UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum

Old 02-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Active New Member

Smile Wig questions from new member.

Firstly a huge thank you to all the existing members who have helped me without knowing it. Thanks for the reviews and amazing photographs of Kimberdoll which finally persuaded me to order one last week. Thanks also for all the posts about WM Dolls even though I decided that a 166C with maybe a 273 or 266 or... was too much to spend on my first foray into ownership!
I do have a couple of questions though, about wigs.
Firstly I have browsed Amazon, eBay and elsewhere for wigs and have found a number of cosplay character and general wigs I would quite like but being new to this was wondering if wigs designed for real people will fit my new girl when she arrives towards the end of the month?
Secondly, are the WM Wigs OK? Specifically I was wondering about 9 the curly blonde one and 14 the long black one but maybe others in future.
If anyone can help with the above I’d very much appreciate it and any other suggestions or recommendations about good wigs and where to find them.
I look forward to chatting with you all and sharing some photographs of my new girl in a few weeks time.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:00 PM
Legendary Member

Welcome aboard Tursiops

Wigs can either make or spoil a lady. I favour kanelon fibre myself and maintain with Dimples wigoil. There are many types on the market but generally you get what you pay for although the Cosplay wigs do seem to last well and look good and lace fronts are superb but dear.

Cue Mons K or our Mister Teasey Weasy of the Forum.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 02-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Platinum Diamond Member

Ahhhh wigs.

OK, simple rules of thumb

Party Wig = shit. super cheap nylon fibres tangles and frizzes and is generally unmanageable.

Fashion Wig = our general Go To. Made from Japanese Wig Fibre or Kanekalon (same thing, 2 names) Lasts well, will frizz on the ends but usually cheap enough to bin and rebuy at between 10 -20 quid. Can be restyled/straightened/de-frizzed with steam.

Lace Front Wigs - As above but have a lace front hair line making them look very natural, but should be glued on and blended in with make-up for best effect. You can cheat and simply fold the lace front under, but its not the 'right' way to use them.

Human Hair Wig = Gonna cost you, but its hair, not nylon fibres. Less prone to frizzing, can be styled with a hair dryer/tongues/curlers etc just like a real girls hair, but at 80+ quid, its a big outlay

Of guaranteed quality wigs at decent prices look at WiWigs and Forever Young on Ebay. You may find the same wig cheaper from another seller, but WiWigs and FY are excellent on service and their wigs are quality Japanese Fibre with a good quality wig cap.

All wigs are adjustable with a set of elastics at the rear, so as long as your girl is remotely close to full size you shouldnt have an issue.

Lastly, watch all dark wig caps on a TPE girl. Dark coloured cloth can leech colour in to the girls TPE and leave a stain. under her hair ins't really too much of an issue, but ears can be visible. A barrier like a white nylon wig cap can be the simple solution and costs pennies on Ebay. The wig will probably come with a cap, but it may be black, so no good.

Hope that helps.

Mons K

Click the pics for their threads...
"...there was an odd smell of fish coming from it.." The Tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws
Old 02-05-2020, 08:44 PM
Gold Member

I have 2 questions:

Is that where Ms Xiaoli gets her wigs?

If I'm to spend more time styling hair, is an equivalent extra amount of boob fondling allowed as previously indicated?
Old 02-05-2020, 08:54 PM
Silver Member

Welcome to the forum Tursiops

Thanks for the above Karrot. I've got a forever young wig and I do rate it for the what it cost
Old 02-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Platinum Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willendorph View Post
I have 2 questions:

Is that where Ms Xiaoli gets her wigs?

If I'm to spend more time styling hair, is an equivalent extra amount of boob fondling allowed as previously indicated?

Actually Little Miss' wigs are generally from the cheaper sellers of the "Anime' style wigs, and once I find one I like I buy several so that she has an appreciable time between style changes. sometimes I hit UN-lucky and get a crappy wig, but most are selling the same thing, so if you know the style and wig, its the same from everyone.

Fondling of boobs is very important in any styling session. it lets the stylee know that you are fully engaged with her......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_xxx View Post
Thanks for the above Karrot. I've got a forever young wig and I do rate it for the what it cost
Jess used to use WiWig products until she decided to go properly orange instead of auburn. Sadly even those are now impossible to find and she may have to swap back once these wigs go end of life

K

"...there was an odd smell of fish coming from it.." The Tale of Fluffy Kittenpaws
Old 02-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Further to the great advice already posted. Using a nylon wig cap will help keep/secure her hair on her head. If you want extra support, with using a nylon wig cap, it is possible to use hair pins to hold her hair onto the cap.
eco
Old 02-05-2020, 10:18 PM
Active New Member

Smile Thanks for the welcome and advice so far

Thanks Karrot, I looked at WiWigs and Forever Young on eBay as you suggested and there are some lovely looking ones there. Thanks also to everyone else for the suggestions and welcomes.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:15 AM
Platinum Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecobod View Post
Further to the great advice already posted. Using a nylon wig cap will help keep/secure her hair on her head. If you want extra support, with using a nylon wig cap, it is possible to use hair pins to hold her hair onto the cap.
eco
You can also add in your own elastic and that becomes very important if you want to really get high Ponytails or Bunches.

I'll get some pics tomorrow, but essentially I add a strip of elastic from ear to ear that pulls the wig very tightly to the head and gives an anchor point for the back of the wig at the nape of the neck. This is used over a wig cap to protect the head and give a bit more anchorage as well.

K

Old 03-05-2020, 12:29 AM
Bronze Member

WiWigs I can definitely recommend. Good quality for a decent price.

However, I find that you should not get too attached to wigs. They will eventually become too tangled and “dry” to do anything with and will just need to be disposed of.

I can repeat advice from other members and that is to have a “bed” wig (shorter and less prone to tangles) and a “glamour” wig (longer but a lot more sexier).

Tags
kimberdoll, wig, wigs, wmdoll