UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Open Forum.

Old 20-07-2021, 10:31 AM
Gold Member

Default Fiona is taking over!

Hi all . I've only had Kimber about a week unless of course I've lost sense of time which happens now and then I'm certain it's a week however.

I've tried my best to take care of her I've washed her three times, and pampered her with powder. However her feet are so delicate they have suffered some slight surface damage, and staining around the bolt holes on the soles. I have them in bandages now, stockings over those with socks on top I'm taking no more chances with her feet. I began from a point of ignorance hence the damage slight as it is sucks! I'll just have to live with it and protect her she's like my pet I must protect her.

She's having a positive effect on me I must admit. I've never kept pets I never grew up with any and I'm not conditioned that way I've never fancied all the things you have to do to maintain one, but that's how I'm beginning to see her as my doll pet. I enjoy cleaning her and powdering her, then caring for her feet and dressing her it's really de-stressing and relaxing. I tend to forget she's just a doll and speak to her sometimes as I'm looking after her I don't care if she can't answer I can hear her reply in my head.

My habits have improved having given up on myself as relationship material for years I just slipped comfortably into giving not two figs for housework beyond keeping the kitchen clean (I don't want the lumbago worse than the covid). I've began turning the flat back into a showroom for Fiona I dare not risk getting dirt and dust on her that's ok for me as long as my teeth are brushed and my bobbly bits washed and deoderised I didn't care I was usually elbows deep in mending my bicycle anyway. I use it a lot it weras out. Did I say I talk too much it's probably nerves Lol. Anything you want to tell me feel free I don't care what it is I'll listen?

DS
Old 20-07-2021, 10:41 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollscience View Post
...... However her feet are so delicate they have suffered some slight surface damage, and staining around the bolt holes on the soles......
The soles of the feet are probably the one thing that's guaranteed to get a hard time, even from an experienced doll partner. Thee more you stand them up the more they will take some kind of damage. Maddie has never stood up (I dont dare try as oddly she cant get her knees completely straight) but she has some minor damage round her foot bolts from just getting dressed sitting on the side of the bed with her feet on the floor.

Quote:
She's having a positive effect on me I must admit. ........ I enjoy cleaning her and powdering her, then caring for her feet and dressing her it's really de-stressing and relaxing. I tend to forget she's just a doll and speak to her sometimes as I'm looking after her I don't care if she can't answer I can hear her reply in my head.
Now you're getting it! And you certainly are not alone in any of what you said here!

K

Click the pics for their threads...
"...there was an odd smell of fish coming from it.." The Tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws
Old 20-07-2021, 12:01 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
The soles of the feet are probably the one thing that's guaranteed to get a hard time, even from an experienced doll partner. Thee more you stand them up the more they will take some kind of damage. Maddie has never stood up (I dont dare try as oddly she cant get her knees completely straight) but she has some minor damage round her foot bolts from just getting dressed sitting on the side of the bed with her feet on the floor.

Now you're getting it! And you certainly are not alone in any of what you said here!

K
I'd prefer harder rubber feet I don't do much with her feet I touch her hands a lot but not her feet. The manufacturers know better than me though it would mean two different elastomers/polymers would need fusing together. Do you find your Maddie's heels hang off her heel bolts so the bolt rests on the inside of the hole, a gap on the heel side. That's an issue I have with the Kimber heel hence I bandages them to try and keep them a bit more toeward?
Old 20-07-2021, 12:11 PM
Golden Diamond Member

cant say I've noticed any but then im not usually around her feet Also she's a WM not a Kimber, so different manufacturer and therefore different 'quirks' I guess.

Best bet, take a pic of it and ask the Kimber owners here to compare with their Kimber feets

K

Click the pics for their threads...
"...there was an odd smell of fish coming from it.." The Tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws
Old 20-07-2021, 12:49 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Its good to hear she's having such a positive effect on you and that you want to take care of her. Both my girls have some degree of damage to their feet. Its really hard to avoid. Emma spends a lot of time in a onsie with built in feet and when she's dressed she always has shoes or trainers on.
Caring for them is all part of the experience i feel. Its like anything... The more you put in the more reward. Wish you all the best
Old 20-07-2021, 01:24 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam&Emma View Post
Its good to hear she's having such a positive effect on you and that you want to take care of her. Both my girls have some degree of damage to their feet. Its really hard to avoid. Emma spends a lot of time in a onsie with built in feet and when she's dressed she always has shoes or trainers on.
Caring for them is all part of the experience i feel. Its like anything... The more you put in the more reward. Wish you all the best
All the best returned
Old 20-07-2021, 03:55 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Algae's Law

Vertical = Trainers
Horizontal = Socks

Old 20-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Gold Member

Trainers on the wishlist. Priority 👍
Old 20-07-2021, 05:02 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Trainers on the wishlist. Priority 👍
UK size 3 are suitable for Kimbers. Loose enough to get them on easily without squishing pinkies, tight enough to support the entire foot.

Old 22-07-2021, 09:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Hi all . I've only had Kimber about a week unless of course I've lost sense of time which happens now and then I'm certain it's a week however.

I've tried my best to take care of her I've washed her three times, and pampered her with powder. However her feet are so delicate they have suffered some slight surface damage, and staining around the bolt holes on the soles. I have them in bandages now, stockings over those with socks on top I'm taking no more chances with her feet. I began from a point of ignorance hence the damage slight as it is sucks! I'll just have to live with it and protect her she's like my pet I must protect her.

She's having a positive effect on me I must admit. I've never kept pets I never grew up with any and I'm not conditioned that way I've never fancied all the things you have to do to maintain one, but that's how I'm beginning to see her as my doll pet. I enjoy cleaning her and powdering her, then caring for her feet and dressing her it's really de-stressing and relaxing. I tend to forget she's just a doll and speak to her sometimes as I'm looking after her I don't care if she can't answer I can hear her reply in my head.

My habits have improved having given up on myself as relationship material for years I just slipped comfortably into giving not two figs for housework beyond keeping the kitchen clean (I don't want the lumbago worse than the covid). I've began turning the flat back into a showroom for Fiona I dare not risk getting dirt and dust on her that's ok for me as long as my teeth are brushed and my bobbly bits washed and deoderised I didn't care I was usually elbows deep in mending my bicycle anyway. I use it a lot it weras out. Did I say I talk too much it's probably nerves Lol. Anything you want to tell me feel free I don't care what it is I'll listen?

DS
Just a thought Mr Dollscience,
Are Fiona's feel bolts fully tightened?

I have found with Hailey and Aurora that is there bolts are fully tightened they are below the level of the TPE.

I think if the TPE is touching the ground there is more risk of damage.

So what I do is loosen them so the bolts keep their TPE just off the ground and the only contact to the ground is on the bolts. This works really well on carpet but on a wooden floor its best just to use trainers as she can scratch the floor or worse slip over.

FR