UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum. > WM Doll Forum.

Old 18-06-2021, 12:17 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Default The realism of current doll faces and the public

Hereís a good story.

I posted a photo of my Savannah on my Instagram and I had a message from a guy who is a model portrait photographer who follows me. He was curious why I posted a photo of a real model in amongst my doll photos. I told him it was a doll and he didnít believe me. He was convinced the photo was of a real person. He was so convinced it was real that I had to show him other photos of her to show it was a doll.
He even went as far to ask if the second photo of her as a doll, was based on the original photo of a real model. He was having a hard time believing she was a doll.

As far as the photos go, all I did was shoot it with studio lighting and add a cute smile from FaceApp.

I think the point is, the amount of detail doll manufacturers are putting into their dolls, can even convince a seasoned model photographer they are real faces finished with make up.

It took some time in convincing him that Savannah was a doll, it was quite funny that he thought she was anything but. He finally got it after I showed him a few unflattering phone shots of her. He finally got it!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/188724080@N03/

Find us on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/lovedollphotography/
Old 18-06-2021, 12:28 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Faceapp does a lot more than just add the smile. It blends skin tones, alters eyes, adds creases etc. and in doing so makes the face a lot more real

That is a beautiful pic of Savannah and I can see why people would think she is real, but to us dollaholics theres the give-aways

K

Click the pics for their threads...
"...there was an odd smell of fish coming from it.." The Tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws
Old 18-06-2021, 12:41 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Your definitely correct there Karrot. Any doll owner will know the differences but it took him a fair bit of convincing.

We had quite a good conversation about my girls and their photos and he was really surprised at the realism of them. He had seen dolls in the past and instantly pictured dolls as the old blow up dolls. He commented he could be convinced to buy one himself for his studio. I told him that I use my girls when running studio lighting workshops to combat the cost of hiring models for a few hours. He loves that idea. His wife owns a fashion clothing store and he said he is going to speak to her about using them as I store mannequins.

I’m thinking it won’t be long before we start seeing current dolls used a lot more in commercial environments.

I think that’s a massive plus’s for the doll industry. It could even get tho the point that if production increases for doll use in commercial areas, we possible could see a reduction in prices making them more cost effective for more people!!

WIN WIN

Find us on Instagram

Old 18-06-2021, 01:20 AM
Gold Member

When I've showed pictures of Chloe to friends and family, they were pleasantly surprised how realistic she looked. Even the unedited pics, they said she looks lovely. I think some of them thought of a 'blow up' when I said I have a companion doll. Mind, lately they have become more widely accepted, especially with coverage in the media and documentaries.

Your girls always look lovely, Instagram is certainly the place to show of their beauty.
Old 18-06-2021, 04:57 AM
Gold Excellence Member

I've had a similar experience with a friend. I told her I was getting a doll and she immediately remembered the episode of Only Fools and Horses that has a blow up doll in it, so that was all she could imagine.

When I showed her photos of Sihtric, she said, "Wow, he looks so realistic and detailed, I didn't expect that."
Old 18-06-2021, 10:51 AM
Silver Member

If you're using Faceapp then it's not really "just" a photo of a doll.
Old 18-06-2021, 12:27 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighes1 View Post
...I think the point is, the amount of detail doll manufacturers are putting into their dolls, can even convince a seasoned model photographer they are real faces finished with make up...
Adding freckles and blemishes makes a difference, along with mastering the empathy required for realistic posing.

Cracking job!

Old 18-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt35uk View Post
If you're using Faceapp then it's not really "just" a photo of a doll.
Very true but I didnít do any makeup filters, just the smile. Everything else is her.

Find us on Instagram

Old 18-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Silver Member

Before Jenny arrived, i was showing my best mate various pictures of dolls on websites, and even on this forum. He was blown away because he too (i think) was thinking of the blow up variety, or a giant Cabbage Patch doll or something. Anyway, when the factory photos and video came through, i showed him that as well and his eyes nearly popped out. Lastly, when she arrived and he'd met her, i was constantly sending him photos before i knew about the app.

Every time, whether it was a video from the factory, a photo from this forum, or a website, or a picture i'd taken, he was blown away at how realistic these girls look. I admit he's not a pro photographer but these days... love dolls are SO realistic, and they're only going to get more realistic.
Old 18-06-2021, 12:42 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
or a giant Cabbage Patch doll or something.
Oh be still, my throbbing manhood