Unless you're paying for dedicated A to B transport which will be safe, then the sender needs to package things properly for them getting transported along with hundreds of thousands of other items crammed into trucks and vans, as as well as multiple transfers in distribution hubs.
Or palletised can often be better especially if the item is smaller than the pallet itself. Less chance of it impacting with other items during shipping, and less attempts at manual handling during the process.
But then not all pallet shipments can do door to door at houses.
Old 04-06-2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Absolutely.

I've got an SM 155D from SM and I've got a Soulmate SM 155D from Lucid and they are identical.

The SM actually stands for ShangMei.
it seems a bit of a minefield with how many names, brands, manufacturers etc ??

Are there really only just a handful of manufacturers and many many brand names ?