UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Help forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-11-2021, 09:29 AM
Gold Member

Default "Like" Button

So in Ecobud's thread a mini discussion started regarding the introduction of a like button so rather than continuing it there I though I wold start a new thread so we can discuss the advantages and disadvantages of introducing this feature.

Now from my point of view this would be helpful as sometimes I'm too busy to reply but do appreciate a picture or even a comment. Others have expressed this too, Tommo, you agree! Dollman also mentioned not posting in the portraits thread because he didn't want to offend anyone by not commenting on their pictures. Again a like button could solve this dilemma for sure.

The only downside to introducing this function might be actually installing it. I've no idea how much it would take to do so and if all that effort is worth it? Tommo, thoughts?

I don't think be able to like pictures and comments would have any other negative impacts on the forum or it's usability but other opinions are welcome.

Let's discuss and try not to annoy each other this time!

Have we talked about this before or am I thinking of something similar over on TDF?

Jimpink
House of Pink
Wolka & Amy

Old 13-11-2021, 10:11 AM
Banned

I can see arguements for and against.

Number one against of course is who would do it! But that aside....

If a button existed then people would get instant gratification but there would be no effort behind the approval.

Disapproval would be annonymous and one disapproval could cause more issue for a member than dozens of approvals.

Currently a lot of posts do get missed but they would be missed with a like button as much as a comment and the like means less. The recent posts staying recent longer would I feel do more for site interactions than a like button.

Like buttons also detract from social interaction as a quick click is not the same as building freindships and the comedic interactions on here.

All things cnsidered. Although things may be imperfect as not all posts that should be commented on are commented on, I would vote against change as what we have works without the issues associated with instant gratification.

I vote no change.

Shamus.
Old 13-11-2021, 10:11 AM
Legendary Member

I personally think a "Like" button is a good idea, as I said over on Eco's thread.

I can't actually think of any real downsides
Old 13-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

I am informed that the forum software is to be upgraded to an alternative and that any potential enhancements in the interim will not be undertaken.

In other words...

Hold 'yer horses!

- - -
Old 13-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDutus View Post
I personally think a "Like" button is a good idea, as I said over on Eco's thread.

I can't actually think of any real downsides
Hiya PD,

we posted at the same moment. for downsides see my post.

All the best matey,

Shamus.
Old 13-11-2021, 10:25 AM
Site Owner

Oh Dear! I've started something here now

Unfortunately I don't have time to reply, had there been a like button I would have pressed it now.
Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/victoria.ash.1257

Old 13-11-2021, 10:26 AM
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Hiya PD,

we posted at the same moment. for downsides see my post.

All the best matey,

Shamus.
Yes, I saw that You make some valid points regarding downsides. It did occur to me, upon reflection, that the "instant gratification" aspect could be an issue, and might move at least some people away from making a comment. It's the same with Facebook.

All the best
PD
Old 13-11-2021, 10:37 AM
Golden Diamond Member

I admit having a "like" button would be helpful if folks are in a hurry and trying to catch up on their phones (me for instance, when I'm in my tent for a week and miss 500 posts while I'm gone).

But I agree with Shamus in that it might discourage people from actually commenting, even if it's only a few short words, and those words can often mean a lot in response to a comment or photo any of us have posted. Commenting also prompts responses from the original poster, and often then more interaction leading to friendships

Old 13-11-2021, 10:53 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
Oh Dear! I've started something here now

Unfortunately I don't have time to reply, had there been a like button I would have pressed it now.
Brilliant. You've managed to simultaneously advocate for the button and point out you've got no time to implement it. Well played sir.

I'm with Shamus too, this forum isn't vast like TDF where this sort of like button approach might be worthwhile. It'll never happen over there for reasons we all can relate to regarding how that place is or isn't managed!

The interactive element of everyone here makes this forum feel special and constantly strengthens that bond we have with each other.

Jimpink
House of Pink
Wolka & Amy

Old 16-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Gold Member

^ And that's the kind of thing I really . . . LIKE!