UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2023, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedoo View Post
it seems a bit of a minefield with how many names, brands, manufacturers etc ??

Are there really only just a handful of manufacturers and many many brand names ?
There are still a lot of manufacturers but certain manufacturers have multiple brands under their umbrella or multiple manufacturers come under the umbrella of one group.

A few to get you started (really needs one of those detective pin boards with bits of string showing the connections.

Jinsan (WM Doll, WM Dolls, JY, OR, Angelkiss) and SE which is part of Jinsan but run independant of Jinsan.

Aeshira (JY, AS, AF)

Irontech - Made in the same factory as El-Doll but completely independant of them.

DollForever (Dollforever (D4E), Piper, DH168)... However... DH168's are actually made by SM (ShangMei) who share the same factory complex as D4E.

Firedoll - Ex Jinsan Employee's

Lushdoll - Made by Cosdoll

FunWest - Made by Aibei

Top level TPE manufacturers ar the likes of Jinsan, D4E, AEshira, SM, D4E, Irontech. At this level the girls are in general living works of art.

Mid Level mass manufacturers are the likes of Cosdoll, Jarliet, and Aibei. Personal view is that Aibei are up and coming and may within the next few years move up a level. These girls are what you make of them.

Bottom feeders and Cloners are the likes of Racyme, Rifrano, El-Doll. These are the sort of dolls generally sold on the likes of Allie express. At this level they are often little more than disaposable sex toys.

The difference between manufacturers at the top level are their blends of TPE and the quality of their skeletons. That is fundamentally what we are paying for.

Think of it this way. Someone saying that they want a doll is the equivalent of someone saying that they want a car. Fundamentally all cars manufacturered today have four wheels on the corners, seats, a steering wheel and engine. But there is a quantum gap between a Fiat Tipo and a Mercedes S class.

So it is with our girls.

Jinsan is a bit of a strange one in that each of the manufacturers uder the Jinsan umbrella works independently. My favoured bodies to the touch are those created by YL. But the sculpts of many WM girls is just jaw dropping.

Aeshira is different in that they have three factories and three brands but th factories create models, it is not a division by brand. This division bit them badly in 2016-17 when one of the factories was turning out sub standard TPEbut all of the factories got hit with the consumer fallout. From 2018 they have had much better quality control accross the group.

As with many who come here, you have come to the table wanting the doll but are now having the epiphany that not all dolls are created equal. As with the rest of us you will be looking at the trade off between realism and money. The issue at this stage is that you will look at the cheaper options and thnk tht they look comparable.

Most of us here are happy to buy a good girl cheap but we will not buy the cheap girls. That is where Lucid fits in for us as their bulk purchases from good manufacturers result in some girls almost in the specs that we would have ordered anyway.... But, if you are only going to live with 2-3 girls then it may be more cost effective to have her created to the exact specification you want or in a few months you will be back looking longingly at the first girl that you wanted to buy.

But when they come with two heads Lucid is an excellent source to find the second head a body. Most manufacturers use the same M16 head connectors so its just a matter of getting the skin tone match.

HTH,

Shamus.
Old 05-06-2023, 08:01 AM
Bronze Member

Yes I fully understand the issues with shipping / handling / warehouse storage loading vehicles etc. After all the only thing the DPD guys can do is move the boxes as they are supplied - regardless of how careful they are if the item has not been packed properly in the first place damage is almost inevitable. I recently had a large order of vinyl delivered in an approx "doll" sized box with 1000 small screws just loose in the box - Yes the inevitable happened - the poor DPD guy arrived with his van floor covered in tiny screws!

Anyway the point I was rather trying to make was that if LT had left my larger heavier 25kg lady in her own box which presumably is how she arrives from Zelex and packed the smaller order (approx 10kg) separately instead of crudely stuffing it inside the larger box with the doll I'm sure everything would have been fine! I completely understand that the LT business model is Value for money "supermarket" type of retail and I read somewhere that LT ship well over 100 dolls a day so I don't expect them to spend ages on my individual order but I can't help feeling this was just a little bit too careless .
Old 05-06-2023, 05:40 PM
Vendor

Hi,
We are trying to upgrade our ERP with packaging, Current it's difficult for the suppliers to change their packaging style they require MOQ of 1000pcs for each order.

Will provide feedback to Zelex and I know what they will do with it.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:00 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the feedback - I am not sure if I can make this any clearer. this does not mean to sound rude but There was absolutely no problem at all with the Zelex packaging - the issue was simply that my Zelex lady had a smaller order shoved ontop of her in her own box - the additional order had no connection with Zelex and was not a Zelex product (could not have been packed by Zelex)- she was packed in this way by Lucidtoys
Old 06-06-2023, 07:28 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
Thanks for the feedback - I am not sure if I can make this any clearer. this does not mean to sound rude but There was absolutely no problem at all with the Zelex packaging - the issue was simply that my Zelex lady had a smaller order shoved ontop of her in her own box - the additional order had no connection with Zelex and was not a Zelex product (could not have been packed by Zelex)- she was packed in this way by Lucidtoys
Oh Sorry, Can you PM me your order number so I can check the CCTV.
Regards
Old 12-06-2023, 07:55 PM
Bronze Member

Sent you a PM last week - no response as yet! Thanks
Old 03-07-2023, 12:33 PM
Bronze Member

Have re-sent the packaging images direct via email - and also sent you a PM
Thanks
Old 22-07-2023, 02:40 PM
Active New Member

Hi just a bit of feedback. I ordered a head recently and although I was pleased with the service I was charged £34.95 for shipping about a 3kg parcel. It seems to be the more expensive silicone heads so maybe its just insurance, but I think some of the heads are being charged the "heavy" shipping rate for complete dolls or bodies.
Old 22-07-2023, 02:44 PM
Active New Member

Attached is an example.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ship.jpg (26.8 KB, 43 views)
Old 22-07-2023, 02:56 PM
Site Owner

My guess is, the extra cost is because DPD are shipping a £599 item, with most delivery services the cost goes up on value for insurance purposes.

Yes, looking at their website heads @ £449 are at the lower price, I checked several heads over £449 and they all were coming up higher price for delivery.