UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-07-2023, 08:17 AM
Gold Member

Suggest you find a regular poster in your geographic area and PM them to ask if you can visit and try a lift. Better than spending circa £500-£1000 on something that ends in "for sale" column a week later.
Old 19-07-2023, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jock001 View Post
Suggest you find a regular poster in your geographic area and PM them to ask if you can visit and try a lift. Better than spending circa £500-£1000 on something that ends in "for sale" column a week later.
Hi Jock,

I don't think that there are many of us so accomodating to open our doors to strangers. Only four long standing members have ever set foot in the Shire home for wayward Elves (Psion, Adam, Lulu and Samurai).

Some others such as your good self would be welcome if the opportunity arose but its never going to be an open door policy.

The key is that the people that you invite along would never dream to try and lift one of your girls. Its just not the done thing. But thats exactly what a newbie needs. To touch, to prod, to lift, to look at bits that my girls would never dream of showing anyone.

Its not that I'm mean to newbies. I think that I offer more support than many. Its just that I am VERY! protective over my girls

Maybe a better approach might be for newbies to go to B&Q and try to lift 4 10kg bags of sand at the same time.... And then pour oil over them and try to carry them upstairs
Old 20-07-2023, 02:44 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
There are (slightly) cheaper dolls available from such as ebay and Alliexpress etc but they are either terrible quality or very mis-described, also customer service is likely to be at best dreadful- to non existent.

Old 20-07-2023, 07:32 AM
Silver Member

why not get a Torso with head first like me I have 2 and a spare head to switch over - remember apart from the huge weight and difficulty to move them around the legs and arms get in the way - and Torso is really easy to pick up and move around

of cause later on you could still get a full body the heads from Torso will fit the full body making it so easy to upgrade later on
Old 20-07-2023, 08:16 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
I don't think that there are many of us so accommodating to open our doors to strangers.
Psion, Cabbage, Harem (although his gaff probably has security) have all volunteered in past, and Phil at Doll-House formerly Chislehurst now in Stanley Co.Durham I am told allows lifts and does second-hands so may be sometimes a bit cheaper.
When I was contemplating the rabbit hole I was lucky to find I could not even budge some not-so-big girls before showing my wallet-moths the light. Maybe 'cos I'm old and puny. I recommend the WM body weight chart you chaps produced ages ago. Sorry I can't do links.
Good luck.
Old 20-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Banned

Do you mean this one Jock? Its well out of date as I've not had the time to maintain it.

To get the comparitive (real) feel ratio I start with a Height to Weight ratio. Then calculate Waist * hip size then multiply those two ratio's together.
It works, think of girls like the YL 151C that seems so much heavier than the WM 157B despite being 6cm shorter. Or the weird phenominon of the WM 166C seeming easier to handle than the 157B.

I'm not saying that its the perfect magic formula but that real weight Ratio calculation works for me.

The issue that exists with the above is that the published figures are not always correct. I suspect because bodies get recast but the published stats never get updated

Ok, now lets play spot the accountant