UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Fashion forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22-06-2021, 07:42 PM
Bronze Member

Default Bra Advice

So, I'm struggling on a few counts here.

I've resisted the urge to put my beautiful WM 168e (new style 168e that is) in lingerie.

Frankly I was worried about damaging her, specifically the lingerie leaving marks.

Now that I've kept her pretty much immaculate for 12 months I'm ready to look at lingerie again.

I have some items left over from my returned 158b chubby and surprisingly the hold up stockings fit nicely despite her very long legs. I've been monitoring for the rubber (assume it's latex) holdup bands leaving marks or damaging the TPE but after a couple of days there's no sign of it, she has long but slender legs and thighs so the band isn't particularly tight around her thigh. When I go to work I roll the tops back so it gives the TPE a break from any potential depression. Whilst the stockings fit there's zero chance the bras fit with her going from a B to an E.

Back on topic, bras...I'm struggling with three points thus far...

1 - Size, I thought I had the size down using...

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=13737

...but I'm starting to confuse myself, any ideas what a WM168e should be looking at?

2 - Style/material, I might be being greedy but I'm looking for something sexy that doesn't damage her and all of the wireless options are more geared to comfort and frankly she's a stunner so I'd like her to show off her assets more. I love the look of this bra below. I looked for quite some time to figure out what it might be referred to as but now I'm wondering if a bra that shows off the underside of the bust like below actually exists or if it's just a bra that's too small for her lol.

3 - Fit, finally I'd like to give her some cleavage like the 168e has in studio shots below but is squeezing them together like the image below going to damage her?

If anyone is able to weigh in on any of these points I'd appreciate it.
Old 22-06-2021, 08:06 PM
Part of the Furniture

OK,

So that bar is just too small. Simple as that. You might get the same effect using the old bra from your 158b

For the 168E measure her underbust, then go up 1 band size and down 1 cup size. So if she is a 32E from measurements, got for a 34DD.. (Science bit : Cup size is linked to band size. So the width of an E cup on a 36 inch band is wider than an E cup on a 30 inch band. Going down a Cup size and up a band size will give a better overall fit)

Wires can be removed from Bras, just pick a small hole in one end of the wire channel and it will pull out.

For Cleavage, you want to look for a push-up Bra. If she has gel or air fill breasts you wont do any damage. Unlikely even with solid boobs to be honest.

Maddie is a Gel Filled G and she can do cleavage for weeks!

HTH

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 22-06-2021, 08:07 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Do be weary with the hold ups. Chloe had some black ones with just elasticated tops and they left marks on her legs.

As with the bras, I have been trying different sizes on her, but found the 2XS lingerie set you get in Primark fit her well. Only £6. If you do get the dark coloured ones, take the tags off! As these stained Chloe too.

Old 22-06-2021, 08:18 PM
Legendary Member

I've found buying the right bra for my girls an absolute nightmare, and I very rarely get it right first time, taking it back to the shop to exchange it for a different size.

Got into an interesting conversation with a shop assistant and a female customer in Marks & Spencer not very long ago about bra sizing when trying to get the right bra for Morgana, my XY171.

I think the problem with many dolls is that the back is too narrow, which means you end up with measurements which are difficult to find the right bra for in the real world. But the best way is still to measure her yourself and find the closest fit.

I am always concerned about underwired bras cutting into the TPE and I avoid the usual dark colours.
Old 22-06-2021, 08:23 PM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDutus View Post
....I think the problem with many dolls is that the back is too narrow, which means you end up with measurements which are difficult to find the right bra for in the real world. But the best way is still to measure her yourself and find the closest fit.
Exactly!

The 34G I bought for Maddie is fine in terms of overall fit (a little loose), but the cups are far to wide, ending somewhere under her armpits. I'd bet a 30G would have been about perfect, but the next one im going to try will be a 34E so see if that snugs up a little better

K

We also Tweet
Old 22-06-2021, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the info all, very helpful.

Glad I can remove the underwire, that's a relief. I only opt for white lingerie, so no issue with staining, fortunately I love the look of it.

I will keep a close eye on the hold up stockings but I'm optimistic, the band is very large at 4 inches in height and not at all tight. I'll still roll them back to let the TPE rest and examine them for any marks.
Old 22-06-2021, 10:45 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Maybe keep an eye on any lacy bras that are not padded or lined. They can cause damage to nipples. Especially if they are tight fitting. Or you like to squeeze boobs often. I've had to get rid of all of my lady's sheer lace bras because of that.

eco
Old 23-06-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDutus View Post
I've found buying the right bra for my girls an absolute nightmare, and I very rarely get it right first time
I couldn't agree with you any more! Finding a well fitting bra seems like a total cluster fuck! Assuming I even know the right size for my doll not all brands are the same as some follow their own sizing rules so a 32C won't be a 32C from anywhere else and then they don't even tell you this. Also not all bra types suit all boob shapes and then to top it off they're aren't particularly cheap so buying loads and seeing what fits will just be expensive.

Most of the calculations I've seen that have variations of "cup size = bust - under bust" give weird results for me. A Bra That Fits calc seems better but it needs 6 measurements, they need to be accurate and it's still only a guideline. I got a new doll recently and the manual calcs say shes a 28D/30C while ABTF say she's a 28DD. So I bought 3 similar 30 band M&S t-shirt bras in C, D & DD as a test and somehow the 30DD seems to fit her the best yet according to the calcs it shouldn't
Old 23-06-2021, 02:49 PM
Part of the Furniture

The most important thing to remember with Bra's on dolls is its "best fit".

Even the softest Gel filled TPE breasts are not as 'fluid' as real breasts, so they will not form to fit and fill the cups.

Instead we are having to contend with breasts that have been sculpted to look great and natural without a bra that will not change their shape very much when fitted inside a bra which is design to cup, cushion, and reshape the breasts it's supporting.

Stretchy Sports Bras will always fit well because they are stretchy, but everything else is going to be a compromise.

K

We also Tweet
Old 23-06-2021, 03:26 PM
Banned

Absolutely no help to you at all Mr Challenger, but what about string bikinis? Similar sort of thing right?

I really do not like bras at all - psychological scaring from seeing my mother's horrific garments. I will never ever buy a bra for one of my girls (okay, I might be persuaded if it looks good - perhaps a sports bra.)

The same psychological scaring is why my preference is for small breasted ladies. No nightmare scenario of horrible saggy boobs ever to wake up to one morning. One fantastic thing about synthetic ladies though, is that their breasts don't sag

But string bikinis I absolutely love So easy to install, and - even better - so easy to uninstall - pull a little bit of string and they just fall off And - most importantly - it's not a garment my mother ever wore

Apologies for my absolutely 0 helpfulness. I'll just shut up now