UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2023, 07:34 PM
Bronze Member

Quite like that implanted hair style, don't think the bald area looks too bad double parting will aways do that.
Eyebrows are dark but can be lightened by owner and not to dark to look out of place.
That said I just bought S10(not Emma Watson doll) and looking at WM160B with head 432 or Starpery Hedy 171A both on instant delivery by CC and I'm off in 2 weeks so not looking at buying this head.
Old 06-08-2023, 08:18 PM
Bronze Member

I'm glad I put this post up. I'm feeling more positive with all your feedback
I never considered it maybe down to the lighting of the different photos. I have no idea about photos but it does make alot of sense.
Hey now I can't wait to get her again, who knows could turn into a 5/5 star review when I get her home.
I chose the SY m series and the M I believe stands for there new moveable jaw.i have never had a movable silicone jaw so excited about that.

My project is to find a supplier I like and buy at least 2 heads every year. To put on display in a cabinet. Like a personal museum of how these heads have progressed over the years. 1 of the heads each year will go in a cabinet 1 will be to put on my dolls for the year.

For this project I need to have the head pre ordered so I'm definitely getting the head for that year and not one that's been in a warehouse for a year.

Fingers crossed my end review will turn out great and I can get my project officially started.

Look at me all glass half full now.

Again thanks for feedback so far.
Really has helped
Old 06-08-2023, 08:52 PM
Silver Member

Hi again, I thought it might help if I show you my Amy's factory pic compared to how she looks now. Her head is hard tpe not silicone in order to take the implanted hair otherwise she looks ok but not particularly special in the factory pic. However after a little tinker with the makeup and under better lighting she comes alive 😁

Old 07-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Bronze Member

So great news been told in the sy head forum that the hair is still the same length and it is more of a photo issue about the baldness in the middle.
We're back up to 3/5 stars if true woohoo.
Old 10-08-2023, 12:20 AM
Active New Member

Smile Implantation & makeup

Nothing wrong here. You can easily change the hairstyle as the hair is implanted. Very nice head.
Old 10-08-2023, 04:52 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorificus View Post
This review is on the pre order experience from lucid and SY dolls
To clarify I'm totally happy with the stocked items lucid sells and I have bought.

Wow you know when someone writes the above statement this review is not going to be good.
How right you all are. Over the course of this review I will explain why.
This is how I feel personally and I respect others who disagree. We are all in the doll family and we all expect different things from the service and expectations of our future companions.
I will be posting 2 photos I'm hoping admin could enlarge them as it would help with my issues with this experience. Due to my inexperience with tech forgive me for my grammar.
So with all that said the story begins

Hi,

I am back the two heads are identical as the first one was created without implant waiting for the client to give a GO.

Everything Sorted,

Regards
Old 10-08-2023, 05:15 PM
Part of the Furniture

Couple of thoughts on the 2 pics.

This is a wig, not implanted hair. It's a basic non lace fronted wig at that. If it were implanted you'd still see where it implants into the scalp at the front of the part line. Here we do not. The implanted hair is likely just invisible in the pic at the front part line due to the harsh lighting and light colour of the hair. The depth of the part line is die to the hair being implanted at 90' to the scalp so it rises from the scalp before falling. This can be rectified with a little steam and gentle pressing to make the hair lie more flat. Trust me, I've got plenty of experience hand punching hair

The camera angles are also slightly different. This will subtly change the shape of the face and the shadows on the face. Lighting is also higher up in the second pic causing deeper shadows on the eyes and in the mouth.

Finally the eyes in the above are focused on the camera, in the second pic they are looking below the camera. This in itself makes for a less attractive picture and considering the weighting we place on eyes in a photograph (they are the natural focus point for us humans) it will skew your perception of the head to some degree.

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 10-08-2023, 05:23 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Couple of thoughts on the 2 pics.

This is a wig, not implanted hair. It's a basic non lace fronted wig at that. If it were implanted you'd still see where it implants into the scalp at the front of the part line. Here we do not. The implanted hair is likely just invisible in the pic at the front part line due to the harsh lighting and light colour of the hair. The depth of the part line is die to the hair being implanted at 90' to the scalp so it rises from the scalp before falling. This can be rectified with a little steam and gentle pressing to make the hair lie more flat. Trust me, I've got plenty of experience hand punching hair

The camera angles are also slightly different. This will subtly change the shape of the face and the shadows on the face. Lighting is also higher up in the second pic causing deeper shadows on the eyes and in the mouth.

Finally the eyes in the above are focused on the camera, in the second pic they are looking below the camera. This in itself makes for a less attractive picture and considering the weighting we place on eyes in a photograph (they are the natural focus point for us humans) it will skew your perception of the head to some degree.

K
LOL

It's the same product with implanted hair.

The first batch is in the air.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:46 PM
Bronze Member

I do appreciate the members input, regarding how the camera angles effect the lighting around the eyes.
I do really love this head, even thinking of buying another once I recieve her.

I think if sy used the same camera angles in before and after shots. It would of saved me from all my anxiety and confusion.

I can see me rating this 5 stars
Old 10-08-2023, 05:59 PM
Vendor

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. At Lucid, we pride ourselves on being a team that stands by our customers. Your feedback is invaluable, and we genuinely appreciate the time you took to provide it.

I'd like to share some additional context that might provide further clarity on the situation. I was out of the country for a span of 10 days during this period and had entrusted our competent managers to handle affairs in my absence. In reviewing the communications, I observed hundreds of messages exchanged with the supplier regarding this matter. It's a testament to our commitment that we approached this situation with clarity, ensuring we didn't react solely based on emotions, but rather made well-informed decisions.

We have always upheld a policy to prioritize client satisfaction. That's why the hair implantation process wasn't initiated until we received the go-ahead from our client. Moreover, we made sure that the goods were not dispatched until the client expressed complete satisfaction. In light of the situation, we even proposed an alternative – to remake the head without the implanted hair. However, this offer wasn't availed.

Furthermore, I'm aware that various forum members were involved in related discussions. We chose not to intervene, respecting the platform for open dialogue and understanding that sometimes it's essential to listen and learn from such interactions.

It's crucial for us to anticipate any potential pitfalls before the full-fledged launch of our drop shipping model. Your insights have offered a clearer perspective, and it's moments like these that provide immense learning opportunities for us. We have taken away significant lessons from this episode.

Remember, our commitment to you doesn't end after a sale or a service. We're here for the entire journey, and you can always count on us to be there when you need assistance. Thank you again for guiding us toward excellence. We're excited to use this feedback to better our processes and ensure a seamless experience for all our future customers.